The natives are getting restless

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
its a little slow everywhere. but since express1 will be buying you guys in the coming months. there ard trying to adjust you to lower wages and sitting more! lol

I think John Elliott is still having way too much fun to sell his company anytime soon. I know everything is for sale in business but I would bet heavy that John stays in the game with Load-1.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
When someone walks in with an offer, and the offer has enough commas,all bets are off.

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
what I always love is the denial of not selling. then when it goes down, well it was for the best for the company in whole. but really when it all comes down to the whole dollar amount

guido4475

Not a Member
I think a lot of the complaints against Load One are from the cargo van and sprinter van drivers. It's not a company issue. It is more of an issue of being at the bottom of the food chain in trucking. I don't think the bigger trucks are doing much complaining. Things are rough right now for the smaller trucks, and the non-team straight trucks. I believe some of the straight truck guys that had a gripe or two are solo's.

Also, we tend to tear one another down when times get tough. It's just the nature of sitting. I used to have a really good three months, sit for a week, or feel like I've been jerked around and then jump carriers. That's not always the solution. At least the Load One guys are riding out the storm. It may appear better at other carriers, but what rates will you be running for? Personally, I don't see anything wrong with venting every once and a while. We're all human; even the Load One gang!

Yes, we do have our slow times..like any other, we do get frustrated. But I have also never seen as much loyalty and dedication from it's drivers and commitment from an owner of a company as I have here. That is what keeps me here, knowing the owner, John Elliott, is doing everything he can to improve things for us in all areas instead of not giving a crap about his drivers as so many prior company owners that I have worked for. I'm not gonna lie to you, it is tough right now. But I know in the end things will work out for the best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

guido4475

Not a Member
John selling his lifelong dream and obsession.. I don't see that happening. That would be like someone divorcing a perfect wife.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
When I was leased to Superior Carriers and it got slow guys would hang around the terminal and belly ache.
They'd come out and call you in for an inspection.
If they could deadline a few trucks that not only thinned the herd but it'd cost you money while things were slow.
Almost all phases of trucking get slow from time to time.
How you roll with the slowdown shows your professionalism and maturity.

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
no, but it makes sence. I mean get your fleet up with high pay. then start to trend off of pay and slow down easing them in to transition.

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
I never meet john, but anyone with a family. would take the money and be glad to have enough to sit back and stay at home. thats the American dream aint it. build a company up sell for huge profit. and walk away never looking back! you would be a fool not to!!

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And miss all this ? Johns just sitting back and having another cool sip and scratching his head.......lol

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums mobile app

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
And miss all this ? Johns just sitting back and having another cool sip and scratching his head.......lol

Exhibit B

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Im sure he would sell for the rite price. Only problem is the rite price would be so stupid nobody would pay it. Nobody turns down stupid money, just very few pay stupid money.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Exhibit B

God ..I feel special to a have maggot tracking and responding to all my posts .....CREEPY Huh...lol...:D

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
God ..I feel special to a have maggot tracking and responding to all my posts .....CREEPY Huh...lol...:D

Not fun is it..

Last edited: