The Fall of Afghanistan

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
He won't. It's all about pride for him and his legacy. They'll probably invoke the 25th. About as best of an excuse they're going to get to get rid of him.
They'll invoke the 25th. He can write a response saying he is still fit, but that won't happen. Because that would make the cabinet members once again invoke the 25th and then two thirds would have to vote to remove him. He won't want it to come to that. For the good of the country (in his view) he'll resign. Plus, he knows he is tuckered out and can't perform the duties of President.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
According to reports from sources familiar with the chaos in the Whitehouse, Biden ignored Kamala's question twice during a teleconference.
This Administration is unraveling quickly. Almost as quickly as Afghanistan.

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They've already pushed their radical agenda. Biden is merely a figure head. But he is losing support like a sieve. Kamala is so unlikable to many though and thoroughly not up to the job of President.
But then again neither are making any decisions.
Obama is. I've seen it being called his 3rd term. Once on Fox News and twice on CNN.

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The USA has got to stop baby sitting other nations, IMHO.

sa
What I been saying for years
Yeah if the election was held today there'd be no way in hell Democrats would win. I think this put a lot of people who are on the fence about Biden over the fence against him. Remember... They voted against trump... Not for biden.
I hope everyone of them gets replaced at election time. I mean everyone. But we couldn't be so lucky.

Reactions: Shotcallerj

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The USA has got to stop baby sitting other nations, IMHO.

sa
True, but it's glaringly obvious that Biden ignored his military advisers and security experts who might had had a coherent plan for extraction. He simply tucked tail and ran, leaving the Taliban billions of dollars worth of munitions and equipment and stranding thousands of American citizens and contractors in hostile territory. The materials will be confiscated by the Taliban, and the Americans - who are scattered across the country - could easily become hostages on a far greater scale than Carter's Iran disaster.

Not even the mainstream media can't cover for the Biden bunglers and their steaming mess.

And Biden still apparently doesn't understand that withdrawing from a situation like Afghanistan isn't so simple as walking out of a bad movie.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Any resignations and firings yet because of this tremendous debacle?
Just checking.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What I want to know is what trump would have done different? If he had won the election, the same thing would be going on, who would he be pointing the finger at?

Didnt matter if we pulled out of there in a year, 10 years, or 100 years, a snowball in hell has a better shot than democracy in Afghanistan.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Americans having to choose whether or not to go through a Taliban checkpoint to get out of the country is messed up.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What I want to know is what trump would have done different? If he had won the election, the same thing would be going on, who would he be pointing the finger at?
Trump's plan was to pull all Americans and their Afghan helpers out first, then close, secure and evacuate the embassy, and then pull the troops out. And using the Bagram air base to do it. That was the actual plan in place when Trump left office. Biden didn't do any of that.

Last edited:

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator

Didnt matter if we pulled out of there in a year, 10 years, or 100 years, a snowball in hell has a better shot than democracy in Afghanistan.
No.....Trump had a solid plan that was flexible to what the general situation was. From what I know about it, it was a phase withdraw that would have ended at the beginning of winter because that's when the Taliban are the weakest. Which would have given the Afghan military/government time to transition into being completely in power of their country...... Before fighting season. Not to mention we still would have had a presence over there to support them with air and ground troops if needed.

Trump may not be perfect.. but he wouldn't have left all of those military assets for the Taliban to take control over.

Let's face it... Everything he did was wrong according to the media. So they would have found it to be the worst time on Earth either way even if it wasn't just like they overreacted on everything else.