The Fake News Depot

ATeam

Retired Expediter
This is the first time I have posted in this thread and one of the very few times I have even glimpsed at it. I'm entering today to express my understanding of why some people of conservative views feel unfairly treated by what they regard as the "liberal media."

Yesterday, news broke of the lawsuit Deven Nunes filed against CNN. See: Devin Nunes sues CNN for $435M over 'false and defamatory' Ukraine Story

This is an important development but I can find no mention of this on the CNN web site. A search of Google News produces a tiny few references to this story by any media source. It is especially interesting that CNN did not respond to Fox News's request for comment. They did not offer even the standard "we don't comment on matters involving pending litigation." In his lawsuit, Nunes is making claims that can be factually verified, yet CNN has nothing to say. Nothing.

People go round and round about liberal bias this and conservative bias that. But a lawsuit clearly lays out the charges and supporting evidence. That suit will be answered in court by CNN, I am sure, but it is fundamentally wrong of them to not cover or comment on this story. Journalistic integrity requires CNN and all news organizations to defend their reporting when it is questioned. CNN's lack of response to this important development is, again, fundamentally wrong.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Fake News to me is inaccurate news reports. It can also be tweets from news reporters about news that turn out to be inaccurate.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Inaccurate reporting happens all the time. It comes with the territory. Corrections are made, and you move on.

Fabricated stories, which is propaganda, is happening more and more over these last 3 years with disturbing regularity and brazenness. Fake Nes certainly encompasses the propaganda, but far more prevalent in the Fake News realm is when a story is intentionally crafted to tell a preferred narrative, rather than simply reporting of the facts.

As for CNN"s journalistic integrity, they have none. That went out the window when the leaked emails showed unambiguously that CNN (and several other MSM reporters) were actively conspiring with the DNC and the Hilary campaign to push a specific narrative. And, when CNN announced publicly their support for Hillary, and declared they would do all they could to support her campaign. And, the Project Veritas audio recording of CNN CEO Jeff Zucker on a morning conference call to journalists and producers to do whatever it takes to push impeachment.

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This is the first time I have posted in this thread and one of the very few times I have even glimpsed at it. I'm entering today to express my understanding of why some people of conservative views feel unfairly treated by what they regard as the "liberal media."

Yesterday, news broke of the lawsuit Deven Nunes filed against CNN. See: Devin Nunes sues CNN for $435M over 'false and defamatory' Ukraine Story

This is an important development but I can find no mention of this on the CNN web site. A search of Google News produces a tiny few references to this story by any media source. It is especially interesting that CNN did not respond to Fox News's request for comment. They did not offer even the standard "we don't comment on matters involving pending litigation." In his lawsuit, Nunes is making claims that can be factually verified, yet CNN has nothing to say. Nothing.

People go round and round about liberal bias this and conservative bias that. But a lawsuit clearly lays out the charges and supporting evidence. That suit will be answered in court by CNN, I am sure, but it is fundamentally wrong of them to not cover or comment on this story. Journalistic integrity requires CNN and all news organizations to defend their reporting when it is questioned. CNN's lack of response to this important development is, again, fundamentally wrong.
CNN has responded to this. I'm definitely not a fan of CNN. They make too many mistakes with their news and shape narratives with their news that is anti Trump.
But this particular story involved an indicted person's lawyer and his comments about Nunes. Nunes doesn't give comments to CNN about anything. This story though involved Nunes. So any exculpatory evidence wasn't provided until he filed his lawsuit against CNN.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some more handcrafted artisan news from Politico. Trump's name makes the headline in a story that has nothing to do with him. A true artisan would have used the word presidential candidate instead of Clinton. Rookie mistake.

• Haha
Reactions: Turtle

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Kevin Diaz a "reporter" for the Minneapolis Star Tribune was tasked with writing an article about Smokey Bear's 75th birthday and Minnesota Congress Woman Betty McCollum's backing of a congressional resolution to honor old Smokey. But how was Mr. Diaz going to get in the mandatory cheap shot at President Trump in an article about Smokey Bear? Read the first paragraph to find out how this "journalist" accomplished this task to satisfy the editors of the Red Star.
Smokey.png

• Haha
Reactions: Turtle and muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
MSNBC anchor Ari Melber...
"I saw overwhelming, factual evidence and first-person accounts to support constitutional abuse of power by the president to potentially cheat in the election, undermining democracy itself -- very strong. As we are now here... I do not see an overwhelming case and overwhelming evidence by these Democrats to support convicting on obstructing Congress."

He got plenty of pushback on there not being a strong case made for obstruction of Congress. He's right on that one, though, as obstruction of Congress is otherwise known as Separation of Powers.

But what cracks me up is, he thinks "constitutional abuse of power" is a thing. The Founding Fathers explicitly eliminated "administration malfeasance" as an impeachable offense, specifically because it's an opinion. Allowing the president to be impeached and removed from office simply because Congress disagrees with how he carries out his job completely removes any separation of powers and puts the Executive branch under control of Congress.

Reactions: Pilgrim

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Pompeo blasts 'shameful' NPR reporter, claims she broke agreement reached before interview

During an interview with NPR, Mike Pompeo got asked questions that weren't on the menu. Oh, poor baby. Now he's attempting to discredit the journalist, Mary Louis Kelly, that interviewed him. Pompeo claims that Kelly could not point out the location of Ukraine on a map.

It worth noting that Kelly graduated Harvard & completed her masters in European Studies at Cambridge.

Now where's that Pinocchio emoji ....?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Pompeo blasts 'shameful' NPR reporter, claims she broke agreement reached before interview

During an interview with NPR, Mike Pompeo got asked questions that weren't on the menu. Oh, poor baby. Now he's attempting to discredit the journalist, Mary Louis Kelly, that interviewed him. Pompeo claims that Kelly could not point out the location of Ukraine on a map.

It worth noting that Kelly graduated Harvard & completed her masters in European Studies at Cambridge.

Now where's that Pinocchio emoji ....?
That doesn't mean much. There are a lot of Harvard and Cambridge grads that are complete idiots.