The Fake News Depot

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I chose the wrong place to eat yesterday and CNN was showing the Senate inquisition. Warner showed what an idiot he is by asking the same question over and over and over trying to get the answer he wanted rather than the answer. I wanted to slap him or cause someone in the room to yell asked and answered. I'll be sure to go eat where I know they don't have tv's today.

Reactions: muttly and RoadTime

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Oops, this fake news headline and story are no longer operative.
Opinion | CNN corrects Comey-testimony-prediction story
I was listening to CNN on SiriusXM when Gloria Borger gave her "report" on what Comey was going to say. First let me just say that whenever I hear Gloria Borger speak, I hear her channeling Cliff Claven. So when she was talking about this, as with most everything else she says, it struck me as being more of a pompous, wishful-thinking fantasy rather than sound reporting of testimony-prediction.

Then, yesterday I was watching live when Comey's prepared statement was released and they were pouring over it in real time on-air. It was almost (almost) painful to watch the look of joyful, giddy anticipation on their faces quickly change to looks of disbelief, sadness and utter dejection. But I also knew it wouldn't take them more than a few minutes to find the nuggets they could use to spin and go, "See! See! See!"

But it was like Christmas morning as a kid to see their reaction of where Comey flatly stated that, without first being asked by Trump, that Comey took it upon himself to inform Trump on three separate occasions that Trump was not the subject or target of an investigation. Because they were soooo sure that Trump was lying about that. They hedged their bet via Gloria Borger that Trump might have just misinterpreted what Comey said, but no, Comey's statement was unambiguous and left zero room for misinterpretation. And that made CNN sad.
Too bad I missed it.(Their reaction) It would have been a good laugh.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
fac9284c166df29c47a67d3a9c463a2a.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Brian Stelter gets his fury little behind handed to him by an actual scientist, and founder of The Weather Channel.

When he waves and says, "Hello everybody! There is no global warming" I nearly peed my pants. :JC-hysterical:

Reactions: davekc

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Whoever has the air horn needs it placed firmly against their ear.
Yep, I agree. That was put in there by the poster of the video, as a way to punctuate the zaps and zings in the conversation.

Here's a more concise clip without any commentary. Short, sweet and to the point.

Reactions: davekc

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Real news...

The Crooked Hill exit sign on the Sagtikos Parkway on Long Island.

crooked-hillary-375x211.jpg

muttly

Veteran Expediter
A decent video from the 'inside' of CNN.
I know, some have a problem with James O'keefe, but some candid comments from one of their producers about this whole Russia thing.
Project Veritas|American Pravda: CNN
Uhm, that's a Chick-fil-A cup. The libs won't even hear what's on the audio after they spot that cup. They'll explode.
Oh yeah, I didn't notice the brand of cup. Good catch. Wonder if that guy's job is jeopardy. I do have a little sympathy if he loses his job. Just being honest with his opinion and following orders. I have much more contempt for the CNN 'CEO'. It appears he is dictating this Russian hoax.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Jim Acosta just keeps hitting them out of the park. Called Trump's news conference a "fake news conference" because Trump called on a friendly reporter who asked him a softball question. Acosta failed to mention that Trump also called on a hostile reporter who asked a hardball question on Russia. Acosta is just butthurt that no one will call on him in these press conferences anymore.

Then Acosta slams Trump for FAKE NEWS for accurately stating that only 3 or 4 intelligence agencies, saying he didn't know where Trump even came up with such a ridiculous number.

Dayaauuuummmm, Jim.

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Jim Acosta just keeps hitting them out of the park. Called Trump's news conference a "fake news conference" because Trump called on a friendly reporter who asked him a softball question. Acosta failed to mention that Trump also called on a hostile reporter who asked a hardball question on Russia. Acosta is just butthurt that no one will call on him in these press conferences anymore.

Then Acosta slams Trump for FAKE NEWS for accurately stating that only 3 or 4 intelligence agencies, saying he didn't know where Trump even came up with such a ridiculous number.

Dayaauuuummmm, Jim.
The figure was corrected in the NYT article a week ago, Jim. Absurdly written as it was.
Fixed: An Absurdly Written NYT Correction To A Trump-Russia Story