the eat anything you want diet

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The other day I was listening to some radio program and the discussion was about how hard it was to stay on a diet and not either cheat or feel deprived. The host made an interesting comment, telling the caller they could eat anything they wanted and not feel guilty provided they followed one simple rule. Prior to every meal they had to drink 8 oz of water and eat a medium sized apple, then wait 20 minutes before eating anything else. Whatever else they ate could be anything that anyone else was having. This was for someone calling who was overweight but not morbidly obese, about 40 pounds above where the chart shows they should be. I don't know for a fact it works but it sounds fairly reasonable and logical. ymmv

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
That sounds reasonable because the water and the apple would both be filling so you probably wouldn't eat as much.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Leo go ahead and try this out and keep us updated! The idea really does sound as if it will work. One of the hard things for us in the truck is you don't eat on a schedule sometimes and much to often you just grab something and keep going. We really need to get better disciplined in this area.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes Linda, I know I need to lose 40 pounds, thank you. :p Anyway, I fully agree about the grabbing something. I wish I had the discipline to stock and eat apples regularly. I would be much better off. Then again, if I would switch to sugar free soda that would probably take care of things all by itself.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I've always been a 24/7/365 coffee drinker. Luckily I drink it black so there's no calories associated with that. Lately, I've found myself drinking more water lately and I don't feel nearly as tired. I think it's because I am more hydrated than before. I've read, that many times, people mistake hunger for dehydration. My skin isn't as dry either.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Leo, you don't need to lose weight - but apples are good to have around, and they keep well for long periods, too. Next trip for groceries, just get a variety of the ones you like, and keep them hanging nearby - you can find room to hang one more bag somewhere, right?
I like to peel & slice apples, place in a dish, sprinkle with cinnamon candies, and microwave till the apple's cooked & the candies melt - yummy dessert on a cold day! (Also works well with applesauce, if you haven't got, or don't want to mess with, whole apples)

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
You could also try drinking green tea (not the bottled). I've lost 47 pounds since May by doing this. I eat normally and drink the tea several times a day. It not only is a natural way to detox your body, but it also speeds up your metabolisim and curbs your appetite.It's the easiest diet I've ever done. The best part is that unlike all the other diets I've tried over the years, I haven't gained any of the weight back.