The Boys Of Autumn Have Arrived

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Auburn might have been a two loss team but they r good I am a ga fan all the way an yea auburn did whip us the first time but not the second

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The sec is the hardest conference to predict on who is gonna win an who is gonna lose one team might have a bad week one week then the next they dominate you can take Tn fl vandy ole miss any of those an let them play another conference team an they would probably beat the other conference there is so much dominance in the sec that is y all the other power 5 conferences try an recruit in the south they want the corn bread fed big guys

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They lost by TWENTY THREE POINTS to a two loss team. Lol.
Again, your inexperience understanding college football is on display.

Keep ducking the question? Long term memory loss? Ahh, you just started watching college football last month? Yep, that's understandable.

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app
Conference championships should mean something.( Not just for the SEC)Whether it's Penn State last year or Ohio State this year. Winning a Power 5 conference championship should trump teams that can't even make it to the game. That's why it should be a 8 team playoff. Too much SEC bias even when their conference as a whole had a down year with quality teams.
I mentioned Penn State already in a previous post. Lol
(This is in response to your Sam Kinison video.)

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The sec is the hardest conference to play in they have the biggest players the fastest players that is why they are so dominant

This particular year the SEC, as a whole, was way down. Florida, Tennessee, Mississippi, A&M, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, MSU, Kentucky, Missouri, and South Carolina weren't good football teams this year. The best team, arguably, Georgia, got blown out by a two loss Auburn team.
Alabama didn't even play the best team in the SEC this year.

The fact that Georgia, College Playoff bound, got beat by a stout Auburn team actually proves the opposite. It proves just how deep the SEC is, not it's weakness.

Paul Finebaum yesterday ....
“If Wisconsin would have found a way to win, it would have been criminal to put them in,” Finebaum said. “Listen, call me whatever you want, but Wisconsin would be lucky to be the fourth-best team in the SEC. They certainly wouldn’t be in the top 3.”

Where is this evidence of how strong the BIG10 is?
2015 College Football Playoff Big10 team: Bama 38 MSU ZERO
2016 College Football Playoff Big10 team: Clemson 31 OSU ZERO

Since 2000 Football champs by conference:
SEC: 9
ACC: 2
BIG12: 2
BIG10: 2
PAC12: 2
BIG EAST: 1

On the National scale if you look at college football geographically, like I do, you could roll the SEC, ACC & BIG EAST championships together. The southeast has won a National Championship in 12 out of the last 17 yrs.

Face it, it's a different game now. The days of NE, MI & ND running roughshod all over everybody are over. TX & FL are 2 of the most talented recruiting grounds. Ya think those kids wanna go play in the freezing weather ... nope! Nationally televised games have changed the landscape forever. It's not SEC bias .... it's fact!

Conveniently left out, only two years ago, was Ohio State's victory over Alabama in the playoff. Lol

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Keep ducking the question? Long term memory loss? Ahh, you just started watching college football last month? Yep, that's understandable.

You still haven't answered: What was Alabama's signature win this year?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The sec is the hardest conference to play in they have the biggest players the fastest players that is why they are so dominant

This particular year the SEC, as a whole, was way down. Florida, Tennessee, Mississippi, A&M, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, MSU, Kentucky, Missouri, and South Carolina weren't good football teams this year. The best team, arguably, Georgia, got blown out by a two loss Auburn team.

The fact that Georgia, College Playoff bound, got beat by a stout Auburn team actually proves the opposite. It proves just how deep the SEC is, not it's weakness.

“If Wisconsin would have found a way to win, it would have been criminal to put them in,” Finebaum said. “Listen, call me whatever you want, but Wisconsin would be lucky to be the fourth-best team in the SEC. They certainly wouldn’t be in the top 3.”

On the National scale if you look at college football geographically, like I do, you could roll the SEC, ACC & BIG EAST championships together. The southeast has won a National Championship in 12 out of the last 17 yrs.

Face it, it's a different game now. The days of NE, MI & ND running roughshod all over everybody are over. TX & FL are 2 of the most talented recruiting grounds. Ya think those kids wanna go play in the freezing weather ... nope! Nationally televised games have changed the landscape forever. It's not SEC bias .... it's fact!

Paul Finebaum? Lol. No SEC bias there.:rolleyes:

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Like all conferences, SEC schedules have a rotation built into them. Idk what the SEC rotation is.
11-1 in the SEC is stout anyway you slice it!

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Conveniently left out, only two years ago, was Ohio State's victory over Alabama in the playoff. Lol

Yeah ... ok .... Urban caught lightning in a bottle 2 years ago .... OSU 42 Bama 35

That's your evidence of how strong the BIG10 is? The BIG10 hasn't scored a single point in the last 2 semi finals!
Since 2000 the BIG10 has 1 more National Championship than .... wait for it! ..... the Big East! Oh, that conference hasn't existed since 2013. In the years between 2000-2013 the BIG10 & the Big East had exactly the same number of National Championships: ONE

And don't look now ... Chip Kelly is bringing his high octane offense to southern Cali. Where do you think his most talented recruits came from when he was at OR? You don't think he'll be taking 1 of those 4 spots in a couple of years with UCLA? Only 4 spots ..... what are BIG10 fans gonna do ...?

muttly you're starting to look like a dinosaur ....

Crack open a cold one this weekend & watch Rudy, maybe it'll make ya feel better ...

Enjoy watching the Rose Bowl ... I normally do ....

Last edited:

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Who thinks it will ga vs bama for the national championship I do

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Like all conferences, SEC schedules have a rotation built into them. Idk what the SEC rotation is.
11-1 in the SEC is stout anyway you slice it!
That's my point about all of this. This year
Alabama didn't earn a spot. They didn't play or win against the top teams in the conference: Auburn and Georgia. They won most of their games against bad teams in the SEC and their non conference schedule. Yes, FSU wasn't a good team this year.
No signature wins against a quality opponent, they lost against the only top 10 team and didn't play or win their conference championship. This year they didn't earn it. It was given to them as an early Christmas gift.

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think ga has it Kirby has been a blessing to the ga team but don’t get me wrong I think Mark richt is a damn good coach

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Alabama didn't earn a spot. They didn't play or win against the top teams in the conference: Auburn and Georgia. They won most of their games against bad teams in the SEC and their non conference schedule. Yes, FSU wasn't a good team this year.
No signature wins against a quality opponent, they lost against the only top 10 team and didn't play or win their conference championship. This year they didn't earn it. It was given to them as an early Christmas gift.
The SEC is deeper than any conference in the country!
Stick around ... we'll teach you a few things about college football.

Reactions: ucfd608

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The SEC is deeper than any conference in the country!
Stick around ... we'll teach you a few things about college football.

Not this year. Too many bad teams.
BTW, Michigan trucked 10-3 (7-1 in the SEC) Florida 41-7 two years ago.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Well, being a Saban understudy speaks volumes. Kiffin may still be an azz but he is a much better football coach after Saban.

I was living in Huntsville AL (openly VOL) when Saban came on the scene. I looked at him as a has been college coach and a failed pro coach was not going to pull Bama out of the downward spiral and revolving door of coaches (sound familiar). I was wrong! He rebuilt the team on day one. He got in their heads and kept them focused and most of all he kept his coaching staff focused to his vision. Players left it all on the field and just a tap on the pads from the normally stoic Saban was all they needed to go back and try harder. Like a dog leaping higher for a Milkbone, or OVM chopping more wood for a hot dog. Their are others as good, Richt & Sweeny come to mind. Anyhow, I like the choice. I'm going to call the UT Chancellor's office a let then know it's OK to proceed.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I love reading about azzbags that get a full ride to college to play football then refuse to play in their final bowl game because they don't want to risk getting hurt before the draft.

DISPATCH: Driver, you picked up a load yesterday in NJ heading to Laredo. It's only been 14 hrs and you put yourself back in service in Indianapolis?

DRIVER: I thought about it and decided that Laredo is too risky and freight is too cheap coming back.

DISPATCH: But, what about the freight you had on board?

DRIVER: oh, I kicked it to the curb. I used it to get me out of Jersey but I'm in a better place now and why risk it?

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I love reading about azzbags that get a full ride to college to play football then refuse to play in their final bowl game because they don't want to risk getting hurt before the draft.

DISPATCH: Driver, you picked up a load yesterday in NJ heading to Laredo. It's only been 14 hrs and you put yourself back in service in Indianapolis?

DRIVER: I thought about it and decided that Laredo is too risky and freight is too cheap coming back.

DISPATCH: But, what about the freight you had on board?

DRIVER: oh, I kicked it to the curb. I used it to get me out of Jersey but I'm in a better place now and why risk it?

Perhaps if you had a few million dollars riding on that decision ... ya might make a different decision.
Especially if it's not a Playoff Bowl game ...
Just sayin' .....