The Boys Of Autumn Have Arrived

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I hope Bama gets in just so they're will be so much chaos that they'll expand playoff a bit.
A few more worthy teams deserve a shot at the playoff. The Pros have something like 12 teams get in with about a quarter of the amount of teams.
Yep, stick to watching the pros.
The nuances of college football won't get you confused.

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I hope Bama gets in just so they're will be so much chaos that they'll expand playoff a bit.
A few more worthy teams deserve a shot at the playoff. The Pros have something like 12 teams get in with about a quarter of the amount of teams.
Yep, stick to watching the pros.
The subtle nuances of college football won't get you confused.

Not confused in the least. College Football is a business. Puting Bama in there was a bu$ine$$ decision.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not confused in the least. College Football is a business. Puting Bama in there was a bu$ine$$ decision.
No, it really wasn't. The much stronger argument is that putting a team from the Big10 in is a better business decision. If the choice was between UCF, which went undefeated, and Bama ... then yeah business decision to put in Bama. But that's not the case here.

There is no financial difference between OSU & Bama. They are both perennial playoff BIG time programs. Saban & Urban are the 2 best coaches in college football ... no one can argue that.

They both draw.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No, it really wasn't. The much stronger argument is that putting a team from the Big10 in is a better business decision. If the choice was between UCF, which went undefeated, and Bama ... then yeah business decision to put in Bama. But that's not the case here.

There is no financial difference between OSU & Bama. They are both perennial playoff BIG time programs. Saban & Urban are the 2 best coaches in college football ... no one can argue that.

They both draw.

I think Bama is a bigger draw than Ohio State.

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They designed the committee to keep the sec from having two teams in the championship an low an behold ga an bama are in the playoffs an I don’t think Clemson or Oklahoma will beat either one so more than likely ga an bama will be in the national championship I mean the sec is the top conference in college playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't ranked the teams. Supposed people who know college football do.
What signature win did Alabama have? No, not Mercer.
BTW, Alabama is IN the playoff. Conference championships mean NOTHING.

Who won the Big10 Championship last year?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't ranked the teams. Supposed people who know college football do.
What signature win did Alabama have? No, not Mercer.
BTW, Alabama is IN the playoff. Conference championships mean NOTHING.

Georgia got blown out by a two loss Auburn team by 23 points, but are in the the playoffs.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Georgia got blown out by a two loss Auburn team by 23 points, but are in the the playoffs.
Georgia has 1 loss & won the SEC Championship. Auburn was ranked #7 at the time. That's their only loss! Georgia has earned that spot.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Georgia has 1 loss & won the SEC Championship. Auburn was ranked #7 at the time. That's their only loss! Georgia has earned that spot.

They lost by TWENTY THREE POINTS to a two loss team. Lol.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Again, your inexperience understanding college football is on display.

Keep ducking the question? Long term memory loss? Ahh, you just started watching college football last month? Yep, that's understandable.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Again, your inexperience understanding college football is on display.

Keep ducking the question? Long term memory loss? Ahh, you just started watching college football last month? Yep, that's understandable.

Conference championships should mean something.( Not just for the SEC)Whether it's Penn State last year or Ohio State this year. Winning a Power 5 conference championship should trump teams that can't even make it to the game. That's why it should be a 8 team playoff. Too much SEC bias even when their conference as a whole had a down year with quality teams.

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The sec is the hardest conference to play in they have the biggest players the fastest players that is why they are so dominant

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The sec is the hardest conference to play in they have the biggest players the fastest players that is why they are so dominant

This particular year the SEC, as a whole, was way down. Florida, Tennessee, Mississippi, A&M, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, MSU, Kentucky, Missouri, and South Carolina weren't good football teams this year. The best team, arguably, Georgia, got blown out by a two loss Auburn team.
Alabama didn't even play the best team in the SEC this year.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

This particular year the SEC, as a whole, was way down. Florida, Tennessee, Mississippi, A&M, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, MSU, Kentucky, Missouri, and South Carolina weren't good football teams this year. The best team, arguably, Georgia, got blown out by a two loss Auburn team.
Alabama didn't even play the best team in the SEC this year.

The fact that Georgia, College Playoff bound, got beat by a stout Auburn team actually proves the opposite. It proves just how deep the SEC is, not it's weakness.

Paul Finebaum yesterday ....
“If Wisconsin would have found a way to win, it would have been criminal to put them in,” Finebaum said. “Listen, call me whatever you want, but Wisconsin would be lucky to be the fourth-best team in the SEC. They certainly wouldn’t be in the top 3.”

Where is this evidence of how strong the BIG10 is?
2015 College Football Playoff Big10 team: Bama 38 MSU ZERO
2016 College Football Playoff Big10 team: Clemson 31 OSU ZERO

Since 2000 Football champs by conference:
SEC: 9
ACC: 2
BIG12: 2
BIG10: 2
PAC12: 2
BIG EAST: 1

On the National scale if you look at college football geographically, like I do, you could roll the SEC, ACC & BIG EAST championships together. The southeast has won a National Championship in 12 out of the last 17 yrs.

Face it, it's a different game now. The days of NE, MI & ND running roughshod all over everybody are over. TX & FL are 2 of the most talented recruiting grounds. Ya think those kids wanna go play in the freezing weather ... nope! Nationally televised games have changed the landscape forever. It's not SEC bias .... it's fact!

Last edited:

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Conference championships should mean something.( Not just for the SEC)Whether it's Penn State last year or Ohio State this year. Winning a Power 5 conference championship should trump teams that can't even make it to the game. That's why it should be a 8 team playoff. Too much SEC bias even when their conference as a whole had a down year with quality teams.

College Football is the most difficult post season to get into. WE like it like that! Pro football allows more teams into the playoffs in a larger format. Good for them. If that's what you want, go watch pro football. Expanding the playoff ... making it easier to get in ... will not make it more compelling. It'll water it down. 5 Power Conferences & 4 spots to the playoff mean that only THE BEST teams will get in. The top 1% of 1% .... no participation trophies here!!!!!!!
Allowing in the top 5 of each conference & 3 at large bids is the easy, lazy, uncompetitive way to look at this. Which are the 4 best teams? If your particular team or conference isn't good enough .... get better!

Also, playing more games is a safety issue. How many flippin games do you want these guys to subject their bodies to? Do more games mean more quality games? I don't think so. Keep it at 4 teams & drop all of the ridiculous bowl games. The playoff & like 4-6 quality bowl games would be nice ...