the **** advertising tab

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
The advertising tab at the bottom of the page interferes with the photo viewer function. Even when the bar is "hidden" it makes any clickable function in that space unclickable, so it is not possible to scoll through a set of pictures with the previous and next buttons.

eb

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
I have noticed the same thing at times. A solution (in my case at least) is to reduce the size of your webpage viewer so that it is farther away from that area.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
IF posters would reduce the size of thier pics alittle it would help as well.....maybe if we had a maximum limit to the pixels so people could not overwhelm the screen

charlies1gal

Seasoned Expediter
It also makes it very hard to read & comment on our smart phones!!!! What happened to just having sidebar advertising?????

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is VERY annoying and should be removed until such time as it only affects the space it occupies and not across the entire screen. If it can't be programmed to leave the rest of the screen alone it needs to be permanently removed.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I still think limiting picture sizes is the way to go....just like the avatar limitations.......some post REAL big pics that make navigation darn near impossible to post...

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I still think limiting picture sizes is the way to go....just like the avatar limitations.......some post REAL big pics that make navigation darn near impossible to post...

I'm just jealous, because I don't know how to post pictures:rolleyes:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

When they post extra large pics it does mess up the forum but it I only see large pics maybe once a month so I don't think it has much affect on the op's statement.

I just appreciate the fact EO provides us a free playground and can deal with the little inconveniences.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
neither do I....:eek:

When you click on 'reply', look below the square for typing, for the red tab/bar that says 'manage attachments'. Click on it, a separate small window pops up with choices. If the photo is on your computer, click on 'browse' [there are several of them for multiple photos]. Find the photo ['my pictures', 'my documents', wherever it is in the hard drive], right click on it to 'select', click on 'upload attachment' and when it's done, the URL appears and you close the window or repeat for more photos.
Then you can type whatever comment as usual in the box.
I'm sure there are other ways, but this one is simple.

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
The advertising tab at the bottom of the page interferes with the photo viewer function. Even when the bar is "hidden" it makes any clickable function in that space unclickable, so it is not possible to scoll through a set of pictures with the previous and next buttons.

I've complained about the same thing and get lame posts about it.

I agree on the annoying aspect for us but I guess we're here free, they're paying for that. :confused::D

Excuse me for saying this but EO's advertising revenue directly depends on us, not we depend on them. The way it works is simple - the more popular the site is, the more ad space they can sell, the more hits that the site gets, the more they can raise the price and the more times those ads are viewed the more space they have to sell more.

Without us, EO is worthless.

It is VERY annoying and should be removed until such time as it only affects the space it occupies and not across the entire screen. If it can't be programmed to leave the rest of the screen alone it needs to be permanently removed.

Leo, thanks for that but it is all the way across the screen because of how it works. The banner takes up space and can be programmed to just disappear. My criticism is simple, for those like you and I, we should not get those ads because we are members but I know why we do (see above).

I just appreciate the fact EO provides us a free playground and can deal with the little inconveniences.

It's not an inconvenience, it is a poor visitor experience. I can't move from one picture to another because of it so it forces me to limit my activity here - which I know a lot of you are glad I do - and makes my experience less than desirable at times.

A good site is about the visitor's experience.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
I understand the need for paying the bills. At the same time it's counter productive, because I know I'm not the only one who refuses to patronize poorly presented sponsors. And a sponsor shouldn't want to be associated with a poor presentation of their wares. We the user are the customers. Perhaps unruly customers at times, but customers none the less.

And as I contemplate clicking on the "submit reply" button it occurrs to me that the button, though visible, is in the dead zone of the ad tab.....

eb

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Greg I understand all the advertising and us buying etc, etc. The only difference is they don't need a forum to make it a successful site. :cool:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm not getting involved in this. I'll just sit here munching on my cookies. :D