Thanks to Espar being stopped on WV turnpike was pleasant.

ACE

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
We were stuck on the I77 West Virginia Turnpike Mile marker 66 during the storm for 12 hours before we left to go back north to Charelston. The Espar made it pleasant and we did not worry about consuming fuel. Having a 4x4 van made traveling a little easier also when we headed back. Sat in Charleston another 12 hours and started back south before they opened the turnpike so we could beat the rush. This is another time that the Espar proved to be a great item to have in a van.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah. I broke down last year in Alberta as the temperatures were rapidly approaching -30 and beyond. I was almost sad when the tow truck arrived 6 hours later, which meant I had to put on my coat and get outside.

Benzoid

Seasoned Expediter
... Having a 4x4 van made traveling a little easier also ...

Not to HiJack the thread, but what kind of 4x4 van do you have? I live up in snow country (Traverse City Michigan) and could use such a thing. GM only makes them in 1/2 ton and quigley is (or maybe isn't) too expensive.

Just wondering :)

Oh yeah, Congrats on the nice heater. That does make things nicer!

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Traverse City has that much snow?

Wow I would think that if people could get around in Han****, then Traverse City wouldn't be a problem:D

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was set to get an Espar and the day I was to head up there my daughter was put in the hospital for dehydration from an intense stomach bug in her city. I headed toward home to go to her so I'm still waiting to get up there for mine. It's good to hear another positive report although after so many it's not surprising. Congrats on surviving well.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
I was set to get an Espar and the day I was to head up there my daughter was put in the hospital for dehydration from an intense stomach bug in her city. I headed toward home to go to her so I'm still waiting to get up there for mine. It's good to hear another positive report although after so many it's not surprising. Congrats on surviving well.

Sorry to hear about your daughter Leo, hope everything turns out okay.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thank you. I should have added she was released the next day after several bags of IV fluids and some meds for the bug. She's a few pounds lighter but otherwise none the worse for wear. Not a suggested diet method.

ACE

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
It is E350 with a Quigley 4x4.
Well worth the money. Quality product and Company.
Just like Espar and Ray in MI.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I spent 19 hours stranded on that stretch of WV pike a few years back. I see WV still doesn`t have a clue how to handle the elements.