Thanks Congress...

ratwell71

Veteran Expediter
What a bunch of BS! Congress being influenced by "greens" is the least of our worries.

This site is full of bashers. If you are not bashing environmentalist you turn to bashing each other.

Your credibility dwindles with each smear.

You do not want to hear the truth. When others suggest getting away from oil you turn to opinions as a basis for an argument against the suggestions being offered.

Anyone with critical thinking skills left on this site? How about come up with a solution to the oil crisis rather than b--ch and moan about it?

This post and others on oil is just beating a dead horse. If you are not willing to get from behind your computers long enough to educate yourselves and do something for your country then stop whining.

I took some time off and I come back to other's posting that I am a racist and that I don't know what I am talking about. Geez. How many books does a person need to throw at you in order for you to understand or comprehend the subject being talked about. My, my, my, someone needs to be slugged with a knowledge stick.

I find people that wait for someone to stop posting to criticize them as ignorant. I also think it is childish to complain about a political email being sent, but what can one expect from someone that thinks he/she knows what is truly going on.

I can never understand why it is that people on here assume to know who they are talking to.

Here are some facts to know about me:

I am related to Obama, Cheney, and Bush. Am I proud of this? Hell no.

Can I prove this? Yes sir.

Am I a driver? Yes.

Am I educated? Yes.

Do I have anything to prove to any of you? Hell no. I owe noone nothing.

Why am I telling you all this? So you can stop making assumptions.

Do I have Jew in my family? Yes.

Am I a Christian? Yes, although I have lots of faults, but we all do.

Can I admit when I am wrong? Yes.

Am I a racist? Hell no. I love all people.

Am I against Zionism and Communism? Yes.

Am I against big government? Yes

Am I against the political parties? Yes

What is it that I am trying to accomplish by posting books, sites, videos, etc.? That not everything that you see on TV and read in glossed over books is real or true.

What do I do on my off time? I am an activist. I shop at antique stores. I walk instead of drive., etc.

I have done enough research to write a book, am I doing this? Yes.

Have I learned anything but opinions on here? Some, but mostly opinions.

Did I serve during the Gulf War? Yes.

Did I have to fight my own gov't to get my benefits after I was out? Hell yes, for two years.

Am I aware that our gov't used uranium in Iraq? Hell yes.

Have I held many death certificates in my hand of fallen soldiers? Yes.

My responsibility in the military was to update the database.

Did I lose my dad to agent orange? Yes. He was only 61.

My dad was an operative and did two tours in Vietnam.

What do I think overall of this site? The articles written on the home page are informational, however, I think that there are a few on here that run others off this site. I won't name names, but these individuals monopolize this site and they feel they are the only ones with the rights that our great Constitution gives to all which is the freedom of speech.

Do I care what others say about Bush, Obama, McCain, etc.? Hell no. Just back up your statements with real facts.

Here is a biggie, I am a woman, however, Rob has commented from time to time.

Now if any of you like to comment instead of criticize please feel free to be an adult.

If you want to know more just let me know. I feel this covers most so that you can stop assuming. When you know a little bit about someone I think you can understand their views. So here it is for all you bashers, go at it.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Ratwell,
What can I say, this is a good post to reply to on a Friday night drinking my good German bier and listening to the beeb.

What a bunch of BS! Congress being influenced by "greens" is the least of our worries.

This site is full of bashers. If you are not bashing environmentalist you turn to bashing each other.

Your credibility dwindles with each smear.

You do not want to hear the truth. When others suggest getting away from oil you turn to opinions as a basis for an argument against the suggestions being offered.

Anyone with critical thinking skills left on this site? How about come up with a solution to the oil crisis rather than b--ch and moan about it?

Wow

Of course congress is run by the environmentalist, look at the laws that restrict our lives. Don’t be displaced by these things; the congress is not worried about the constituents but the groups that represent special interest. Too funny you don’t see this or the fact that their influence as misplaced as it is, is dangerous to you and I by the mere fact that environmental issues circumvent the foundation of the constitution by undermining our property rights and our right to address grievances among others. We lost the right of proper due process under some of these laws. I am not going to state cases or give examples; I will just say this is not opinion but fact.

No I am not bashing environmentalist, I am bashing ignorance. The difference is that a real environmentalist practices their beliefs; the one that comes to mind is Ed Begley Jr. It seems that he is taking it serious enough to change his lifestyle and all the others are just like ALGORE – hypocrites. I am also against environmental reactivism where everything is bad and every solution is bad.

What smears? Prove that they are not facts.

Of course I want to hear the truth but where do you think that will come from? Youtube? I think I depend too much on my sources, many are liberal but honest. As for oil, you don’t read what I say. Here it is again, read carefully – in order for us to get off of our dependency of oil, we must first find solutions for our present situation and stabilize our economy. During the late ‘60s and most of the 70’s when we have environmental concerns and energy shortages, we also have an economy that adsorbed a lot of the cost of the changes that were forced on us. Today we can’t afford the cost unless we have a stable economy. The solutions being suggested do nothing to stabilize the economy first and most are too far reaching to help the situation to get us off of oil in the next 50 years. I base that comment on what I am told by the economist at U of M and others who are in the know AND what I learned about our economy from a little department in Washington.

Critical thinking or are you looking for emotional thinking? I have said the solution is simply to get government out of the oil business, nothing else can really be done other than that. Until that happens and the shackles that government has put on the DOMESTIC oil companies, we will always have a serious problem with energy.

This post and others on oil is just beating a dead horse. If you are not willing to get from behind your computers long enough to educate yourselves and do something for your country then stop whining.

I took some time off and I come back to other's posting that I am a racist and that I don't know what I am talking about. Geez. How many books does a person need to throw at you in order for you to understand or comprehend the subject being talked about. My, my, my, someone needs to be slugged with a knowledge stick.

Oh yea, here we sit behind the computer without the knowledge of the world - give me a break. I don’t often put up links to un-confirmable sources, like now this thread was by a credible source. But really who cares anyway, you seem to be digging things up on youtube and other places that many of us discount as made up or twisted to conform to someone’s agenda. Some of us understand how to disseminate information and dig a bit deeper to find facts that are not on youtube.

Oh do something for my country? Well I am. I am telling people what I see is wrong. I am trying to convince others that even though you don’t agree with me, don’t fall for the BS – think for yourself. It seems a lot of people are not willing to take the time to engage people, strangers on subjects that they don’t like to talk about.

Maybe I should start throwing books from my library at you. I posted a few here and there; did you go out and buy them to read? Did you ever bother to look at what I am saying and ask me where I got the information or how to find it? Geez….

I find people that wait for someone to stop posting to criticize them as ignorant. I also think it is childish to complain about a political email being sent, but what can one expect from someone that thinks he/she knows what is truly going on.

I can never understand why it is that people on here assume to know who they are talking to.

I don’t criticize people because they are ignorant; I criticize them because they can’t seem to think for themselves and refuse to see any other point of view. When you post a hundred links about different subjects without interjecting something about it from your point of view it shows you are not serious about engaging people in the forum. Ignorance is defined as lack of knowledge or education about a subject and to fight ignorance, engagement is the only means we have in a forum.

I don’t find it childish, it is to some an invasion of privacy like if I was to track you down and call you to throw my ideology at you. Unsolicited emails are rude and improper netiquette and in order for someone to be taken seriously, it should be fought against.

The forum is an anonymous place, there are no peers here to have a peer review, and we are given the chance to post things at face value, not the have a CV posted on our personal page. If this was a requirement, it would stifle the exchange and take away from the fact that forums are not a place for facts and figures but of opinion more often than not.

Here are some facts to know about me:

I am related to Obama, Cheney, and Bush. Am I proud of this? Hell no.

Can I prove this? Yes sir.

Am I a driver? Yes.

Am I educated? Yes.

Do I have anything to prove to any of you? Hell no. I owe noone nothing.

Why am I telling you all this? So you can stop making assumptions.

So do hundreds of other people.

It don’t matter if you can.

I am a driver too, congrats – drive safely please.

I am too, I was told last week I have almost enough credits to get into a doctorate program but U of M still won’t admit me but Oxford will – go figure.

I don’t either, so let’s not prove to each other anything.

Honestly it shows a bit of insecurity and anger – two traits you don’t need but that is my opinion.

Do I have Jew in my family? Yes.

Am I a Christian? Yes, although I have lots of faults, but we all do.

Can I admit when I am wrong? Yes.

Am I a racist? Hell no. I love all people.

Am I against Zionism and Communism? Yes.

Am I against big government? Yes

Am I against the political parties? Yes

I also have a lot of Jews in my family, also Masons, also blacks and also Swedes oh let’s not forget about them Canadians but I’m not trying to make a point.

Sort of so am I but I don’t prescribe to the Jesus loves you or you got to forgive people, I fall on the side of fire and brimstone with little forgiveness.

Everyone is a racist, we are human. IT means that we cling to people who make us comfortable, and fear people we are not acclimated to. Much of this has to do with the differences we perceive about people, be it a disability or the color of their skin. It also is a real truth with the new definition of racism, the everyday words being used that have no bearing on race or even gender has now new meanings and offended people without real justification – the thought police are here. Like it or not, we are in a new era of politics, the politics of redefinition.

Well I don’t know about Zionism, I only spent a year or so studying it but communism, I spent a lot of time on it. How many real communist do you actually know? I don’t mean the kid’s in the hall communist but the real thing, the ones who sold their family out of for the party?

I too am against big government, I like to return to a better time before Wilson.

Well I see a purpose for a party but that’s a long post.

What is it that I am trying to accomplish by posting books, sites, videos, etc.? That not everything that you see on TV and read in glossed over books is real or true.

What do I do on my off time? I am an activist. I shop at antique stores. I walk instead of drive., etc.

I have done enough research to write a book, am I doing this? Yes.

Have I learned anything but opinions on here? Some, but mostly opinions.

Did I serve during the Gulf War? Yes.

Did I have to fight my own gov't to get my benefits after I was out? Hell yes, for two years.

Am I aware that our gov't used uranium in Iraq? Hell yes.

Have I held many death certificates in my hand of fallen soldiers? Yes.

So am I, did you look at anything I posted? Did you go out and buy the Forgotten Man? I know from my experience at one of the TV stations how the news is made to order and not a lot of real facts get into it – at age 16.

Everyone is an activist. I can’t afford antiques and I am limited walking thanks to the d*mn French and their need to screw every American that lands on their soil.

I too have done a lot of research but I also wrote a book.. ah two books and training material – the subject is disaster recovery and business continuity.

I have learned a lot here, yes it is about opinions but also there is a lot of fact about how people think, what they think and especially why they think – nothing wrong with any of that.

I didn’t but I did serve as support in SC – something I don’t talk about for a lot of reasons.

I didn’t have to fight for my benefits but I went to bat for a bunch of Navy people who were screwed out of retirement. This was the start of my being a pain at Levin’s office. I would have done the same for you too.

I know about a lot of things that ain’t right in the military that is not public knowledge.

My responsibility in the military was to update the database.

Did I lose my dad to agent orange? Yes. He was only 61.

My dad was an operative and did two tours in Vietnam.

Everyone has a part.

I am sorry for your lose.

My father was too old to serve in Vietnam, he did the Korean bit. He was drafted, shot at, almost froze to death and then transferred to Germany to be shot at, almost blown up by some Pro-Nazi group and then ended up with the French who almost sent him with a contingent of Nato to French Indochina. I know this has little to do with the horrors of Vietnam.

What do I think overall of this site? The articles written on the home page are informational, however, I think that there are a few on here that run others off this site. I won't name names, but these individuals monopolize this site and they feel they are the only ones with the rights that our great Constitution gives to all which is the freedom of speech.

Do I care what others say about Bush, Obama, McCain, etc.? Hell no. Just back up your statements with real facts.

Here is a biggie, I am a woman, however, Rob has commented from time to time.

Now if any of you like to comment instead of criticize please feel free to be an adult.

Yea I see that some will say I am the one running everyone off the site but maybe I don’t really do that myself? Maybe it is people don’t want to bother replying or say something intelligent. Some get too emotional and others think they have to replay.

I don’t I am the only one to reply, I just have a lot of time on my hands, especially lately with my doctor telling me I am off the road until my tests come back so what am I supposed to do? I welcome people to comment I look for replies so not to go nuts doing this other stuff so I look like I am always there but I am not. Honestly I am trying to figure out why my posts are so high and I am thinking that someone made a mistake in the upgrade.

You should listen; it helps to understand the candidate by what others say. I don’t like Obama, I compare him to Lenin (actually Zinoviev) through his rhetoric. Too much sounds like a Marxist, too much and hearing the horrors of people who escaped the soviet union first hand, it scares me.

Oh wow, so is my wife. The confusion is you never have a signature line.

I am and I am taking my time doing so.

If you want to know more just let me know. I feel this covers most so that you can stop assuming. When you know a little bit about someone I think you can understand their views. So here it is for all you bashers, go at it.

Well thanks, you shouldn’t have…. I only assume when people make it a point not to talk about themselves.

ratwell71

Veteran Expediter
Calling someone a racist is a smear. I don't have to prove something that I did not do. You did so you have to prove that I am a racist. "Stop crying Greg."

And I do not have to defend my life. Our lives shape our views. If you cannot grasp this simple concept then I cannot help you. Noone can.

Read and stop watching your boob tube. Your knowledge is lacking and I don't have time to review all of your post to do this. You are not a writer. You never served. You do not have a degree. You have no credibility. You repeat things that you hear on TV or read out of glossed over books. It is evident in your writings that you cannot back up anything you say with pure facts. I take that back because there are some facts thrown in there, however, you are basing and bashing people on here based on opinion and that is just wrong.

You are not an educator so why do you feel the need to pick apart other's comments? I still cannot understand that. Now if you were correcting something that is one thing, but you write just to be writing. Believe it or not it sounds like this to me: blah, blah, blah, etc.

You know why? Because you are childish. Why do I care that you are having some beers? Why even make such a stupid comment? Hope you are at home sitting in front of your computer because there is no way you can possibly be at a bar unless your computer is your side kick. I mean everytime I come out here it is always a select ignorant that feel the need to reply.

Do you feel you have to?

Do you feel that you are the only ones with rights?

Is this site yours exclusively?

I mean do you work?

I doubt it. Why? Because I can come out here at different times and behold you are on. Not getting too much exercise that way, are you? Hmmmm. Not getting too many political things done? I mean what is your purpose in life? I know, to bash other people and their beliefs. Seems like you are the biggest biggot out here.

I have never seen so many people in one place intolerant of other peoples' views. You don't want to learn. You want the status quo.

Read something worth reading for once in your life:
The Official Website of Representative David Duke, PhD

Maybe just maybe we can have an intellectual conversation. I doubt it, but just maybe.

This site is for warmongers, and you don't even know why you are that way. What a shame to go through life so ignorant.

Greg, lastly, your words mean nothing to me. It would mean something if the words meant something other than negativity and opinionated BS. However, you still make so many assumptions. SAD.

Back your words for now on with facts and document what you say with proof. I would love to see a reference sheet at the end of your comments. Trust me, I would check each one.

Proceed to typing your negative opinions and make sure you swig your beer while typing.

How moronic!!!! This site has to be an impulsive habit for you or maybe your entire life is wrapped around the keyboard. LMAO

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Calling someone a racist is a smear. I don't have to prove something that I did not do. You did so you have to prove that I am a racist. "Stop crying Greg."

And I do not have to defend my life. Our lives shape our views. If you cannot grasp this simple concept then I cannot help you. Noone can.

Read and stop watching your boob tube. Your knowledge is lacking and I don't have time to review all of your post to do this. You are not a writer. You never served. You do not have a degree. You have no credibility. You repeat things that you hear on TV or read out of glossed over books. It is evident in your writings that you cannot back up anything you say with pure facts. I take that back because there are some facts thrown in there, however, you are basing and bashing people on here based on opinion and that is just wrong.

Well what can I say? You’re funny and maybe you need to learn to be more open and take in what others say.

To be honest, I don’t expect you to defend anything except the tripe you copy or links you posted. If you can not be more fruitfully engaged than this, well what can I say? I read what you post but the thing is, and again being honest – I heard all of it all before and it gets to be boring after a while. Like the Mason’s thing, come on, DO YOU KNOW A MASON TO SEE IF THEY HAVE HORNS?

Oh yes I watch too much TV. I don’t have a TV in my truck, I tuned in on the BBC to watch Gordon Ramsey help out another restaurant and so on. Yep a lot of television there, I think the cats enjoy it more than I do. Well FYI, I finished another book today written by a liberal and I thought it was rather good, if you want to know which one you will have to read my review. Tomorrow I am off to visit a friend who doesn’t use the “You didn’t serve so you don’t count” BS with me but we have what I think are useful conversations. She by the way is not angry with going over to Iraq and defending our way of life. Repeat things I heard on TV? Which things did I repeat?

Yep, I am no writer, I only supported myself doing that for a little bit doing that, Yep, I never served but so didn’t most of the country. Yep I have no credibility… with you… but hey I am not as sharp as I was. Opps yep your anger is coming out by judging me…

You are not an educator so why do you feel the need to pick apart other's comments? I still cannot understand that. Now if you were correcting something that is one thing, but you write just to be writing. Believe it or not it sounds like this to me: blah, blah, blah, etc

Why? I don’t know either. I am trying to figure out why I can’t hold a conversation online with some people who think emotionally and only see conspiracies and threats to only them. I can converse with people in person, not as well as I used to but still have a good two way but online I meet people who are angry, who can’t think for themselves, who blame everyone else and who are closed minded – yep I think it is me.

You know why? Because you are childish. Why do I care that you are having some beers? Why even make such a stupid comment? Hope you are at home sitting in front of your computer because there is no way you can possibly be at a bar unless your computer is your side kick. I mean everytime I come out here it is always a select ignorant that feel the need to reply.

Do you feel you have to?

Do you feel that you are the only ones with rights?

Is this site yours exclusively?

I mean do you work?

I doubt it. Why? Because I can come out here at different times and behold you are on. Not getting too much exercise that way, are you? Hmmmm. Not getting too many political things done? I mean what is your purpose in life? I know, to bash other people and their beliefs. Seems like you are the biggest biggot out here.

No I am not childish, thank you very much. To meet me, maybe you would say differently but nope. If I was I would not try to help you understand my point of view, I would just say you’re an idiot (which I am not saying that) but you should understand.

Why did I mention what I was doing? Because you assume I am sitting here just looking for threads to post in. I in fact finished my bier, it is a German brand which I like and it sometimes leads to other comments about bier in general and I was listening to BBC 4.

Do I have to reply? Well no not really but it helps me be centered on other things because of the minuet distraction involved. I know you have no clue about that, but I am not going to explain it either.

No I don’t feel I am the only one with rights that is a rather stupid question when you think about it.

No it is not because if it was there would be a few things I would change. Outside of that… well never mind.

Yes I work. If you want a resume, I can post one but it’s not worth it to post because I am not applying for a job.

Assumptions are dangerous. I was taken off the road for medical reasons. I am not in the greatest shape and it all stems from what happened to me at my last place of employment and an accident I had in the mid 90’s. If you want the details, I can tell you them but you wouldn’t understand what real commitment is all about. I hope to return to the road Monday at the soonest but again it don’t matter you assume too much about my work and revenue generation.

I have two purposes in life, one is to help people and who and how I help I usually keep private. I talk about a few of them here, like the Vets I have been working with and like the project I am trying to pull together to help a Iraqi vet’s mother get employment so not to be put out on the street. The other is to teach people which I do actually have had a lot of success. If neither of them is acceptable, tell me what am I supposed to do then? What do you do by the way? Oh I will add this, it is not about money.

No I am not a bigot, I am not by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe you can consider me intolerant to ignorance and stupidity, which is part of the definition. Well anywho, I call it like it is, which is better than most. A lot of people are afraid of saying things are wrong, they don’t want to be tagged racist or a bigot. I am not one of them. I already seen bigotry where I used to work, some stuff you would get sick over other things you could never understand so don’t tag me with an assumption you make by just reading things without engaging me in the W’s. By the way some of the things you posted can be considered hateful and offensive; I think you need to examine yourself closely.

I have never seen so many people in one place intolerant of other peoples' views. You don't want to learn. You want the status quo.

Read something worth reading for once in your life:
The Official Website of Representative David Duke, PhD

Maybe just maybe we can have an intellectual conversation. I doubt it, but just maybe.

Really? Here is a bit of news for you. When I peruse the left wing sites, I never would have thought I could read so much hate speech as I have there. It was like reading a neo-Nazi site. Oh lets not forget the greenies sites I been to, oh my hate the president, hate the government, hate everyone. I read a lot of intolerant things on other sites that you seem to miss. Remember that there is a difference between passion and intolerance, many of the people here are passionate about our country, and about the sacrifices they and others have made and still have a lot of pride to speak up with their opinions whether you think they are right or wrong. Here if you are speaking with some intelligence and make a good point without the emotional garbage that drives people who seem to be liberals, than you have a good chance you will receive good replies. Don’t sell people short with your assumptions.

No you read something worth while - look at the book I mentioned. Find other sources of information and think for yourself – stop being an angry follower. Please.

This site is for warmongers, and you don't even know why you are that way. What a shame to go through life so ignorant.

Greg, lastly, your words mean nothing to me. It would mean something if the words meant something other than negativity and opinionated BS. However, you still make so many assumptions. SAD.

No you don’t get it. You are looking at things through one hell of a set of rose colored glasses to think that way. Read on.

Oh really, they must have because you wrote this retort.

See here is the thing; you have not gone far enough in life to look at things objectively. I know you will tell me that I don’t but that’s not true, just read your stuff.

Like your comments about hating communism, you absolutely fail to see what the differences are between Marxism, Leninism and Obamism. You depend on someone on You tube to decide for you that you are in danger with McCain but at the same time you can’t see the correlation between the three –isms I just wrote. Your emotion about war, about profiteers and all the other stuff clouded your thinking which is really the sad point when you think about it and by saying that you are against communism but than speak of McCain like you have shows some need to expand your horizons a bit. Read on.

In order for you to ‘check out’ my comments, you have to give up your position about the candidates and other things in general and be more open about facts and where they come from. It’s like a Zen thing, you give up one thing to gain more of another. I appreciate what you are giving me but really, you need to step away from the conspiracy cr*p and look at things from more than one source.

Back your words for now on with facts and document what you say with proof. I would love to see a reference sheet at the end of your comments. Trust me, I would check each one.

Proceed to typing your negative opinions and make sure you swig your beer while typing.

How moronic!!!! This site has to be an impulsive habit for you or maybe your entire life is wrapped around the keyboard. LMAO

See here is the thing, I don’t have to. I post things on one site about politics and that’s it. When I am asked to provide sources, I do generally but I also won’t when I feel it is done to ridicule me.

I am sorry that I post in the negative, but tell me how this really matters? I mean read what I post and look at the reasoning behind the post. Like when people make race an issue, isn’t that some how based on a bigoted position when you come down to it? I think so and to use race when we need to move forward is a despicable way to make political gains.

What I think is moronic you ain’t going to like – posting links without any material to show a point of view.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What I see is Ratwell posting mostly other people's words and ideas, or emotional rants based on thoughts that were not thought through, then taking personal potshots at those who do not agree. I have yet to see Ratwell engage in any truly intellectual, educated discourse about any subject.

When someone has no ammunition in a debate, meaning no true understanding of the issues, first they will come back with speudo facts that are nothing more than assumptions and beliefs that are portrayed as fact, and when that fails they tend to change the subject, go off on a tangent, or simply ignore the issue and resort to name calling and other personal attacks. It's also consistent to level charges, like someone is making assumptions, then berate them for doing so, and at the same time make even more assumptions while berating them for the very thing they are berating them for. The above post is loaded with both.

That's what I've seen here with ratwell.

"Proceed to typing your negative opinions and make sure you swig your beer while typing.

How moronic!!!! This site has to be an impulsive habit for you or maybe your entire life is wrapped around the keyboard. LMAO"

Even if true, an intelligent person would never make such an emotionally charged comment. It's fake bravado to puff up an ego that is lacking in character. It's a personal attack worded to make the author seem "above it all" and to demean someone else, and shows a total lack of respect for anyone who dares to question you in any way. The only way you're going to get respect is to give it, and you don't do that by calling people childish, tell them their knowledge is lacking merely because they don't agree with you, nor do you tell them they are the biggest bigot out there.

"I have never seen so many people in one place intolerant of other peoples' views."

This from someone who launches personal attacks on those who do not agree with them. Classic.

"Maybe just maybe we can have an intellectual conversation. I doubt it, but just maybe."

Another Classic. You are unable to engage in an intellectual conversation, or at least so far quite unwilling to do so, and you try to turn the tables to make it appear the other person is the one who cannot, or will not, engage intellectually. It's the classic irony of the unarmed opponent in a battle of wits.

And it'll also be classic when you get mad at me for pointing these things out.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Rantwell said..."I find people that wait for someone to stop posting to criticize them as ignorant. I also think it is childish to complain about a political email being sent, but what can one expect from someone that thinks he/she knows what is truly going on.

You got my email from another source you did not have MY permission to e-mail me...that's SPAM! So cease and desist or I'll report your activity!
And yet another D. Duke link? Once KKK always KKK!!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Turtle,

I know I fell for the trap, yep after years of doing this, I fell for it. But I can blame someone else for this, or at least try to blame someone else. I had someone on the phone egging me on, she was getting a kick out of all of it. She wanted me to tell Cheryl off by mentioning something about her service that was really insulting but I stopped short of that. I should know better dealing with this form of attack before but I thought I would give it a whirl to see if I could get something other than the put downs, insults and the same old rhetoric but it didn’t happen. At least it helped her (no not Cheryl) get through a bad night and made her laugh the process, it justifies the names and insults.

I think it is sad that Cheryl can’t see beyond the obvious and think many of us are uneducated buffoons who just saw all of this stuff for the first time. Come on I learned about the Zionist stuff a long time ago, my focus is on Fascism and all forms of Marxism.

I am truly getting worried at the amount of hate out there. I mean that is looks like a majority of true liberals have some serious deficiency in their lives and this leads them to anger, hatred, contempt, jealousy and a great number of negative behaviors that really shorten their lives. Many of them never got screwed over but seem to have a chemical imbalance that makes them think in a cloud like they have been screwed over all their lives – am I off with that observation?

Somewhere I read about how liberals are less happy, are more suicidal, give less (a fact I can confirm), more apt to be a loner, angry over trivial issues and so on. I wish I saved the article but I gave it away to a nurse it went into a lot of detail with all kinds of facts. I can add to that most must have a very short attention span because some of the one’s I actually talk to, like this girl Sherry, seems not to stay focused at all on any subject even the ones she is passionate about.

Who knows?

I only know that I did three things tonight, I agitated Cheryl, I helped a vet and I finished editing my recipe booklet. Oh and I finished off two bottles of Herrnbräu Kristall-weizen.

Too funny……

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've done the same thing, mostly to alleviate boredom. It works, too. :)

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Getting back to the oil thing. I really don't know what we should do. I personally think these economic stimuli checks should have been taken and used for a better long term solution. Like getting more refineries on line and doing their thing.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Getting back to the oil thing. I really don't know what we should do. I personally think these economic stimuli checks should have been taken and used for a better long term solution. Like getting more refineries on line and doing their thing.

Ark,
The issue at hand is why are we ashamed of exploiting our natural resources but other countries are not. The real source of the problem is what makes people like the left and the people in congress think that they are the ones who should make a decision.

What we should do is what I have said, Drill and have some leadership. The drilling part is a no brainer, the leadership is.

We are a truly leaderless country - from the president to congress to the courts - I don't see one person who will stand up and tell it like it is at the same time not fearing political backlash.

Now what is meant by leadership is to stand firm on issues, like drilling off the coast of California and Florida, the last time I looked they were federal waters, not states waters and this comes down to the constitution. The other thing is to remove the right to sue over environmental issues, a right that is afforded to these groups and led us down a bad road. If the president chose tomorrow to drill, he writes executive order X saying;

• Deeming it a national emergency
  • that the federal courts can't take cases involving drilling or environmental issues (which is constitutional but also needs Congress's agreement)
  • the epa and the states can not interfering with the building of refineries circumventing issues of environmental quality or they lose all federal funding across the board
  • shifting research to alternative sources of standard fuels (gas and diesel)
Thats it, four things and thats it. but he won't do it. He wants to play the nice guy who wants to get along with all the children in the neighborhood and it really is disgusting.

For those who keep harping on the stupid idea that Bush is an oil man and all that rot, he surely does not move to help his oil buddies out.

ratwell71

Veteran Expediter
well what can i say? You’re funny and maybe you need to learn to be more open and take in what others say.

To be honest, i don’t expect you to defend anything except the tripe you copy or links you posted. If you can not be more fruitfully engaged than this, well what can i say? I read what you post but the thing is, and again being honest – i heard all of it all before and it gets to be boring after a while. Like the mason’s thing, come on, do you know a mason to see if they have horns?

Oh yes i watch too much tv. I don’t have a tv in my truck, i tuned in on the bbc to watch gordon ramsey help out another restaurant and so on. Yep a lot of television there, i think the cats enjoy it more than i do. Well fyi, i finished another book today written by a liberal and i thought it was rather good, if you want to know which one you will have to read my review. Tomorrow i am off to visit a friend who doesn’t use the “you didn’t serve so you don’t count” bs with me but we have what i think are useful conversations. She by the way is not angry with going over to iraq and defending our way of life. Repeat things i heard on tv? Which things did i repeat?

Yep, i am no writer, i only supported myself doing that for a little bit doing that, yep, i never served but so didn’t most of the country. Yep i have no credibility… with you… but hey i am not as sharp as i was. Opps yep your anger is coming out by judging me…

why? I don’t know either. I am trying to figure out why i can’t hold a conversation online with some people who think emotionally and only see conspiracies and threats to only them. I can converse with people in person, not as well as i used to but still have a good two way but online i meet people who are angry, who can’t think for themselves, who blame everyone else and who are closed minded – yep i think it is me.

No i am not childish, thank you very much. To meet me, maybe you would say differently but nope. If i was i would not try to help you understand my point of view, i would just say you’re an idiot (which i am not saying that) but you should understand.

Why did i mention what i was doing? Because you assume i am sitting here just looking for threads to post in. I in fact finished my bier, it is a german brand which i like and it sometimes leads to other comments about bier in general and i was listening to bbc 4.

Do i have to reply? Well no not really but it helps me be centered on other things because of the minuet distraction involved. I know you have no clue about that, but i am not going to explain it either.

No i don’t feel i am the only one with rights that is a rather stupid question when you think about it.

No it is not because if it was there would be a few things i would change. Outside of that… well never mind.

Yes i work. If you want a resume, i can post one but it’s not worth it to post because i am not applying for a job.

Assumptions are dangerous. I was taken off the road for medical reasons. I am not in the greatest shape and it all stems from what happened to me at my last place of employment and an accident i had in the mid 90’s. If you want the details, i can tell you them but you wouldn’t understand what real commitment is all about. I hope to return to the road monday at the soonest but again it don’t matter you assume too much about my work and revenue generation.

I have two purposes in life, one is to help people and who and how i help i usually keep private. I talk about a few of them here, like the vets i have been working with and like the project i am trying to pull together to help a iraqi vet’s mother get employment so not to be put out on the street. The other is to teach people which i do actually have had a lot of success. If neither of them is acceptable, tell me what am i supposed to do then? What do you do by the way? Oh i will add this, it is not about money.

No i am not a bigot, i am not by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe you can consider me intolerant to ignorance and stupidity, which is part of the definition. Well anywho, i call it like it is, which is better than most. A lot of people are afraid of saying things are wrong, they don’t want to be tagged racist or a bigot. I am not one of them. I already seen bigotry where i used to work, some stuff you would get sick over other things you could never understand so don’t tag me with an assumption you make by just reading things without engaging me in the w’s. By the way some of the things you posted can be considered hateful and offensive; i think you need to examine yourself closely.

Really? Here is a bit of news for you. When i peruse the left wing sites, i never would have thought i could read so much hate speech as i have there. It was like reading a neo-nazi site. Oh lets not forget the greenies sites i been to, oh my hate the president, hate the government, hate everyone. I read a lot of intolerant things on other sites that you seem to miss. Remember that there is a difference between passion and intolerance, many of the people here are passionate about our country, and about the sacrifices they and others have made and still have a lot of pride to speak up with their opinions whether you think they are right or wrong. Here if you are speaking with some intelligence and make a good point without the emotional garbage that drives people who seem to be liberals, than you have a good chance you will receive good replies. Don’t sell people short with your assumptions.

No you read something worth while - look at the book i mentioned. Find other sources of information and think for yourself – stop being an angry follower. Please.

No you don’t get it. You are looking at things through one hell of a set of rose colored glasses to think that way. Read on.

Oh really, they must have because you wrote this retort.

See here is the thing; you have not gone far enough in life to look at things objectively. I know you will tell me that i don’t but that’s not true, just read your stuff.

Like your comments about hating communism, you absolutely fail to see what the differences are between marxism, leninism and obamism. You depend on someone on you tube to decide for you that you are in danger with mccain but at the same time you can’t see the correlation between the three –isms i just wrote. Your emotion about war, about profiteers and all the other stuff clouded your thinking which is really the sad point when you think about it and by saying that you are against communism but than speak of mccain like you have shows some need to expand your horizons a bit. Read on.

In order for you to ‘check out’ my comments, you have to give up your position about the candidates and other things in general and be more open about facts and where they come from. It’s like a zen thing, you give up one thing to gain more of another. I appreciate what you are giving me but really, you need to step away from the conspiracy cr*p and look at things from more than one source.

See here is the thing, i don’t have to. I post things on one site about politics and that’s it. When i am asked to provide sources, i do generally but i also won’t when i feel it is done to ridicule me.

I am sorry that i post in the negative, but tell me how this really matters? I mean read what i post and look at the reasoning behind the post. Like when people make race an issue, isn’t that some how based on a bigoted position when you come down to it? I think so and to use race when we need to move forward is a despicable way to make political gains.

What i think is moronic you ain’t going to like – posting links without any material to show a point of view.

making assumptions again?

Geez, why don't you just read what you write. You sound like a two year old. Why do you feel it necessary to comment? You have no credibility. If my post have no point of view then why do you share yours. I mean if it were true then your efforts are wasted. Actually I think they strike a nerve because it proves you do not know what you are talking about. In fact, you use alot of my facts in your post. How ironic!

All you can do is whine. Boo hoo hoo...

ratwell71

Veteran Expediter
What I see is Ratwell posting mostly other people's words and ideas, or emotional rants based on thoughts that were not thought through, then taking personal potshots at those who do not agree. I have yet to see Ratwell engage in any truly intellectual, educated discourse about any subject.

When someone has no ammunition in a debate, meaning no true understanding of the issues, first they will come back with speudo facts that are nothing more than assumptions and beliefs that are portrayed as fact, and when that fails they tend to change the subject, go off on a tangent, or simply ignore the issue and resort to name calling and other personal attacks. It's also consistent to level charges, like someone is making assumptions, then berate them for doing so, and at the same time make even more assumptions while berating them for the very thing they are berating them for. The above post is loaded with both.

That's what I've seen here with ratwell.

"Proceed to typing your negative opinions and make sure you swig your beer while typing.

How moronic!!!! This site has to be an impulsive habit for you or maybe your entire life is wrapped around the keyboard. LMAO"

Even if true, an intelligent person would never make such an emotionally charged comment. It's fake bravado to puff up an ego that is lacking in character. It's a personal attack worded to make the author seem "above it all" and to demean someone else, and shows a total lack of respect for anyone who dares to question you in any way. The only way you're going to get respect is to give it, and you don't do that by calling people childish, tell them their knowledge is lacking merely because they don't agree with you, nor do you tell them they are the biggest bigot out there.

"I have never seen so many people in one place intolerant of other peoples' views."

This from someone who launches personal attacks on those who do not agree with them. Classic.

"Maybe just maybe we can have an intellectual conversation. I doubt it, but just maybe."

Another Classic. You are unable to engage in an intellectual conversation, or at least so far quite unwilling to do so, and you try to turn the tables to make it appear the other person is the one who cannot, or will not, engage intellectually. It's the classic irony of the unarmed opponent in a battle of wits.

And it'll also be classic when you get mad at me for pointing these things out.

Are your thoughts and beliefs your own? Hmmm. What a stupid comment! Now I know why you call yourself turtle.

Please don't say that I am not intellectual. I think my posts prove much more than you guys negative ranting. Funny how I can pull up each and everyone of you guys rants and see nothing but negative BS. Nothing useful ever. Just sad little sheep complaining and whining. Is that a favorite word you guys use on here. Maybe you need to brush up on your vocabulary so you can use a different word. I think rant explains every user on here.

Last edited:

ratwell71

Veteran Expediter
One must consider the source. At least I place my sources out here. I don't have time to continue to write long explanations. I have a life outside this sad little circle of sheep thinkers.

I know I should think like you so that I am accepted? Yeah, let me jump on the bandwagon of "same" thinkers. It is suppose to be about sharing and learning, however, I find it full of negative individuals with nothing better to do than whine and complain. I know of several users that have requested to be taken off of here and it is the same individuals on here that like to pick post apart. All one has to do is read my posts to know who I am talking about. This is sad because this site actually could do some good, however, it is hampered by these negative individuals.

I have stooped to your poop because I get sick and tired of hearing the untruths and garbage being put out here.

If you tell a lie long enough people will soon believe it to be truth. And that is exactly what is going on here. Those that think they know history have no idea. I have heard so much contrived crap out here that I started to only post Web sites because I no longer find it necessary to defend myself against lies and assumptions.

All and all, I found this site to be full of hypocrites. Just read some of these old post and you will see what I am talking about. I see alot of contradictions and lies. The proof is in the posts. Check it out.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Are your thoughts and beliefs your own?
Pretty much, yeah. I can take a look at all sides of an issue, then form my own conclusions. My brain, my thoughts, my beliefs. That's how it works. It's called critical thinking. You should try it sometime.

Hmmm. What a stupid comment!
Stupid is as stupid does.

Now I know why you call yourself turtle.
No you don't.

Please don't say that I am not intellectual.
But, it's true, though. To be intellectual is to be rational. You're not. To be intellectual is to be guided by intellect rather than by emotions. You aren't.

I think my posts prove much more than you guys negative ranting.
Mostly, your posts prove you can call people names, belittle them because they aren't as "intellectual" as you, and that you can copy and paste with the best of them.

Funny how I can pull up each and everyone of you guys rants and see nothing but negative BS. Nothing useful ever.
What's funny is that while you see nothing but useless negative rants, others see something completely different. I guess the whole world is out of step but you.

Just sad little sheep complaining and whining.
Name calling with get you nowhere.

Is that a favorite word you guys use on here. Maybe you need to brush up on your vocabulary so you can use a different word. I think rant explains every user on here.
How about his for a word - Mooncalf

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ratwell, I'd love to see some examples of the posts that you claim show hypocrisy on the part of those that have tried to engage in civil debate with you. You claim that dominant forum members have run off those that aren't like minded. I've been a forum member for a long time and I've never seen that. I have seen people quickly resort to name calling and the like when they can't keep up in civil discourse, and then go away.

You may want to rethink your debate style. Yes, this forum does lean to the right. But others are certainly welcome. Tallcal comes to mind. He argues his left lean with much passion and, most importantly, with his own words. Many here, myself included, respect him for being true to what he believes.

O.K., my little rant is over. Time to pack up the crack pipe.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you tell a lie long enough people will soon believe it to be truth. And that is exactly what is going on.

Then you should quit hanging around with the liars. They've filled you with too many lies and too much koolaid.

ratwell71

Veteran Expediter

These checks are not free money. They are added to the national debt. We have been duped to believe that it was helping us, however, we should have been insulted by this.

Thanks for the contribution.

ratwell71

Veteran Expediter
Then you should quit hanging around with the liars. They've filled you with too many lies and too much koolaid.

No, I do not hang out with liars. By reading most of these posts I think the majority here fit the profile of koolaid drinkers.

I read valid books. I don't listen to the news or watch TV. Now you want to talk about lies. Whoa baby... They are just being spilled out by the minute. The newspapers are filled with lies too.

I get my facts from documented and researched sites and books.

Tell me this:

Who funded communism and socialism during WWII?
Do you know who is pushing our gov't hand to go to war with Iran?
Why are we wanting to do this?
Does it have anything to do with the central bank?
Do you really believe it is about supposed nuclear weapons?
There are alot of countries with nuclear weapons including Israel. Why are we not going to war with Israel?
Who is the ADA?

Let me know what your answer is and the book you got your answer from.

ratwell71

Veteran Expediter
Ratwell, I'd love to see some examples of the posts that you claim show hypocrisy on the part of those that have tried to engage in civil debate with you. You claim that dominant forum members have run off those that aren't like minded. I've been a forum member for a long time and I've never seen that. I have seen people quickly resort to name calling and the like when they can't keep up in civil discourse, and then go away.

You may want to rethink your debate style. Yes, this forum does lean to the right. But others are certainly welcome. Tallcal comes to mind. He argues his left lean with much passion and, most importantly, with his own words. Many here, myself included, respect him for being true to what he believes.

O.K., my little rant is over. Time to pack up the crack pipe.

Let me see, I was gone for a while and logged on to find that I have been called a "racist".

It is funny how people like to make off the wall comments about me, however, when I use the same tactic as a last resort to show how ignorant people are you want to attack me for using the same tactic.

Review some of my past post. You will see no name calling just civil replies. I think tit for tat when some of you think you can get by with saying things like, "Who do you want to march to the gas chamber?" and/or that I am a spammer and that I am a "racist" and insulting someone's IQ. I think these things need to be addressed because if you review my post you will see this was in retaliation of the name calling. Who threw the first punch?

Now if you don't like the name calling I suggest that you take your own advice and be an adult and respect the person while they are away instead of using the opportunity to smear someone.

I would rather be called stupid than a racist. I think that assumption of someone's post is far more worse.

In fact, it is hateful.