Thank u to members re: insurance

JimF51

Seasoned Expediter
While researching insurance for the truck, came across many positive comments about CIS. Already had 2 quotes when I called them.

Seemed like much nicer folks to deal with, and quote was lower than what I had already gotten (way lower than one of them).

Thanks.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
While researching insurance for the truck, came across many positive comments about CIS. Already had 2 quotes when I called them.

Seemed like much nicer folks to deal with, and quote was lower than what I had already gotten (way lower than one of them).

Thanks.

Jim

John and Shelly are great people. They are our agents on our building insurance and have helped us many times with truck questions.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I went with Transport Insurance out of Toledo. When I called CIS they told me I would have to give them all my Auto Insurance which included my pick up. So I declined.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
might also want to check out great west ins at gwcc.com , go to agent locator and find one in your area or choose the one from arlington, tx { i think } and they write nationally. just make sure you understand what kind of coverage you are getting. we like gwcc because they offer what they call a finance value policy that pays a set dollar amount no matter what. none of this fair market value crap and having to buy an extra gap ins policy. dont let the name fool you, you dont have to have the truck financed to purchase this policy. mine is at 55,000 with a 7,500 policy for my generator and we pay 176.00 a mo. we have though, been with them since 2000 but i dont think that make a difference.

Last edited:

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Hey, Jim glad to hear you went with them.
They are a pleasure to work with and answer the phone directly, no stupid menus or press one for English LOL
I am out of the business now, but would use them in a heartbeat if the need arised.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
We switched to CIS earlier this year. It was about $40 more per year than wht we would pay for the group policy.through Load1, but that's because of our age. I will gladly pay the extra to have John and Shelly taking care of us. They are wonderful people.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
We switched to CIS earlier this year. It was about $40 more per year than wht we would pay for the group policy.through Load1, but that's because of our age. I will gladly pay the extra to have John and Shelly taking care of us. They are wonderful people.

I'd gladly pay $40.00 a year to be younger, where do I sign up?:rolleyes::D

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
What ^he^ said. Not because he's the boss, but because he's right: John and Shelley are great people, and a credit to the industry. :)