Texas beats ohio st.

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
I imagine all the flags will be lowered to half mast tomorrow in the state of Ohio!!
Watch out driving there, Ohio's finest will be in a foul mood!! lol

And all the OSU fans thought they should have a rematch with So. Cal. in the Rose Bowl????????

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
How about those buckeyes!?! Well at least they didn't get embarassed this yr. Texas just didn't look like they wanted to be there. But they were good enough to pull it out.

the osu seniors can go out feelin good, they had good careers.

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
Ya know Doggie... I was just looking up the same information! I don't see Michigan listed in any bowl game!

Suds...as far as flags being half mast.....NOT gonna happen. OSU went in there the under dog and almost came out winning. For the most part they played a great game. Just goes to show you......

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
I'm sorry,I must have missed it,what bowl game did Michigan play in?:D

uga 24
mich 12

west mi 14
rice 38

bad month for michigan football. another bad post season for the big 10 + 1. wisc, psu, nw, mich, osu all lost to better teams.

well shut me down and correct my postings..... iowa won a bowl game.

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Bein a Osu fan, I don't take "moral" victories at all. there is no, "well they played good and i am proud of them, they lost. They were up with 30 seconds to go and there great defense couldn't stop a better QB.

The only to take from the end of the season, is that the seniors had great careers. That they can be proud of, but they certainly can't be proud of their bcs bowl record.

The big 10 is no longer the power conference it was. Kids don't want to play in the cold up north anymore. The south and west teams have better atheletes, better coaches and better weather so the kids can play ball all year round (yea i know its against the ncaa rules, but don't think for a minute it don't happen) and they do.

Out of the 6 bcs conferences, the big 10 is probably tied for 6th with the big east with no one in 5th. Yea I understand these things run in cycles, but i am pretty sure it will be a longggg cycle for the big ten.

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
I'd like to see a game between OSU and the Lions.........:)

wonder who would win that one......Whatta think Chef??

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Lions would lose to most High School teams. There should be an entire new bowl series, The Toliet Bowl, where the really Sh*tty teams could play. Michigan would have been a great choice for this years game. The Big Ten will come back, things go in cycles. The part about playing in the cold etc is true to a point. We have become a truely woosie nation. The poor Lil Darlins just can't take being a little chilled. Poor babies. layoutshooter