Terrorist Treat Alert Elevated

twe2011

Seasoned Expediter
Re: Terrorist Threat Alert Elevated

Moved this here. It just did not seem to fit in the "Sports Page".

Sorry, I was installing a Linux system at the same time and hit the wrong key.

Thank you! I just wanted to tell my fellow truck drivers...to be carefull and aware.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sorry, I was installing a Linux system at the same time and hit the wrong key.

Thank you! I just wanted to tell my fellow truck drivers...to be carefull and aware.

OH, not a problem at all. Thanks for the heads up!

twe2011

Seasoned Expediter
Terrorist treats eh ? :rolleyes:

Yikes, I need to stop allowing my computer to do everything for me. The voice recognition picked up the wrong word...ouch.

Check out that posting regarding "This can't be true", help me with this research.

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
I'm not into conspiracy theroies but are terrorists really that dumb that they would wait until security is highest to plan an attack around? I just don't see it, which makes me think the government is playing on fears.

Maybe the terrorists are that dumb, who am I to judge.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I'm not into conspiracy theroies but are terrorists really that dumb that they would wait until security is highest to plan an attack around? I just don't see it, which makes me think the government is playing on fears.

Maybe the terrorists are that dumb, who am I to judge.

They have no fear of us stopping them, another plane would've been brought down if it weren't for a bomb that didn't work. Or how many people would've died if it weren't for a failed bombing in Times Square? The other part of it is the government does play off of our fears.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
The government wants everyone to rally behind the president.The last time this really happend was on sept 11.If everyone is rallying behind him then he looks good.Now for the terrorist being dumb enough yes they are.

greg334

Veteran Expediter

No they are not really dumb, actually I think the terrorist trigger the fear to use the fear to find holes and use those holes to plan their attacks.

The funny thing is why make a big deal about it to begin with, we don't really care because we don't want our lives interrupted and we give up things that don't seem to be important to us, like being treated as a criminal at airports.

On top of all of this, it is impossible to cover everything in this country, every bridge, tunnel, building and event, it just can't happen unless we become a police state - like Germany in the 30's. We left sooooo much open to attack, left big gaps in security on our borders and stopped doing the little things while expanding the government security forces to deal with everything that may not be their job.

This is my point about 9/11, we forgotten to be vigilante and now we have to have people who are vetted to do a job that once everyone did.

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
I think you guys missed my point because I was really vague. Why not attack on May 19 when nobody has hightened alert status, itwould cause more longterm fear in the USA if there were actually successful attacks that take place outside of New York.

Imagine if they attacked Florida in January, it would create a lot more fear across the country all the time. Then an attack in Iowa in July, when you randomize and spread out the attacks, it makes more people scared.

I really don't know their goals, I just see the threats as too sterotypical, I mean they honestly can't think of changing it up?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This enemy likes to attack on dates that have meaning to them. That often limits them to certain dates. As to the location, the larger the population the greater the effect.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well because IF they attack on 9/11, it will be to prove a very important point - we are stupid.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I think you guys missed my point because I was really vague. Why not attack on May 19 when nobody has hightened alert status, itwould cause more longterm fear in the USA if there were actually successful attacks that take place outside of New York.

Imagine if they attacked Florida in January, it would create a lot more fear across the country all the time. Then an attack in Iowa in July, when you randomize and spread out the attacks, it makes more people scared.

I really don't know their goals, I just see the threats as too sterotypical, I mean they honestly can't think of changing it up?

wow,,that Florida thing sounds good, arent all the folks from Michigan and Ohio down south n Jan,,,,,,,,am running for cover as I speak..............lol,,,just funn n gang,,,hmmm wait a minute , on second thought............sorry , had one of those Rebel flag moments,,,,,,,,,,,,

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
Well because IF they attack on 9/11, it will be to prove a very important point - we are stupid.

You can speak for yourself on that one buddy.Love how you say america is stupid and weak.If its so bad why not leave?You complain about us allowing ourselfs to be treated as criminals no one allows themself to be treated like a criminal,You know when you buy that plane ticket you may be picked out and search.Dont like it dont fly, drive.yet offer no other way of doing things.You say we are going about fighting terrorism the wrong way and that we will never win That just going in any killing the people that did this is the wrong way to do it.yet when the powers that be change the way we are doing it you call us weak for not finishing the job we started.

Why the hell are we stupid if there is another attack on 9/11????????