Talk About Your Cheap Freight.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
$3.97 Indianapolis to Columbus Oh. Thats total charge, not per mile. Delivered overnight on Sat to boot.
It was a 60# Dorm fridge ordered from Walmart. Delivered to doorstep by FedEx Ground. Heck Gasoline to Walmart cost that much. Plus wrangling through check out and wrestling it in and out of the car.
Hard to compete against this.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Roll up your windows and put some Vick's Vapo Rub on you upper lip, that will take care of the smell.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I smell bull excrement.
Heres the confirmation.
Hi Don,
Thanks for ordering from Walmart.com. Here's a summary of your order.
xlt0fEjnjSTAOQC8watJvLnWDS3U7kICudI1NxT7AszAOV2p7UJso4xyIxu6aLUTl5Eo2zWGIly7fPbMkDs31fDDMskxCPGNk99fHdujshxukQ=s0-d-e1-ft
ItemQtyPriceTotal
Igloo 1.7 cu. ft. Refrigerator and Freezer, FR100; Color: Black1$79.00$79.00
Arrives by Mon., Mar 17
C3I2MA-8NmKJUagYwxtQYvtXOlaYKqgHgy3RTrJxur6wYuKhvDovTRd4r7vids3NowVrcDMdxZqJkUHUhXaP9ljPWoZyEUv9zs7ZICGVpg=s0-d-e1-ft
fhi5YuxXmG67E2NIE3NV2IYK4jglmU8bYlFyoeL5bG4ddDPnYfrG9cVcHWBUCkEt8EeHA_TCB_L9TQd44C3D0Y9OrCK0zzpuT3KuzzapiA=s0-d-e1-ft
See our Return Policy or
contact Customer Service.
Subtotal:$79.00
Shipping:$2.97
Tax:$5.53
Order total:$87.50

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
He was saying BS cuz he thought $3.97 was way to high. According to your bill, it was only $2.97. So apparently he was on to something.

JoeS

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Talk about retail arbitrage...
The lowest price on Amazon for that same refrigerator is $113.12 shipped with most being priced in the $150 range.
List them on Amazon and buy it and drop ship it from Walmart. Easy money from the truck :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
where we live in SD middle of BFE if wife orders anything from Walmart.....over $50.00 they say is FREE shipping....don't know why they even charged him that much...AND we don't get the charged the tax...YET...

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
where we live in SD middle of BFE if wife orders anything from Walmart.....over $50.00 they say is FREE shipping....don't know why they even charged him that much...AND we don't get the charged the tax...YET...

We do on Walmart but not on Amazon. And I love ordering cat food at Walmart...beats the price here locally AND the fedex guy slugs it up to the door as opposed to me driving 84 miles round trip and buying it and having to slug it in myself..

Last edited:

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why does your bid always get outbid because there is someone needing to go home and willing to take it cheap or someone is sitting in the back of a cargo van hunched over on their laptop at the local truck stop putting a bid in themselves for .60 to .75 a mile. Better reason to find a carrier that has real clients that will pay the industry rate of .90 to a buck a mile in a sprinter!

I see it happen all day every day... it's like you gotta hope a heavy load comes through that is 3000 lbs and there are no other sprinters in the area. Today I'm bidding cheap and tomorrow I'm gunna be back up to the industry standard...

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Sometimes you get outbid by a guy that says " Today I'm bidding cheap and tomorrow I'll be back up to industry standards." :(

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
Sometimes you get outbid by a guy that says " Today I'm bidding cheap and tomorrow I'll be back up to industry standards." :(

Sometimes you get a stupid cheap offer on a load you don't care to do so you place a crazy high bid that will assure you won't get it... And you get it...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why does your bid always get outbid because there is someone needing to go home and willing to take it cheap or someone is sitting in the back of a cargo van hunched over on their laptop at the local truck stop putting a bid in themselves for .60 to .75 a mile. Better reason to find a carrier that has real clients that will pay the industry rate of .90 to a buck a mile in a sprinter!

I see it happen all day every day... it's like you gotta hope a heavy load comes through that is 3000 lbs and there are no other sprinters in the area. Today I'm bidding cheap and tomorrow I'm gunna be back up to the industry standard...

Follow me then...for .90 you can have that 3,000 lb load every day.....;)

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

If that's the industry standard for sprinters that's sad. Used to drive for companies that used to tell us that. Funny how much something like an mlm load can really pay when the curtains are pulled back.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been working for 0.69 a mile since 2008 with 800 miles a week deadhead at 0.00...remember the Nray run OntarioVanMan?