Talk About Your Cheap Freight.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Preety much the end of the story..Simply turned it down and didnt even get spanked :eek:

Actually about 2 hours later ended up with a nice lil load going south. Following phone call was kinda comical:

Hi; This is Soandso,,I have a load going from Detroit to KY,,Will you do it?

Me; Yes, Do you know where in Detroit?

Soan so; No. Ready now straight in,, I have customer on phone..Will you do it?

Me; Yes You dont know where pick up is? That would be a lil helpfully if I knew where Im going..

Soandso; Ill ask,,Will you do it?

Me; For the third time Yes we will get it done..

Soandso then hangs up without another word..

I thought to myself Dang I never asked about the money.. But I knew loads going into KY usally pay good and I didnt have to ask.
Nearly half hour later load profile comes across and we are 15min late before I even start my pre-trip.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Guess if you're not on with one of the top companies listed here, you will have a hard time making money. I have found that true last couple of weeks.

Trucking Company Directory - ExpeditersOnline.com

I will second that comment, I own my straight truck and sprinter, do all my mechanical work myself and still had a hard time paying the bills. Found a job an hour from my place in Florida doing building maintenance, would love to go back on the road, but need to find a carrier that can keep me running enough to pay the bills.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Three offers today to WI MI AND OH (bid them all at a buck a mile) as Atlanta and Charlotte are at a all time low (sitting in Greenville), let's see if tomorrow something will give and we can get me going to Laredo or West Coast. I don't even wanna talk about how cheap I will be bidding. Let's put it this way I haven't been getting the loads at .75. Makes you want to pack it up and head home wherever that is.... to be determined. I will be running for this carrier until I get off the road to build Sprinter. When and if I choose to get back on the road I'm gunna run for some decent carrier. Ceva is paying top dollar I hear but requires you live in Michigan for some strange reason?