Take Over Payments // Owner Financing - PLEASE HELP!!

CSiple

Seasoned Expediter
Good Afternoon Fellow Road Worriors,

I am looking for someone to help me finance a truck or someone that is willing to let me take over the payments on there straight truck. I am looking to lease on with PANTHER as soon as possible.

I have been driving for ACME Truck for several years and I am tired of them taking all my money.:mad:

I have been driving for over 12 years now (since I got out of the Marine Corp) I have HAZ MAT and a TWIC CARD.
I only drive solo since I lost a very good freind of mine in a team accident.

My current truck was paid off within one year, I have the referances for that transaction for you.

If you can help, I would love to hear back from you.

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
Have ya tried your local credit union? They tend to be better than banks not only in terms of interest rates but also in terms of willing to take a chance on ya. Especially if ya can show em you paid off your last truck in one year.

Basically, credit unions seem to not only consider your assets/liabilities, but also what your future projects.

Best of luck to ya

CSiple

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks Danny, however, I share a REPO with my exwife a couple a years ago. As soon as the banks see that, they want nothing to do with me.
To answer your questions, I have not checked with any credit unions..... never thought they would be "easier" Thanks for the info!!

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
Yea, the bank pretty much looks at your past. They tend to have a pretty strict criteria.

A credit union will also look at that of course. But like say a letter from your company saying something like "Our average driver made $XXX.XX/week in the year 2009" can help w/ a credit union where as a bank wouldn't care. That very type letter helped me get a van a few years ago that I might not have been able to get w/out it. And yea, that was a loan that was win/win for both the CU & myself.

I'm not making any promises or anything. Just that your chances are better w/ a credit union.

One other thing. If ya do get a loan from em, don't pay it off in 6 months even if ya can. They actually frown upon that a bit. They're loaning you $$ cuz they want to make a little something off of ya. It's great to be 3-4 months ahead, they love that kind of stuff. But they don't want ya paying off a 4 year loan in 6 months unless you're gonna get another loan from em.

Again, good luck to ya.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Where were you when I were looking "for a few good men"??

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good Afternoon Fellow Road Worriors,

I am looking for someone to help me finance a truck or someone that is willing to let me take over the payments on there straight truck. I am looking to lease on with PANTHER as soon as possible.

I have been driving for ACME Truck for several years and I am tired of them taking all my money.:mad:

I have been driving for over 12 years now (since I got out of the Marine Corp) I have HAZ MAT and a TWIC CARD.
I only drive solo since I lost a very good freind of mine in a team accident.

My current truck was paid off within one year, I have the referances for that transaction for you.

If you can help, I would love to hear back from you.

Have you placed an add in the classifieds on EO? If not that is where you should focus.

If Acme is paying you according to your contract it is not "my money" they are keeping it is what you agreed to.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Might be a good idea to realize that Acme is a hotshotter. Will be a little different on the expedite side of things.

Last edited:

Zoli

Veteran Expediter
Do you have any money? Do you have an emergency found? If you don't have, stay away.