Syrian refugees

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's very strange when over 3/4 of the "refugees" are males 18-35 years old. Combined with ISIS pledging and claiming they are sending fighters among refugees it makes thinking people wonder.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's very strange when over 3/4 of the "refugees" are males 18-35 years old.
Yeah, especially since 38.5 percent of the refugees are under 12 years old, 51.1 percent are under 18, and females outnumber males in every age category.

Combined with ISIS pledging and claiming they are sending fighters among refugees it makes thinking people wonder.
Only if they severely limit their thinking by obtaining incomplete facts with which to do the thinking. The pledge and claim by ISIS only applies to specific countries in the EU, which ISIS enumerated by name.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I'm still trying to figure out why they "need" to be here? No answer. Just set up safe zones and leave them over there.

Reactions: muttly

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm still trying to figure out why they "need" to be here?
Dave, think about that question for a moment............

They need to be here for the same reasons my ancestors and your ancestors "needed" to be here........

Last edited:
Reactions: greasytshirt

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm still trying to figure out why they "need" to be here? No answer. Just set up safe zones and leave them over there.
That probably won't work. Not now, not today. Much like Marriage, Safe Zone doesn't mean what it used to mean. Refugee has also changed to mean Terrorist. ISIS used to mean ancient Egyptian god, and now it means jihadist. And if you have a really bad lisp, you can't even say ISIS.

Reactions: cheri1122

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

They don't 'need' to be here, specifically, they just need to be away from the violence and war and death. As who wouldn't?
The problem with setting up 'safe zones over there' is maybe mostly one of credibility, as in we have very little of it in the Middle East. Had little before we bombed [ooops!] a Doctors Without Borders Hospital, even less now. We send aid, but the people don't get any. We send soldiers, their lives get even worse. After years of that, ISIS' recruiting hook about a US/Western 'war on Muslims' is easily believed. That's something we need to address.
If we refuse to accept Muslims, [especially if we accept Christian refugees], we validate ISIS' claims, and strengthen their efforts. If we can prove them wrong, we all win. Except ISIS, but Anonymous can't exterminate them alone, we need to help.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Anonymous isn't helping. They think they are, but they're not. All they're doing is making it more difficult to monitor ISIS on social media. Thaaaanks, Anonymous.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Happy Thanksgiving everyone............keep your powder dry and your crosshairs clean....and stay out of truck stops, those crazy expediters are everywhere.....lol

Reactions: jjtdrv4u

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There are fewer ISIS than there are "refugees". Why don't we just invite all of ISIS over here instead? :rolleyes: It's hopeless with some people.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I don't see the "need" to bring them over here right now. If it takes two years to investigate them as they say, that puts the ISIS victory claim out of the way. I don't think it matters to them one way or the other. Over half are women and kids so possibly they can be moved somewhere. Keep in mind, that as refugees, it isn't like they come ready to work or anything else. Like many of the illegals, (5000 illegal kids just in October alone came in at the southern border), this is a drain on the taxpayers. We have no money, so we are printing and borrowing to do all this. At some point, that charity is going to be needed at home. All of these people will need government assistance for who knows how long? Just amazing.

Reactions: jujubeans