Surprised

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Well we have been sitting in Florida since Thursday and just got a load to California..... Now hopefully we will be able to get out of their

Now have any of you been out there in awhile and how did you do getting out?

Last edited:

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Yes, we had one of our trucks out west about a week ago. What size are you? They was offered a load to AZ and I told them to take it and they got a load from AZ to Ohio. if that helps. When you get there let me know, I can look for a load for you with one of my contacts.

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
We are a Type D unit.. it's been a year since I have been out there, they where telling me that the board that we would be on will be a 4 a day area, so I'm hoping that they where not pulling my leg....

You know what would be nice to see.. you know when you log in the driver log-in then go to board position, it shows all the boards within 300 miles, I think they should have a page that shows all the boards, they have cut down on the boards so I don't think it would be that hard to do.. then you could have a running figure in your head on how many trucks are in a area and how many they are getting out in that area......

Now I know that the numbers change but it would give you a hint on what the area is doing, instead of having to ask the dispatchers each time you call in...

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Well Hopefully we can get something back towards the house been out since the 4th of January..... but it's hard to turn down a 2860 mile run lol

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
I would sure like to know where you got a load out of FL from? We have been sitting in FL since last Thurs as well at 8am. Been bumped down the board so many times I can't count. And can't even get them to empty move us.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I would sure like to know where you got a load out of FL from? We have been sitting in FL since last Thurs as well at 8am. Been bumped down the board so many times I can't count. And can't even get them to empty move us.

Where are you at in FL?
We had two trucks there and both loaded out on Panther loads.
Might want to consider a broker load out or just head to Atlanta or South Carolina. Kinda foolish to just sit there.

Last edited:

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Where are you at in FL?
We had two trucks there and both loaded out on Panther loads.
Might want to consider a broker load out or just head to Atlanta or South Carolina. Kinda foolish to just sit there.
Aint that the truth.....LOL I'm afraid to go home anymore. I can never get out. There used to be some good ol days if gettin loads out of florida, but I think those are gone.

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
We where sitting at that TA in Vero Beach, we picked up in Orlando..... Me and the co-Driver agreed if we did not get out of there by Tuesday night we where going to DH to Atlanta.....

But they did offer us .25 a mile to go up to Atlanta wonder why they did not offer that to you to? did you call in and talk to driver relations

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I am guessing it must be the vehicle type or the location in where one is sitting. The ones we did were from Jacksonville and the other was from Cape Canaveral. The previous week we did one and the return load out to IN was from Fort Myers. We did sit a day on the last one, but hard to complain on that when looking at FL.

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
We delivered last thursday morning in orlando, FL. We are sitting in Ocala, FL right now right in the middle of the orlando tampa jacksonville area.
Kyle how heavy was your load to Cali? We have not been offered any loads. We have been talking with Linda Slezak, and even Frank and they said they are not paying to empty move people out of here. And quite frankly we don't have the fuel money to dead head to Atlanta or somewhere and then have fuel to get to a pick up. We are saving what little fuel money we do have to make it to a pick up somewhere.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I think where you are sitting is the biggest issue. The other trucks whether in Jax or Orlando are closer to the where the loads are actually coming from. If you are over 100 out from JAX and they need a 90 minute pickup, they will go for a truck in town verses one much farther out.
Probably should add, may want to consider a shorty broker load to AL or GA. Not a lot of trucks in either state.

Last edited:

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
At this point we would take any type of load broker or otherwise but not getting offered anything. They won't even come up with any pay for an empty move for us. And our owner has been talking with everyone all the way up to and including Frank.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The broker loads need to be located by yourself or the owner unless they happen to have something in backhaul.

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
We delivered last thursday morning in orlando, FL. We are sitting in Ocala, FL right now right in the middle of the orlando tampa jacksonville area.
Kyle how heavy was your load to Cali? We have not been offered any loads. We have been talking with Linda Slezak, and even Frank and they said they are not paying to empty move people out of here. And quite frankly we don't have the fuel money to dead head to Atlanta or somewhere and then have fuel to get to a pick up. We are saving what little fuel money we do have to make it to a pick up somewhere.

Well the load we got out to cali was 2000lbs surprisingly and they are actually going to get me back to Ohio we already have been dispatched on a load picking up Monday
Going to get back to see Rodney Carrington... he's playin in our home town..... I'm really glad we did not end up having to sit for more than the weekend you really can't kick on that

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
Yes we ended up getting a load that doesn't pick up till tomorrow morning in Savannah. But we did find out we should have been offered that load you had to Cali. The dispatcher didn't look at the weight of it only the unit size. So typical for us.

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Yes we ended up getting a load that doesn't pick up till tomorrow morning in Savannah. But we did find out we should have been offered that load you had to Cali. The dispatcher didn't look at the weight of it only the unit size. So typical for us.

I don't know if you know or not but the run was a elite run... needed the pads and straps kingof thing..... can't really say anything else about the load but what do you do?

and just wondering how where you to be offered the load we got to Cali when we where first out on the board at the time?

Last edited:

sweetcdngirl

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
US Army
Alot of things come into play when Panther dishes out loads. And yes being closest to the load really helps. And yes there are alot of variables to who gets the load. So getting upset at seeing a truck get a load ahead of you don't do any good. It's not the driver's fault for them getting a load. Could of been an elite load, or a liftgate load, or even requires the use of special equipment that you dont have in your truck. I know it's agravating especially when you pay for the fuel, because relocating really isnt much of an option. That is the major reason why I won't work for an owner where I pay the fuel. Panther leaves alot of drivers in areas where they have to DH to get to a better board. Plus the months of Jan and Feb are usually slow. So if you pay your own fuel, try to stay out of areas that you will have problems getting out of.