Suran Wrap and Foil

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Didn't know this?

When I read this, I went in the kitchen and checked the box. All these years and I never noticed. Duh!

Someone sent this to me and I just checked. This is true.
Look on the ends of all your foil, etc., wrap boxes and you will find a tab that keeps your foil in the box.

I've been using aluminum foil for more years than I care to remember. Great stuff, but sometimes it can be a pain. You know, like when you are in the middle of doing something and you try to pull some foil out and the roll comes out of the box.
Then you have to put the roll back in the box and start over. The darn roll always comes out at the wrong time.

Well, I would like to share this with you. Yesterday I went to throw out an empty Reynolds foil box and for some reason I turned it and looked at the end of the box. And written on the end it said, "Press here to lock end".
Right there on the end of the box is a tab to lock the roll in place.
How long has this little locking tab been there? I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one, too.
I then looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too! I can't count the number of times the Saran warp roll has jumped out when I was trying to cover something up.

I'm sharing this with my friends that did not know this.
I hope I'm not the only person that didn't know about this.

(been using this stuff forever and never noticed the end of the box. kinda makes you feel like a dummy, huh? lol )

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
[thread=31388]If you think that's neat, check this out![/thread] :D

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
No worries Dave it is amazing me how many people including myself that did not know this!

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
LOL.. we got this in an email too, and my wife swears it's something new.. ;)

Dale

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Well I am shocked! I never noticed this before and I have checked all my wraps and, sure enough, there it is! It just has to be something new. I'm so glad you told us!! Wow! Thanks!