Storage Ideas

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
No matter how big your sleeper and side boxes are you never have enough room! We have taken out our upper bunk in our M2 and have just put in new cabinets to match the upper cabinets. I was wondering what everyone else has done to organize and create more space? Another driver told me about using baskets inside the cabinets and that really has helped. I also use bungee cords and the spring type curtain rods to help hold things inside the cabinets. I have also put down the anti slide shelve liners helps with rattling also. Clutter just drives me nuts so I try to keep everything in it place. I am having a terrible time with the area in the front of the cab near the ceiling. We have all kinds of stuff stored there but it is by no means neat! Any ideas?

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We used the "over the seat" organizers that are found in the truckstops to keep stuff organized. As far as the cabinets over the driver and passenger seats, we used the small wire baskets found in the office supply stores. Space and organization are always a challenge, and I'm like you, I hate clutter! LOL

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
i just use the rubbermaid tubs so i can pile the stuff in them and not worry about it going all over the truck

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
BamBam
How do you hold your Rubbermaid tubs in?

Pelicn
We also have the over the seat organizers and I don't know what we would do with out them. They hold lots. We bought a gray pair at Walcott that match our seat covers and they look pretty darn good. We wore a jean set out.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Along with the tubs, baskets, and containers, I like to hang things, on coat & hat hook units - lots of stuff can hang, and be handy when you need it.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Honest Answer: Ya got to much Stuff: sorry.

Less stuff = Less mess, less to fix, less to worry about, less to spend $ on.

If my Bride came with me, I would be allowed a razor, a clean set of underwear, a tooth brush, comb, and A SMILE. Other than that she would orginize that truck at the first dumpster. And I could very well be living in a new home.