Stairway To Heaven?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Has anyone seen something like this? Both the passenger side and driver's side had these step extender things. Did f4f (I'm not short I'm people) ditch the Sprinter and get a large car?) It gave me something to ponder for miles. The miles have now turned into days. I'm going on vacation tomorrow and desperately need an answer tonight.
Truck%20steps_zpsm5ikuz4r.png

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Has anyone seen something like this? Both the passenger side and driver's side had these step extender things. Did f4f (I'm not short I'm people) ditch the Sprinter and get a large car?) It gave me something to ponder for miles. The miles have now turned into days. I'm going on vacation tomorrow and desperately need an answer tonight.

Must be Mini Me's truck

minimi.png

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Never seen that. But I used to have a 450#+ semi driver that used an a-frame ladder to get in and out of his cabover International. Literally.
He would pull this 6' orange ladder out across his lap and make it happen.
Jack was an amazing human. Very loving to everyone he ever met.
I've never met a nicer man.
It was very cool knowing he loved driving semi so much to pull a ladder across his lap and out the door to get in an out.
Safe? No. But never a safety incident at all!! And never a complaint at all.
Miss you, Jack Marshall!!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Go back to sleep. Nothing to see here.

You got that right, all there is here is talk about "trucking" and "work" EWWWWWW!

Was not sleeping either, spent most of the day working on preparing for a "muskrat and turtle soup" dinner tomorrow, to benefit the Pointe Mouillee Waterfowlers Association's fund raiser.

Let's see how this works these days, spending time with life long friends, eating great food, talking about hunting and fishing, being a productive asset to the community and the environment.

It just don't get no gooder than that, now do it?

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A few years ago at MATS I saw something similar that could be mounted either above or below the steps, or both, so in theory rather than 2 steps one could have 6 steps leading to the cab. They were about 6 inches wide. I can't remember details after all these years but someone may come up with them.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
You got that right, all there is here is talk about "trucking" and "work" EWWWWWW!

Was not sleeping either, spent most of the day working on preparing for a "muskrat and turtle soup" dinner tomorrow, to benefit the Pointe Mouillee Waterfowlers Association's fund raiser.

Let's see how this works these days, spending time with life long friends, eating great food, talking about hunting and fishing, being a productive asset to the community and the environment.

Yes it do get "gooder" than that......if you are doing it in Florida, stead of with the Chosen Frozen.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member

Why is it always about you? Go shoot sumthin:cool:

mrgoodtude

Not a Member

I have nothing.. Enjoy your vacation tho:D Taking the "kid" to Disney?

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy

"muskrat and turtle soup"----------- you are kid'n, right?

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Life is short, I figure I got about 20 years tops to go. About age 88 is it in our family for males, but usually the last 8 aren't so great, lots of parking lot time visiting the doctors,,,,well its the truth.----if you're gonna play , do it now, imho. Now wasn't this uplifting:)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"muskrat and turtle soup"----------- you are kid'n, right?

Kidding? No way! Muskrat is a tradition around here. The cooks were working on them all day yesterday. Turtle soup is another "staple" for "Riverrats" as well.

The "rats", for this dinner, were first boiled then will be fried today. They have been working on the soup for several days. All of the meat was taken from the marsh, by local trappers. The recipes for both have been passed down for centuries. They date back to the 1700's.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Never seen this.. Doesn't even appear to work well for a set of pet steps.. Other then a chrome shop trucker could this be for disabled folks climbing in? Left step right step and so on? Bad hip maybe???

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Kidding? No way! Muskrat is a tradition around here. The cooks were working on them all day yesterday. Turtle soup is another "staple" for "Riverrats" as well.

The "rats", for this dinner, were first boiled then will be fried today. They have been working on the soup for several days. All of the meat was taken from the marsh, by local trappers. The recipes for both have been passed down for centuries. They date back to the 1700's.

O my, I have edgechumedcaited now...lol

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Never seen this.. Doesn't even appear to work well for a set of pet steps.. Other then a chrome shop trucker could this be for disabled folks climbing in? Left step right step and so on? Bad hip maybe???
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Not good for pets but maybe easier access for someone with some kind of disability. Could be dangerous if one were to slip with one foot while the other foot got caught between an original step and an added step.