Sprinter Vans: Electric Truck Company Chanje Has A Plan To Clean Up Urban Freight

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Interesting read from Fast Company:

Electric Truck Company Chanje Has A Plan To Clean Up Urban Freight

While Tesla develops an electric semi-truck–which may be in production by 2019 or 2020–a startup has designed another type of electric delivery truck for city use, and it’s ready now. By this fall, you might see one of its sleek white trucks sitting silently in front of your apartment building to make a delivery, and instead of belching diesel exhaust, it will have no emissions at all.

Read More...

2017-08-11_16-55-01.png

jaxonviking

Expert Expediter
Issue becomes: Where does the electricity come from? Sure, you're cutting smog in the local city. But if there's a coal plant chugging away all night making electricity to charge these electric vehicles, total pollution isn't lower. You're just making it somebody else's problem. Now if we had a lot more modern nuclear power, that would be zero-emissions.

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Even in a coal area it's less then that of tailpipe emissions ! I currently own 2 electrics !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ntimevan

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'll take it if they include a diesel engine or a hybrid where I can drive 800 miles a day and switch over to EV mode when I get to the city :D

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
future is coming, amazing what future is bring