Sprinter engines

Harley

Expert Expediter
It has been a few weeks since my engine woes started so thought I'd give all of you an update. I got may van back Saturday 4/17. The rebuilt long block was preforming flawlessly so I took my first run on the following Monday. It was a short one and all went well. Had my second run late Monday from upstate SC to Chicago. Got about halfway there and the oil light came on. I was three quarts low. Crawled under the van but could not see any noticeable oil leak. Added the oil and continued on to my delivery. This was all during the middle of the night so when the sun came up I looked under the van again. The hose on the driver side that connects to the inner cooler had oil on it and a slight drip. I called my mechanic and the first thing he said was that the turbo was going bad. I found a brand new one at the same Dodge dealership that had my motor and got it for wholesale. It took a gallon of oil to get me back home and I am sure the people of Chicago thought I was getting an early start on spraying for misquitoes what with all the smoke. LOL! When we took the old turbo off it was very oily and wobbly. I have the greatest respect for my mechanic who is also a very close friend. He felt so sorry for all my trouble that he would not even charge me any labor for removing, installing and cleaning all of the oil out of my hoses. Once again she is purring like a kitten. This is now Monday the 26th of April and I am again waiting for a run. Hopefully the worst is behind me now. Got my fingers crossed anyway. Thanks again for all of the advice.