Sprinter 2500 vs 3500

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
It's 3/4" thick water-resistant tongue & groove plywood. The insulation prevents any heat or cold whatsoever from penetrating the floor. It may be overbuilt a bit but we wanted it to last forever. We'll post more progress as we get time . . .

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Here's another progress picture. You probably can see;
1. Shore power at the driver's rear quarter.
2. Roof Air/Heat condensation drain down inside driver's wall to rear.
3. Storage bins on both sides.
4. The E-track and 2 bys line up with the top of the bin wall so we can lay a second level and/or beds.
5. The bin wall has a track for our movable bulkhead to travel on.
Its a work in progress... :)

Attachments

• Sprinter Floor, Bins, E-track.jpg
    Sprinter Floor, Bins, E-track.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 88

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Looks real good...Especially like how you not only "narrowed " the wheel houses but also sectioned them down so you didn't hhave to raise the floor the full height of the complete wheelhouse...nice job...woodwork is nice also...

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Yes does look good. My only question when driving down the road at 60+ and hitting bumps with your 3900# on board, do you think it will bottom out on the wheel well??

Speedwagen

Seasoned Expediter
I'd bet the first measurement you took was the travel from axle housing to rubber bump stops (with compression) before the surgery. I think Sprinter wheel housings are much "taller" than they need to be.
Looks good!
And THUMBS UP: A Sprinter that isn't White!!!!!!
Rich

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Remember the 2006 and older 3500 Sprinters had the tiny (stupid looking really) 15" wheels and 195/75R15 tires . . . only 25.7" in total diameter. We couldn't stand the stupid look so we went out and bought the 16" Alcoa aluminum wheels for a 2007 (have to use the 2007 lug nuts too or they will fall off!) and put 215/65R16 tires on them. The total diameter is 27" but actually corrected the speedometer perfectly (it was 5% fast before). We actually had more than our rated capacity this past weekend and the real challenge is going in and out of poorly designed parking lots where there is a wild change in angle. Going down the road the suspension never gets close. No matter what we hit (even on purpose) the tires never hit. You just have to plan well. "Measure twice, cut once." It works great!

Monty

Expert Expediter
Ok Westmicher ...... how much to do mine! :D

Seriously, you did ****ed good work ... I'm impressed .... maybe a sideline business for you? After all, you did keep measurements, right!

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Well, the cost could be worked out but its not so much the money. . . I'd have to have your Sprinter for a while, unless I stay steady on it!

Monty

Expert Expediter
I was kinda teasing about mine ..... I'm not going to get the 3500 now ... but I do believe you could solve a lot of problems for others ..... that was a professional job!

So, you may have a new business!