ATeam

Retired Expediter
<snip>

>But as I apologized for my comments and did this without
>being asked to do so, I still would like to know. I didn’t
>post to antagonize you or poke fun but to prompt you to tell
>us to stop the messing around - as you can say for your
>benefit.

I never saw the post you mention, which I assume was removed by you or a moderator. No harm. No foul. As to what you want to know, I don't know what that is, since I did not see the post. Regarding the truck, my position remains unchanged. I'll not confirm or deny details about it until there is a truck on the road to talk about.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Man oh man what are you building? Why is it such a secret?Most of us here share info good and bad in order to help each other not to make expensive mistakes.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
>I reread it as well as a host of others, and the same
>conclusion was drawn.
>
>Here it is again.
>=============================

DaveKC, you did again exactly what is unfair to do. You quoted me out of context and twisted my words to mean something I did not mean, and that no fair-minded reader would think I meant. When you quoted me, you left out a key fact...the date of the post. You did not post the link to the qoute, which showed the date. You separated the words of the quote from the date and posted the words here. Naughty! naughty!

The link to the quote is http://www.expeditersonline.com/dcforum/DCForumID1/3349.html#40

It is response number 40 to the thread. The date is November 6. The month to date figures I referenced were for the first 5 days in November. Fair minded readers would note that and most expediters would confirm that a hot streaks of a few days are not unusual.

So, my words are 100% true when quoted in their full context, and I stand by them. They are also NOT misleading since (as fair-minded readers would note) as I was quick to point out (four times in the space of a few paragraphs) that it would be inaccurate to extrapolate from the numbers I stated.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Give our readers some credit.
You post in question was wrote on Nov 2nd. Your partial retraction was not until Nov 6th, after being questioned on it.
Kudos to you however for the delayed explanation of your post and your self described "character flaws"

Lets keep this thread on truck building. You can PM me if you want to discuss your companies rates further.

Davekc
owner
21 years

muleteam1

Expert Expediter
My experience with spec'ing a D truck was more in the delivery rather than spec'ing..Quite frankly in was a comedy of errors.The 05 T-300 was a nice truck 315 cummins with an Allison auto.The sleeper company was a joke,the box company ?? as though they had never done it before.. 4 times they had it back to get it right..Even the outfit that did the tag axle had to do it a second time to get it right.I made my first payment before I had the truck"In Service".. The first winter cost me $2000.00 in thaw out costs.Come to find out the sleeper people crushed the fuel lines while installing the 96" sleeper consequently the fuel return was not working and even with Howes by the quart, my tanks would gel..I must add that the sleeper folks would'nt stand behind their errors.It isn't their policy to pay for their inferior workmanship.They flooded my floors due to no sealing of the plumbing,they forgot to check the wiring and had failed to tighten the screws to the fuse box.I permitted them to convince me to go "ProHeat" even though I really had no interest in that product.I trusted these people to know their game..MISTAKE !!
Later I learned that these sleeper people only sell and install the product but do not service the product.Thats where the money is "sell and install" Service is an expense to them so why deal with that!!!
I had good luck with a "Jeff Jones Special" so it was easy to use the same vendors.Unfortunately,my experience was a disaster.I'll always buy Kenworth but any truck I will buy in the future will not see those vendors again...My $38,000.00 sleeper was in fact merely a bunk,The $9500.00 box cost me $15,000.00 which includes the down time.The "tag axle",what can I say to that but they followed suit with the sleeper and Box companies..
This isn't a bash but a warning.When you think your new truck is ready,give yourself some time for the shakeout.Once you're "IN Service"the last thing you need is another month of downtime..
muleteam1