Some patients won't see nurses of different race

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
LOL!! What ever you want!

I can tell you one thing, you would not do well on my wife's ambulance. She was crew captain, I was EMT/Driver. She would slap anyone bald headed that endangered a patient's life, even me! :eek: I knew enough to behave. :p

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I didn't endanger the patient's life. The patient...in this case, the patient's father chose to endanger their own life through stupidity. Nothing new about that. Sucks to be an idiot...or child of one! Lol

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
The original Hippocratic Oath is largely inadequate to address the realities of a medical world that has seen huge scientific, economic, political, and social changes, a world of legalized abortion, physician-assisted suicide, and pestilences unheard of in Hippocrates' time. In an environment of increasing medical specialization, should physicians of such different stripes swear to a single one-size-fits-all oath? With governments and health-care organizations demanding patient information as never before, how can a doctor maintain a patient's privacy, which the original oath demands? Are physicians morally and ethically obligated to treat patients with such lethal new diseases as the Ebola virus? AIDS? Hemorrhagic Fever?

Funny you should mention that ...

Doctors rewrite Hippocratic oath - News - The Independent

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, the patients bill of rights was killed by Obama care. Doctors and patients will not have control of care issues, the government will.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Considering the sorce its clearly the separatist government propaganda B.S..
Lets face it if the population is getting along or at least trying too our fuher and his croneys will start the issue.

Besides everyone knows ALL RACISTS ARE :censoredsign:GOTS no mater youre race, or youre hatred of.

Bob Wolf

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
BTW its not a slam on gays.
Im making it a point to offend the racist propagandist with extreme prejudice.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
How can you state that you have never once heard of it, and then in the same paragraph show examples of where you actually encountered it? :D

'It' refers to requests based on skin color. Gender based requests are acceptable, same as gender based bathrooms are, but skin color is not. Religious affiliation is not. Ethnic heritage is not. Perceived sexual preference [amazing how many men assume male nurses are gay] is not.
I recall several incidents where the shoe was on the other foot, though, when some gangbangers - er, assault victims who'd been guilty of nothing but minding their own business, appeared to enjoy treating the nurses who weren't black like personal servants, with constant requests for snacks, drinks, 'fluff my pillow', etc.
We just made sure those patients had a black nurse - problem solved.
:rolleyes: