So you want a tattoo huh

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Nice tat Streakin!!
This is "one" of hubby's tat's...a good story as well. The "detail" doesn't show in the pic, but it is a really good tat.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 31

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
Nice tat Streakin!!
This is "one" of hubby's tat's...a good story as well.

Love how the dragon is integrated into the Ying & Yang!

I have kicked around the idea of starting a thread on EO about member tats, but wasn't sure if anyone would really respond. So thanks Leo for getting it started.:D

As expediters for different expedite carriers, it would be interesting to hear what the carrier policies are regarding contractor's tats. Is your carrier against drivers having tats or not? Are you required to keep your tats covered whenever in the carriers uniform or at the carriers customer? What if anything does your carrier find as an offensive tattoo?

It would also make for interesting reading to have the members that are willing, to share the stories and meanings behind their tats. I'm sure there are more than a few good ones out there!

In my case, I waited until I was 53 years old before I got my first tat. I currently have two (both half sleeves). My Midnight Angel tat was my first but may be a bit to risque to post here, even though she also falls under the catagory of nude art. My tats represent events or life stories in my life. My next is going to be of my father on his 1957 Harley Sportster motorcycle. It will have his first name and his birth year and the year he passed.

I was born in 1956 and Harley Davidson introduced this bike in 1957. Being a motorcycle enthusiast, my dad had to by one that same year. I all but grew up on the back of that Sportster. Many a trip was made from the house in Fort Lauderdale, FL to the Port Everglades docks, or the banks of the New River, or an area rock pit to go fishing with my dad. I would ride on the back with fishing poles in one hand and a tackle box and bait in the other. So many great times growing up was spent fishing with dad and the Harley Sportster that got us to those wonderful places. My new tat will honor both and be a great reminder for me of great times past in my life!

How about it folks, other stories?

Last edited:

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Interesting question...I have no idea what our carrier thinks about tattoos, the subject hasn't come up. For hubby, he loves the tat's he has, each has a special meaning, but they are placed so that he can cover them, that's old school thinking. I have no trouble with tattoos, but I don't really like seeing them on faces, necks, etc. I have a tat myself, but it's only seen if "I" want it to be seen.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Like Streak's, my tattoo is a reminder that means something to me. Like Pel's, it's only seen if I choose to show it. The only thing interesting about mine is that I got it nearly 30 years ago. [And I was sober, lol]
No regrets! ;)

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I don't regret any of mine. I only got when I was dunk, and it is the weird little tribal thing but I don't regret. I'm just going to incorporate it into something I like.

Attachments

• left arm.jpg
    left arm.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 18
  • right arm.jpg
    right arm.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 16
  • cross tattoo.jpg
    cross tattoo.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 17
  • bulldog tattoo.jpg
    bulldog tattoo.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 17
  • back of legs.jpg
    back of legs.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 17

Angil82

Seasoned Expediter
Hmm.. I currently have two, neither of which that you can see unless I want to show you. But anyway, I need someone that can draw to draw me my third one!?! I have what I want, just want it to be original. So, if anyone can draw, get in touch with me..

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
She got off lucky. There have been similar episodes in which the Japanese or Chinese tattoo artist inked "tiny p****" onto an unwitting customer.

Not sure if that word would get posted, so I munged it.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
I have a picture of what I want done but need to find someone who can do people really well. Any suggestions in the Michigan area?

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
Hmm.. I currently have two, neither of which that you can see unless I want to show you. But anyway, I need someone that can draw to draw me my third one!?! I have what I want, just want it to be original. So, if anyone can draw, get in touch with me..

Both of my current tats are originals (not from tattoo flash images). Both of my tattoo artist took my ideas and drew them by hand to create the tat. A good tattoo artist is good with both pencil and a needle.

I got my Midnight Angel done at Strokers Ink in Dallas, TX which is in with Strokers bike shop. My Seminole Wind was done at a local tattoo shop where we live. He will be doing my next tat.

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
She got off lucky. There have been similar episodes in which the Japanese or Chinese tattoo artist inked "tiny p****" onto an unwitting customer.

OK, with that said I'm gonna go for broke here and will probably get deleted! LOL

As I said before, Midnight Angel was my first and was done at a biker's tattoo shop (Strokers Ink Dallas, TX). Into the tat shop the wife and I went with idea in hand and my artist said no problem. Give me thirty minutes to sketch her up. If you want, you can go next door the Strokers Ice House and down a few. I'll come get you when I'm ready.

A few Tequila shots chased by a rum and coke or two later (for pain killers) I was ready to go under the needle for the first time. A few hours later I was the proud new bearer of a custom tat. I loved it and the meaning behind her. She acknowledges a very special person in my life that not only was my Midnight Angel during the darkest time in my life, this person was the same for many in their darkest moments for many years in a past job carreer.

Anyway, when we were able to see more clearly the next morning my wife discovered something in Angel's bangel (arm bracelet). OMG!!! We both about fell out laughing. Back to Strokers Ink we went. The artist reaction was the same as ours. OMG!!! Claims it was'nt planned but rather just how it came together as he was drawing the scroll work in the bangel.

Have I changed it? Heck no! Makes for fun conversation after seeing the person's initial reaction. I think I'll just continue to have fun with it! :p What can I say, I like my girls! LOL

Alright ya'll, stop being shy. We know you got stories to go with your tats. If I can tell the Angel's suprise bangel story, surely some of you can fess up and tell yours! Be a sport and let us all laugh with you. Its good for the heart. doctor says so! ;)

Attachments

• Midnight Angel Tat.jpg
    Midnight Angel Tat.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Ya bunch of low life tattoo'd freaks... I swear what kind of ...

ahem...

ok.. I might have a couple (hush Linder!) :cool:

I have a good friend who runs a shop, and does most of my work. We make fun of people all the time who get "Asian Symbols" without proper research.

It would take several pics to show mine, but here's a few shots to give an idea.. I have a half sleeve (left forearm) almost complete.. plus others. Left arm is 'Faith and Family" theme.... Including a steel cross, thorned wristband, various elements that represent family members, etc...latest is a pocket watch with a train face, and broken hands, (freshly inked in pic)..right arm is "Patriotic and stuff I like" LOL.. the one here is a traditional eagle shredding out thru skin, with flag 'under the skin' showing thru, (with Bible Verse of course!)..

I usually throw on a long sleeved shirt at customer's, being aware of how some people perceive heavily tattoo'd folks.

Dale

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
Ya bunch of low life tattoo'd freaks... I swear what kind of ...

ahem...

ok.. I might have a couple (hush Linder!) :cool:

I usually throw on a long sleeved shirt at customer's, being aware of how some people perceive heavily tattoo'd folks.

Dale

Stop, you're killing me Dale! "Tattoo'd Freaks" Thats right and don't forget it! LOL

Really cool tats you got!

Same here with the sleeved shirts and customers here.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
I have gotten work done at Splash of Color in East Lansing. Most recent work has been down in FL by a guy who is working in Jacksonville. When we get a chance we will put some of ours up. Nick has 3 and I have 15.

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
The tiki is a cover up in progress. It covers an old tribal band that turned out bad, was 19 when I got it. The Tiki is completely free handed, so there will be none like it, have about 8 hours into it now with probably 10 more hours of work to go. There will be alot more work that will surround the tiki turning it into a half sleeve with some of it coming on my chest and shoulder blade.

The cross is for both of my grand dads. The top name is Nicolae, the bottom is Ioan, which is my first and middle name, also my grand dads names.

Jenny's feet are tattoo'd with sparrows. A sparrow is a symbol of finding your true love. A sparrow is different from most birds, when they find their soul mate they stay with them until their lives end. Sparrows are also know for traveling great distances, but always return home.

Attachments

• tattos 006.jpg
    tattos 006.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 8
  • tattos 004.jpg
    tattos 004.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 8
  • tattos 003.jpg
    tattos 003.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 9
  • tattos 007.jpg
    tattos 007.jpg