So have I understood this correctly from reading old posts?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I thought somewhere you asked about being an employee of an expedite company, but I can't find the post. Below is a link to an expedite company that runs company equipment. I don't know much about them other than I have seen them on the road and they have terminals in Chicago, Rockfish, Milwaukee and other midwest cities.

Straight Shot Express
Haha, you called it 'Rockfish'! :D

Apologies to all for derailing the thread - I can't ignore a smear, it's a character flaw.
Back to your regularly scheduled discussion. :)

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Haha, you called it 'Rockfish'!

You know I've always called it Rockfish. When I was a kid I watched the "Rockford Files". Isaac Hayes made a couple of appearances as a character named Gandolf Fitch. He addressed Jim Rockford as Rockfish.

carmi777

Seasoned Expediter
Hey Moot, yeah I was asking about doing expedite but as company driver. Only reason really is I like the security of having a company standing behind/responsible to make sure my van/truck are maintained as opposed to an individual who may not have the financial resources for maintenance (or just too cheap). Secondly, the security of knowing that I will be paid. The idea of getting health insurance at a cheaper rate than on my own is also appealing. I still want to OTR expedite, just that I'd prefer company driver than for an individual (not a deal breaker though - just a preference).

I like the idea behind your post Zero3Nine. Money is not my absolute number one criteria for deciding between van vs. truck (obviously I want to be able to eat and live), but want to actually enjoy it and have fun. Zero3Nine, it sounds like you're actually not miserable out there-kinda enjoying it. Like the freedom of the van but comfort of truck. Van can be specked out though creatively. If the money difference isn't drastic, and if I'd enjoy expediting in a van more, then the money loss would be worth it. Though while I drive someone elses vehicle, I'll probably go truck because one thing you all taught me from reading old posts:
YOU CANT MAKE MONEY DRIVING SOMEONE ELSES VAN! lol...I know I know.

So....I know who the bottom feeders are in the 18wheeler traditional trucking world, but who are they in expedite? I think I sort of figured it out looking at old posts, but it's not that clear really, so.......who are they? tell me tell me...lol

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Carmi, take a look at who advertises here...carriers...no matter what some people think and what might even be true, do you really think that the site can afford to let people bad mouth the carriers that support the site???

Ask for PM's and you might get some info, but the chances of those names appearing in the "open forum' is pretty slim....