Slowing down?

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Anyone think its slowing down now as far as runs go?

Well, don't know how it is with everyone else but we have sat for 5 out of the past 7 days. So far no load for this week-end either. Means we will be sitting for 8 out of 10 days. 1181 miles for the week. Hmmmmm Not Good! :eek:

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
last 2-3 weeks have been slow.seem's like it slowed down after the 12 new trucks came over from tri-state.hmmmmmmmmm

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
We have seen pretty consistent numbers for the last few weeks. We have actually been short of trucks and had to broker more loads out to other carriers than usual to support our customers. I think it is going to be pretty steady through the end of the year. January is the great unknown!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Not to brag, but it's nice to be home for a bit. They've been running us ragged! Just about every load came the same day we've dropped... with the exception of Jacksonville.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
ok after reading what has been posted i took a look....

the last 2 months the 29th to the 29th (60 days, used those dates because i haven't run the 1900 miles from Nogales to Grand Rapids yet), out of service 8 days and home on a few nights to sleep in my bed after dropping freight within 100 miles of home....

37 runs, 18954 miles i have no complaints....oh and the last week (7 days 21st to the 28th) 4 runs, 4783 miles....again no complaints...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We have been running nice and steady. 3-5 runs per week and they have all been paying pretty darn good. We have no complaints.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, don't know how it is with everyone else but we have sat for 5 out of the past 7 days. So far no load for this week-end either. Means we will be sitting for 8 out of 10 days. 1181 miles for the week. Hmmmmm Not Good! :eek:

It is a shame your owners moved ya from 3State....hope the owners can make enough from the sweetheart deal they got on the mileage bonus to make the move payoff....:cool:

Reactions: 1 person

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
It is a shame your owners moved ya from 3State....hope the owners can make enough from the sweetheart deal they got on the mileage bonus to make the move payoff....:cool:

Have no idea what deal your speaking of OVM? All I know is that we were kicking miles with TS. :eek:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Have no idea what deal your speaking of OVM? All I know is that we were kicking miles with TS. :eek:

I didn't think you did...:cool:

Lets just say the bonus is about 7% for every loaded mile you run....

I guess that is why Cargo van rates were cut about 11% to pay for it..:(

Last edited:

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
Well over all Oct was slower than Sept for us. We did less calls for the month and most of those that did come through were short runs so not a lot of miles. Seemed most of our customers were dealing with next door rather than down the highway. It was to the point I had the s/t doing 1 box loads just to give it some miles and earn something.
Rob

sockhat

Seasoned Expediter
Ran 2000 mi so far this wk. Hoping to get called out yet today. Since 1st of sept have avg 2200-3000 mi wk in our cargo van. Bolt express has been good to us so far.