slow loads?

merkurfan

Expert Expediter
Got ya on the printer friendly part..

The awnsers to your questions is both are yes. It is only updated once a day at a super secrect time, and your only allowed to use it once in a 24 hour period midnight to midnight.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Dave, the 8 macro doesn't show all of the locations in range... don't know why. This morning we dropped off in NH and the computer wanted us to go to Albany (200+ miles for $33 HAHAHAHA YEAH RIGHT!!!). I did an 8 macro for 300 miles and Albany didn't even show up.

Also, dispatch and contractor relations told me the computer is usually off on its info. So it's better to call in and ask about individual cities. I ask 3 things... how many trucks? how many teams? and how much freight has come out of that area? Usually they'll tell me the freight count for the last 5 days or a daily avg.

T-hawk

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I'm just guessing, but Panther took out a HUGE chunk from our first settlement. All those fees for physical and drug tests add up. Figure he also had 40% advance and that knocks it down to what he got.

merkurfan

Expert Expediter
They told you that kind of info?!?!?!??!

Last time I tried to get a dispatcher to tell me anything like that they told me "do what the computer tells you" or "we have to tell you to follow what the computer tells you" or "they won't let us tell you things like that, it is best to follow the computers suggestions"

I have got empty move offers that are as insane as that, I turn them down too.

On this issue of slow loads, unless something changes I do think today is going to be my first week day with out a load :(

Panther also gobbled a HUGE part of my first check. Call contractor relations and get access to the owner/op site of panthers site. You'll get a breakdown of all the fees and credits. If your a driver for a owner you'll have to get the info from the owner.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Merkur, I found if you're specific about what info you want, they'll tell you almost anything. If I'm looking to empty move, I'll run 3 or 4 possibilities through them to find where the loads and trucks are. Sometimes I'll ask if there's anything booked in advance within a couple hundred miles, and once in awhile I can get a load that way... though it's usually picking up after a weekend.

T-hawk

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Also, dispatch and contractor relations told me the computer is usually off on its info. So it's better to call in and ask about individual cities. I ask 3 things... how many trucks? how many teams? and how much freight has come out of that area? Usually they'll tell me the freight count for the last 5 days or a daily avg.

T-hawk

They are times when they are off. It is better to call to get up to date information.
The macro 8 does give you general information, but not enough to base most empty moves.
Davekc
owner
20 years

dieseldoctor1

Expert Expediter
In reference to the computer wanting to move you to places not on marco 8. Sometimes customers will call in to dispatch say on Monday and tell them that Thursday we are planning on having x number of loads going out and would like to have the trucks available. This is another reason that sometimes it will move you to a place where marco 8 shows Panther only gets 1 load a day and you are fifth in line when you get there. A customer has prewarned Panther that they are going to need x number of tucks and the computer is trying to have them available. I have found the relocation very reliable. I'm guessing about 95% of the time I get a load the same day I move. If they want you there enough to pay you then you can pretty well figure you will get something. Theres no gaurentee it will be a good load but thats part of this game. This is a game isn't it? lol. Have a good day!
Dieseldoctor

PS Can't believe I'm giving away all my secrets to staying busy! lol But that's what friends are for. Right?