Slow Freight IVX....

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Falligator wrote:

Save your money...if it ain't free, you shouldn't be doin it if you are so short on cash that you are about to go behind on your truck payment....:rolleyes:

Hey Dennis, have you put a big screened TV in your MAX yet???:D
You can get a 3 or 4G Panasonic put a wireless card on it and stream it from your lap top. I have Dish at home and paid for an up grade on the tuner and now get everything on my laptop I get at home then stream it to the tv. I figured with all the room you have in the max you might like that idea.
I just did it for my driver and when I get mine I'll do it there as well.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
purgoose wrote:

Hey Dennis, have you put a big screened TV in your MAX yet???

22inch flatscreen with a built in dvd player waitin to e installed...I still need to finish offthe interior before I do that, but it will be done before the Expo....the video card in my laptop is crap..I have to wait 6 minutes to watch a 3 minute you tube video, so there ain't no "streaming" done on my laptop...when the TV was in the CV, I watched dvd's from time to time, but i don't watch much TV at all....

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Still no miracle weekend load yeat, but this is the slowest week i've had in a long time. I guess we all need a slow week at times. I'm cool, gonna chill out and enjoy nature for a while before the busy week comes next week!!

Freight is popping up all over, just in the wrong areas for me! It's like whack-a-mole, you gotta be in the right area to hit the golfer when it pops out of the hole. I gotta get rolling soon, i'm saving up for a box truxk so I can join the Load 1 guys, and I do Canada too!! lol.

vanman10

Expert Expediter
I posted a few weeks ago how slow it was for me, I have been busy every since. :)

As already posted; If you control your spending, know your operating cost (cpm), stay available, take those short loads once in a while and hit the road hard when the loads are plentiful, you will be just fine during the slow times. You may even relax and have a life.

Be safe out there.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Shawn you should have been on the conf call may 21. They laidout how it would go for e-1. Expectations were for a pu mid June. Will that happen? Have. You stopped turning down shorties when you are the only truck around? We started Sunday and had shorties all week. Total 900 miles then got a 1000 miler ought of is to ga. You never know what comes after a short load.
Taking everything offered. Yeah Chef...gonna stick it out here at the J. May go to the Petro down the road and watch a movie or something, not sure. Might rent one from Redbox. Other than that, If I am called I will be taking whatever is offered.

yayashas

Seasoned Expediter
Good weak for me aftet 3 weak brake more than 2k already plus another load delivering mon
Posted with my Droid EO Forum App