sitting van

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Not sure why ya post this but it sounds like you may suspect something is wrong??
In which case contacting Panter directly may get the needed help faster..Just a thought.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
I no longer talk with pp just seeing if a fleet owner is missing a van that I seen here 2 weeks ago now i'm back and its still sitting

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Hopefully its just a extended vaction for someone and nothing serious..
Kinda sounds like a reason for concern..Hope all is well.
I know its a scary thought but did ya peek inside?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I know things are slow,but wouldn't Panther be looking for a guy in service that hasn't answered a call in two weeks ?
And couldn't they find the van with the QC ?
If it's in a public place then it may be a driver that lives nearby or a fleet owner that lost his storage.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
it also may be the fleet owner that owes me $ and I might be able to recover some of it lol

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Be careful. If you "forgot to take it back" check to see if you are doing anything illegal.
As wrong as it sounds, the fact that he owes you MAY not give you the right to keep it.
$100 to Lawyer may save you headaches down the road.
Or buy a desk Sargent some donuts.
Someone smarter than me please chime in.
And let us know if you are speaking of things you THINK or things you KNOW.

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
He could be in some dangerous territory. Lot of places to go but with limited information it is too hard to comment.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
hey i'm not touching it just checking if somebody has lost it and if they owe me money they will have to give me it befor I tell them were its at if they don't then i'll tell them for free

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Hey John, Good News: here's the $800 I owe you.
Bad News: you'll be making license plates for the next 18 months.

Seriously,you need a legal opinion here.
There's only one real lawyer (that I am aware of ) on the site but I don't think she dispenses legal advice here.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I can see his point...if he is being completely honest about the situation. As Zorry said...if he wasn't the last driver of that van, he likely has no issue.

If somebody owed me money and I happened to find a piece of their missing property, I would make 'em the same offer. They sure wouldn't get the info before I got my money.

If he was the last driver and never returned the van....then, it's an entirely different story.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The likely scenerio is the owner just reports it stolen and files an insurance claim. Then the recovery becomes the police and the insurance company. Insurance company isn't going to care who is owed what other than they want their money for the claim. If you are owed money, there is a legal way to address that. Auto/vehicle theft wouldn't be on that list.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I no longer talk with pp just seeing if a fleet owner is missing a van that I seen here 2 weeks ago now i'm back and its still sitting
If you have a QC with GPS positioning, then you've probably just told him where it's at, anyway. <shrug>

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Is "sitting van" the new Native American terminology for cargo van drivers?

My name is sitting van and my friend's name is running straight!

Last edited by a moderator: