Shower Items

ihamner

Expert Expediter
I left my shower bag at home the last time we were there and it was a good reminder of the things I love in my shower bag since I had to buy more!

Coco suggested something that has helped me a lot. She suggested getting a little suction cup container usually in the linen section of the store. Also if you get the little plastic containers to put your shampoo and shower gel in they fit right in the suction cup container.

This container will stick right to the wall of the shower and you don't have all those containers sitting on the floor - I hate that!! The other advantage is that you don't have to carry in such a heavy bag each time. Just refill the little bottles as needed. Trust me - it will save your shoulder when you are walking back and forth to the shower.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
India that is the pits you left your shower bag at home as that is really a lot of money to replace!

I do not remember reading about the suction cups idea but that is really a good thought that Coco posted.

I hate to buy the small items as they are so high priced so we like you just refill our small bottles. I also spread out a towel on the floor to put my shower items on how much easier a little shelf holder would work! Nice

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Diane and I have found camping stores like REI, Gander Mountain and Cabela's to be good sources for small rugged bottles, toiletry bags and other such items. These products are made for backpack, canoe and wildneress use. They are the real deal. Stuff sold at Camping World for RV campers is lame in comparison.

guido4475

Not a Member
You all may laugh at this one,but i carry my own shower head with me.How many times have I went to use the shower and the flow/stream is less than a squirt bottle? I take the water saver feature out of mine.and it only takes a few seconds to change, most of them are hand tight.Which leads me to believe more drivers are doing this.I also carry a small pair of channel locks, and a 1/2" nipple for the pilot shower-head types.place the original shower head next to your wallet so you dont forget to replace it back to the way you've found it. it only takes a minute to do.After all,a good shower is a happy shower!!!And it makes for a happy driver!!! Happy showering!!!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
While you are at it, guido, could we get you to tighten up all those toilet seats that are mounted loose on the toilets?

guido4475

Not a Member
And that raises another gripe of mine.Where have all of the toilet seat covers gone?I use those to put my foot on while putting on my socks.I tried once to use the toilet seat without a lid, needless to say, my foot slipped into the toilet bowl. Not a pleasent experience.And what kind of idiot puts the toilet paper dispensers a foot away from the floor? A midget? And who tightens the toilet paper roll so tight that you only are able to tear off perferated piece by piece.What a pain that is.Just a few pet-peeves of mine.And dont even get me started on the lack of hooks in the shower room or toilet stalls.Maybe I'll start carrying those around with me also.

kinilu57

Expert Expediter
Certain people stand on the toilet lids to go to the bathroom and it eventually breaks them. If ya ever see shoe prints on the toilet seats, that is why. At my cousin's place of employment, they had to have a meeting, to discuss the proper way to use a toilet... UNREAL.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Standing on the lid? Oooookkk....is that so that they can P in the sink? :eek:

We must be strange...one ditty bag for ALL our stuff...shampoo, conditioner, razors, cologne, deodorant, powder, nail brush, toothpaste, tooth brushes etc.

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
yea, really. this one i gotta hear. and with the fancy high-dollar truck you have, phil, you mean you cant afford some pliers? lol.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I own a pair of pliers but feel no urge to crawl down behind truck stop toilets to put them to use.

I wonder sometimes, would life on the road be better if every trucker was required to work for one day as a truck stop janitor?

guido4475

Not a Member
I am sure that they have some interesting stories to share (janitors). That is why i do my best to leave the room where I took a shower in as neat and clean as possible.And if the room was clean,and the attendant was helpful,I do not hesitate to leave a $5.00 bill on the counter as I leave. They work hard for their money, so I feel they should be rewarded for their effort accordingly. The same goes with waitresses and whoever works on my truck.

mypie

Seasoned Expediter
OK, you guys think you got it bad . . . here is an example of just why I prefer the J's to other truck stops.

They have a female truck driver bathroom. It seems that if you need to use the public washroom (where all the 4 wheelers go) there is a tendancy for them to pee all over the seat in an effort to not catch anything. Of course, these are the same pottys that don't have any seat covers in the seat cover dispenser! I say . . . if you're gonna pee like a man (standing up) then you should also lift the seat! The private female washrooms for drivers only are treated more like a washroom you would find in someone's home.

And, Pilot! Why in the world would anyone put the toilet paper dispenser at knee level! Try to sit and spread just once with it there!