Shower in the truck

ihamner

Expert Expediter
I mentioned one time before (a couple of years ago) about these shower cloths to use in the truck. There are times we are places where we either wouldn't dare take a shower in a truck stop (see discussion on the General Forum) or where we are sitting for a night where there isn't a shower available. The cloths are called Comfort Bath Ultra thick premoistened washcloths. They contain Aloe and Vitamin E. You heat them in the microwave for a refreshing quick shower.

We purchase them at Wal-Mart and no other brand of these are as good as this brand. They are made by a company called Sage.

We also keep some waterless shampoo in the truck. We found this at Sally's Beauty Supply and it is perfect for the "in between" shower.

There is never a reason for Expediters (or any drivers for that matter) to go around dirty. This is a quick solution for the time between showers.

Raise your hand for cleanliness. Until I was almost grown I thought the saying "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" was in the Bible! :)

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
that's good to know. I have researched the waterless
shampoo but it had to be ordered and I never got any. Does it
work pretty good? I will be making a stop by Sally's .
I'm going to Walmart in a day or so and will also look for the
cloths. We have baby wipes etc but you just need a little
something more.

Thanks for the information.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
The waterless shampoo does a pretty good job. You'll still want to wash your hair when you have a chance but this will get you by for a few days. We keep it on hand in the truck.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We bought the washcloths after you suggested them last time India and they are so much better then Wet Ones! You really feel so refreshed after warming up the clothes almost as good as a shower. I have not tried the shampoo either on us but I do use the shampoo on Molly every once in awhile. She does not appreciate it much but she sure does smell better.

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
Used those wash cloths after I had knee surgery and couldn't take a shower for 4 or 5 weeks. They were GREAT!! Nuke them in the reactor and they were even better. Some body above mentioned there is no reason for any trucker to smell gamey. With these cloths there is absolutely no reason.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I've looked for these cloths and can't find them. :( India, what section of Walmart? In the health and beauty side? Baby wipe area? Help?

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Back in the pharmacy area near the personal items like Depends and female products. Ask at the pharmacy area if you can't locate them. Get several packages at the time so you won't have to look each time. ;-)

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
You should get one of those camping water bladders that are for taking showers in the woods. The drill a hole in the box a put in a drain. j/k. I threatened to do it many times, but was never brave enough.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Walgreen, CVS and the other pharmacies have these, as well.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
I'm definately looking for those next time at Walmart. The waterless shampoo sounds like a great idea. I don't have straight hair that I can just brush when I get up and look good, and I don't think I look good in a hat, so that would probably help me a little. Silly, but there's been a time or two when stuck in the middle of nowhere that I leaned over my cleaning bucket and used a water jug to wash my face and hair over! Kind of hard to do but it did the trick. Of course, I have short hair so it was easier for me then someone with long hair. At least I wasn't embarrassed to be in public though.