September Location

transporter

Expert Expediter
ill look for it next time. i dont think ill go back to the detroiter. they are chasing expediters off out front. they obviuosly do not need my business.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
ill look for it next time. i dont think ill go back to the detroiter. they are chasing expediters off out front. they obviuosly do not need my business.
They have a special place for expediter van to park now. It's not as special as the little playpen in Ft Wayne, but it's not bad. It's back with the big trucks, all the way straight back to the wall that separates the Werner trucks from the other trucks. Don't go into the Werner playpen, but park along that front wall just in front of the playpen. The security guard at the big truck parking lot entrance will tell you where to park if you're not sure or if there aren't any other vans back there already.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Dakota wrote:

LOL, i see you have some insight into this age...Ive already been at this point, she has a 24 y/o sister...she had few guys that asked her out only one time, seem that each ine went to school after meeting "the parents" and told other guys that "her dad is nuts", clean several guns when they came over obviously made a big impression!! LOL, even after she was out of school and in college, her brother would run into guys that she went to school with, when they found out Brit and chris were related, more then a few told him his "Dad was crazy"....and he always agreed with them.....lol they things reputations are made of!!! :D

I don't have any kids but plenty of neices and nephews to borrow LOL from being around them I know teenage girls are really difficult:rolleyes:
Have you heard the song "Cleaning This Gun" by Rodney Atkins?

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
They have a special place for expediter van to park now. It's not as special as the little playpen in Ft Wayne, but it's not bad. It's back with the big trucks, all the way straight back to the wall that separates the Werner trucks from the other trucks. Don't go into the Werner playpen, but park along that front wall just in front of the playpen. The security guard at the big truck parking lot entrance will tell you where to park if you're not sure or if there aren't any other vans back there already.

That playpen in Fort Wayne is to protect the truck drivers from the crazy van expeditors:D;):p

aileron

Expert Expediter

Haven't been there in a while, so, do they want us to pay to park there?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Naaa. They moved out the long term parkers out front to leave room for the RVers. And ya can't park by the restaurant anymore. Both because it's now an Ihop restaurant. The big trucks, I'm not sure what the deal is on paying, how much fuel to park for free, but the vans don't have to pay anything to park back there.

The first time I was there after their makeover I saw the signs in the former expediter area that said RV Parking and Permit Parking Only, so I went in and asked them what kind of permit I needed, told them I was in a cargo van. They said no permit, but they've moved the van expediter parking to the back along that wall. I asked how much it was gonna cost and they said vans don't have to pay. Every time I've been there since, three times, the security guard at the booth just waves when I go by. I go straight back in there to the back, turn left and then pull in backwards towards the wall.

The "wall" is a line of those concrete barriers like you see dividing lanes in a construction zone. There's a gap in the line where the Werner trucks go to the very back of the lot, but you want to park in front of that wall.

youngsamuel

Seasoned Expediter
Penns Grove, NJ Flying J. Load postponed until Monday AM. Hotels are $20 extra per night due to race weekend. Oh well I am saving money for a generator anyhow.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Fort Wayne, NO
Detroiter I dunno:D

In Turtles post he said NO pay at the Detroiter....

on the west side of 75 across the way on the north side of West Av...besides the Shell is Millies...great breakfast, not expensive, friendly service and truck parking in back!

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
There IS a Panera bread in Monroe. There are also many GOOD places to eat!! ANYTIME anyone is near there drop me a PM and if I am online I will direct you to places that you might enjoy!!

Isn't Monroe near Dundee? Cabela's is there Good Sandwiches:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is about 25 miles from the TA in Monroe to Cabela's. They have good sandwhiches but I no longer deal with them since they "stuck it in my ear" a few years back. Michigan Bar and Grill is MUCH closer and has MUCH better food. There is also Joe's French/Italian nearby and, if you are looking for a bit higher end dinner, try the Frog Leg Inn in Erie. The is a Panera Bread for those who have a fixation for that and a good Italian place right next door, DolceVita.