September Location

moose

Veteran Expediter
It pays to be friendly and talk to your customers, my delivery said they had something going back to Michigan not sure if Ceva was gonna get it, so I called up my dispatcher and now I have that load to deliver tommorow morning in Michigan. Downside is that it is a van load so pays less, but it's alot better then driving back to Indiana on my own dime

A prime example how you can run a ST on a van rate !!!
Good job .

jrcarroll

Expert Expediter
Problem with that is I have to log and I drive a daycab so I need a motel receipt, also I cannot sleep in the cab too darn tall.

It pays to be friendly and talk to your customers, my delivery said they had something going back to Michigan not sure if Ceva was gonna get it, so I called up my dispatcher and now I have that load to deliver tommorow morning in Michigan. Downside is that it is a van load so pays less, but it's alot better then driving back to Indiana on my own dime
I am so very happy right now:D:cool:
I'm outta here

:D Sounds like you finally hit the jackpot! Way to go..

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Monday afternoon, I got a load from NorthWest Arkansas, going back to Urbana, Ohio...740 loaded miles, looks like another good week on hand so far...:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Worked out very well, will be in Dallas Tx by 8am so now when you head to Albert Lea you should be all alone.
Unfortunately I'll be flying solo for 4 more weeks...I go directly to Minni.St Paul when single.

I'll be in Sauk Center tomorrow again....

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are at the Pilot in Kannapolis, NC just a bit north of Charlotte. We have a load tomorrow headed towards Jackson, MS. It seems that getting by Atlanta may just be a real trick. Flooding has many roads closed in that area.

jrcarroll

Expert Expediter
We are at the Pilot in Kannapolis, NC just a bit north of Charlotte. We have a load tomorrow headed towards Jackson, MS. It seems that getting by Atlanta may just be a real trick. Flooding has many roads closed in that area.

:eek: I285 west side of Atlanta is closed as well as I20 west bound out of Atlanta, as of 6:45 tonight.

Loaded tonite for a drop tomorrow in Hixson, tn then off to Tampa for a drop there thursday

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
:eek: I285 west side of Atlanta is closed as well as I20 west bound out of Atlanta, as of 6:45 tonight.

Loaded tonite for a drop tomorrow in Hixson, tn then off to Tampa for a drop there thursday

Thanks for the info, I will check the GA web site before I leave. We don't pick up till 1500.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Delivered Mon AM in Auburn, Ma from Texas. Then onto NJ from MA. Will deliver in Louisville in the morn. A pretty good week, without the 60% of 60% crap, or, even the 60%. Y'all may wanna look into it, it makes this wayyy funner.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Dropped in Morehead Ky...now sitting at the Averett Terminal in Lexington waiting on another CV comin in on the "hook" to do a cross dock then deliver to the saturn plant in Springhill TN in the AM....he is 2 hrs out, so i am goin to get a nap....

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Only 239 Hotel nights to break even with a truck sleeper.

Well my average motel room stay per month is 3 or 4
and I can only have a truck up to 7 years old
so by my calculations I'd have to stay in a room 2.84 times a month, so I am right at the break even point at 3

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Why?

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

If you get stopped at the scales or by DOT you need proof of an overnight to be legal, at least in a daycab straight truck.
I cannot log sleeper time, since I don't have a sleeper

moose

Veteran Expediter
The only way you can Legally use line 2 ,
is if you have a DOT approved sleeper mounted in your truck.
otherwise ,if you using line one,you HAVE to show a hotel receipt (or another place- like home or a relative address) to prove that you had a place to get rested ,
or you cannot drive.

hz909

Seasoned Expediter
Dakota said:
If you get stopped at the scales or by DOT you need proof of an overnight to be legal, at least in a daycab straight truck

if you using line one,you HAVE to show a hotel receipt (or another place- like home or a relative address) to prove that you had a place to get rested ,
or you cannot drive.

Link please.