Say Hi to July

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
We pay $35 per week that's a group policy. ..in this buiss..you can never have enough insurance. .worked for a guy small independent. .he ran his sprinter into a bridge. ..2 broken legs..hip...and NO WC ..he couldn't work for over a year...just be careful. .and be prepared! !

Sent from my SM-G900V using EO Forums mobile app

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I really like Bill's "set aside funds" that he listed earlier. His checks have been flowing in for months now. That first hump is hard, and he would agree I think, that one can't lose sight of the fact that it is a business. Problems happen. Engines go. Spindles go. Etc.
Planning is surviving!!

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And Yes, I've been running for CRE a lot longer then anyone knows. Was sitting in Murray's garage having a smoke and a Pepsi and got a load while I was sitting with them at 9:30 at night. He bid stupid high because it was late and had been on the board for a while. He got it, so off I went. Big money that night and Murray didn't know this, but the consignee gave me a huge tip! They were desperate for the freight by morning.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I really like Bill's "set aside funds" that he listed earlier. His checks have been flowing in for months now. That first hump is hard, and he would agree I think, that one can't lose sight of the fact that it is a business. Problems happen. Engines go. Spindles go. Etc.
Planning is surviving!!

Exactly. ..why insurance is so important! !

I personally would increase the maintenance fund..

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We pay $35 per week that's a group policy. ..in this buiss..you can never have enough insurance. .worked for a guy small independent. .he ran his sprinter into a bridge. ..2 broken legs..hip...and NO WC ..he couldn't work for over a year...just be careful. .and be prepared! !

That's really not bad! Thought it would be a lot more. I'm under the impression that my wife's group health insurance would cover me if I got hurt. Never asked if they'd pay if I was on the job.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
That's really not bad! Thought it would be a lot more. I'm under the impression that my wife's group health insurance would cover me if I got hurt. Never asked if they'd pay if I was on the job.

Assumption is the mother of ALL FU$K ups..good luck

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
And Yes, I've been running for CRE a lot longer then anyone knows. Was sitting in Murray's garage having a smoke and a Pepsi and got a load while I was sitting with them at 9:30 at night. He bid stupid high because it was late and had been on the board for a while. He got it, so off I went. Big money that night and Murray didn't know this, but the consignee gave me a huge tip! They were desperate for the freight by morning.

Seems like that was a Dayton to Kansas or KC or something like that. And yes. It was stupid high. But you were rested and ready. That's key!!

Unclebob

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator

Your health insurance will pay for your medical bills but won't pay for lost income.

I've never collected on workers comp so I don't know how much they pay.

Something is better than nothing but I wouldn't count on a whole lot.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
We don't need haters.
Our guys rock it, hard!!
If they're not happy, we are unaware.
If they become unhappy I would hope they would discuss it with us.
If we can't "fix it" I would hope they would find a carrier that fixes it.
Our guys are on the TEAM!!
It's not BS. They're only a notch below family. 3 have been to our house. We still need to drag Nelson there.

What does that mean?? Don't need haters...let's be realistic & honest...Lots of #'s be thrown around...for a week here..week there..."even the sun shines on a dog's lazy azz once and awhile" as grandpa would say..you sound like a hell of a guy ..good plans lots of experience. ..but people might judge these few postings on a career move.. and #'s they see ..we all know this buiss is is a roller-coaster ride...How good does CRE do at moving in the SLOW SLOW times when the big guys gobble up all the bid freight to keep there 200+ vans moving??
Again i have been following you..I'm sure anyone on here has...you really seem like you and your wife have it together..and have the drive. ..I really do wish you the best of luck..it always great to see someone build something on the hard work...and on there own..

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
We don't need haters.
Our guys rock it, hard!!
If they're not happy, we are unaware.
If they become unhappy I would hope they would discuss it with us.
If we can't "fix it" I would hope they would find a carrier that fixes it.
Our guys are on the TEAM!!
It's not BS. They're only a notch below family. 3 have been to our house. We still need to drag Nelson there.

brutal.jpg.....Murray....no one is hating anywhere.....:0

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
10303757_776454865710206_5328182401729631431_n.jpg
................in Woodhaven...