Say Hi to July

guido4475

Not a Member
Scuses, scuses. Meanwhile........
1002. IL to TX. Now.
1004. TN to MO. Sat drop Mon. Dropped AL tonight.
1005. GA to MI. Now.

Best wishes for you and the other 50 trucks within 20 miles of you.
I feel for you guys. I wish we could make it easier to start with us.
Most weeks we have FUN!! Of course out guys are earning it!! They rock!!
Oh, 1003 is off this week. ;)

Sounds great! At what kind of rate and insurance cost?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ragman she wasnt here. She's at work and I didn't arrange a sitter. I asked to hold load down for 2-3 hours, but was not able to do that.

It was something random that popped up. I was suppose to be out of service this weekend anyway.

Last edited:

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
ImageUploadedByEO Forums1405800907.348911.jpgshe said no.

Some things are more important than good money. Monday is a start to new week to make up for that.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
That's great Jordan!!!! And how many weekdays did you just sit in Memphis? How many DH miles did you eat?
That's a good move! ;)

God knows our guys DH too. It happens. I will say that most of the DH mile % is when we just can't snag them one heading toward home when that's the target. I don't think I'm out of line saying that.

I sat 3 days and ate the mileage to go to bowling green shew, but $700 is $700 bucks lol

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My numbers this week. I started late Tuesday morning 15 miles from home and delivered near Dallas at 08:45 this Saturday morning. 3,031 total miles including loaded, DH, exploring and chasing for my favorite restaurants and truck stops.

For me, this is a very average week at CRE. A few worse, more then a few were better. And I never stay out more then one weekend away from home!

$2,650 Gross (rounded down)
-$75 insurance per week
-$687 fuel this week
-$140 weekly maintenance fund
($20 per day, every day even when sitting) Thats what I do!

That's profit of $1,748 almost completely tax free, in one week. After milage, per diem and other tax credits that I get, I pay very little to the tax man.

Maintenance fund totals over $7,280 annually. More then enough for the occasional front hub, alternator, starter, fluid changes, wipers, tires and even my engine swap.

If I bought a new Van/Sprinter type with no money down the payments would be about $650 a month plus $200 a month higher insurance. But, I'd be doing less repairs the first few years and have the potential for longer/taller loads at the higher Sprinter rates.

I'd have to increase my weekly maintenance fund to more like $250-$300 per week and hope to score a few better paying Sprinter loads to make up the difference.

You make money moving, sitting costs money in living expenses and erodes your profit daily because the payments, insurance and maintenance funds need to be fed first, before taking any profit. JMHO

So, I run more, sit less and somehow manage to bank money every week. And my van is paid off 8 months after I purchased it. Comments?? This should be interesting!

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
No health or workers comp insurance...that will bankrupt you really quick..and that's just 1 week..let's talk after 52..
Not bad #'s for a CV..

Sent from my SM-G900V using EO Forums mobile app

drifter

Expert Expediter
Yep i made 2000 dollars in 2 days with crossroads a couple of weeks ago..oh did I mention they were tx and Louisiana loads..no deadhead

Sent from my SPH-L720T using EO Forums mobile app

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Sounds like someone got ahold of the Chef Dennis Pom Pom's

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Always remember. .the rule of 1/3rd always applies..1/3 to the person ..1/3 to gas..1/3 operating..maintenance. .etc...what I have learned

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
We don't need haters.
Our guys rock it, hard!!
If they're not happy, we are unaware.
If they become unhappy I would hope they would discuss it with us.
If we can't "fix it" I would hope they would find a carrier that fixes it.
Our guys are on the TEAM!!
It's not BS. They're only a notch below family. 3 have been to our house. We still need to drag Nelson there.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No health or workers comp insurance...that will bankrupt you really quick..and that's just 1 week..let's talk after 52..
Not bad #'s for a CV..

First off, health insurance isn't an expense to the truck. You need that regardless of what your doing. And my wife's job helps with the health insurance and W/C isn't required by law in Wisconsin. I currently have the best health insurance I've ever had in my life. Unlimited $10 office visits, low copays and low annual deductibles.

Last edited:

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
First off, health insurance isn't an expense to the truck. You need that regardless of what your doing. And my wife's job helps with the health insurance and W/C isn't required by law in Wisconsin.

Easy..YOU put yourself out there and requested comments..
Of course it's an expense to the truck..the truck is you...
And for WC. sooo just because it is not required ...when you get hurt "on the job" ..and are off for let's say 2 months for a bad back...there's $0 in the profit column. ..and more medical bills..that will eat away @ your $$.
Because your going to be a responsible citizen ..and not fall back on us the taxpayers when the shiz hits the fan...when yourl are clearly making more than enough to afford it..

Last edited:

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
CRE is small enough to be focused on looking ahead to where your heading. I took a load from Charlotte NC to Florida, sat less then 18 hours and had a load out of Florida to a small city just outside Dallas. I had a load to Houston scheduled before I even delivered the Dallas. Then on that load down to Houston, Sally calls and says "get unloaded as quick as possible" we have one for immediate PU in Houston going direct to St Louis for a Saturday delivery. Did over $5,600 gross in 12days. Only was out one weekend before going home. Started on a Tuesday and was out the next weekend and home right after the St Louis delivery by Saturday afternoon.

Was heading to Laredo late last year, Murray booked me a load out of Laredo before I even got south of Dallas. Had to pickup the load going out before I even made my Laredo delivery. Hit Laredo, did the pickup, slept overnight, made my Laredo delivery in the morning and burned back out.

I've already left my home on a monday for a PU within 10 miles of home and delivered the next Friday within 3 miles of home. This doesn't happen every week, but more often then you would believe. Small carrier has more interest in each driver. We work on a percentage, if we run too cheap, CRE suffers with us. Because of shorties, and being on percentage, I've run van loads for $2-$3 per all miles.

Smartest move I ever made since becoming a van expediter in 2011.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Easy..YOU put yourself out there and requested comments..
Of course it's an expense to the truck..the truck is you...
And for WC. sooo just because it is not required ...when you get hurt "on the job" ..and are off for let's say 2 months for a bad back...there's $0 in the profit column. ..and more medical bills..that will eat away @ your $$.
Because your going to be a responsible citizen ..and not fall back on us the taxpayers when the shiz hits the fan...when yourl are clearly making more than enough to afford it..

You make a good point. I'll look into the WC. What's a ball park price on that? I'm covered by the health insurance if I get hurt and don't have WC. I did contact CIS and they don't offer loss of income insurance for vans.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Mt. Clemens MI to Denton TX.

Great finish to a great week.

Thanks Murray and Sally!

Bob, we love it when you guys wake up to loads!! You may even get to meet Bill in Denton, but God willing, he's long gone before you drop Monday morning!

Rest assured, Bill, if it fits on you you're first out!! That's how we roll!!

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm sitting in Denton TX right now. Got a room tonight and staying at the TA Sunday night unless I get a load.