Satellite communications

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That $35 includes the services that you get also, and the replacement if need be.....so you would still be paying the carrier for the services they provide.
Not entirely true. The $35 per week does cover any repair or replacement, which is no small benefit as these things are very expensive to repair.

Then again, it ain't my QC.

The "services" of which you speak all directly benefit the carrier, not the contractor, and any services that benefit the driver can be done cheaper by other means. The only way it benefits the driver is the QC allows the driver to better operate within the carrier's system. But there are no benefits to the driver that don't first and foremost benefit the carrier.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Not entirely true. The $35 per week does cover any repair or replacement, which is no small benefit as these things are very expensive to repair.

Then again, it ain't my QC.

The "services" of which you speak all directly benefit the carrier, not the contractor, and any services that benefit the driver can be done cheaper by other means. The only way it benefits the driver is the QC allows the driver to better operate within the carrier's system. But there are no benefits to the driver that don't first and foremost benefit the carrier.

Well you could start your own company and bring on drivers and provide QC for the drivers if you think you can do it any better than the big companies thats whats called competition instead of being here griping about it everyday and with that I will leave this thread to all you gripers have fun:D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Turtle wrote:

Chef Dennis wrote:

That $35 includes the services that you get also, and the replacement if need be.....so you would still be paying the carrier for the services they provide.

No where did I say it was a "benefit to the driver"...all i said was you will "still" be paying for that service....

In any event, you still only have whatever options the carrier will allow you to excerise....that is if you want to drive for them....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"No where did I say it was a "benefit to the driver""

Sure you did, right when you called it a service the carrier provides, for which the driver pays.

By definition, a service benefits whoever pays for it or whomever it is performed for. That's why it's called a service. It comes from servitude.

Since the QC service benefits the paying party only collaterally, and only within the scope of service to the carrier rather than of the carrier, it's more of a tax for the privilege of contracting with the carrier than it is a service.

The carrier pays Qualcomm for the service, and in a nice little industry standard racket, we in turn reimburse the carrier, plus a little extra to compensate them for their time and trouble. :D