Samsung phone

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Never missed a call with T-Mobile. I usually travel from Michigan to deep south, also Michigan to Kansas, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California and Nevada. No east coast, but I'm sure there's no problem at all.
T-Mobile cost me more in lost revenue from missed calls than in the actual up-front costs. I got lucky because they changed their data plan & I was able to cancel, but it would have been worth paying the escape fee regardless.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
I have the S3 and cannot find anything that I dislike about the phone. If you go to Samsung.com, they will give you a price they will pay for your old phones, mine was $170 for my S3 when I upgrade to the S4. Verizon is taking pre-orders for the S4 starting tomorrow......I should add that the S4 has a larger battery, although I'm satisfied with mine, the battery is removable, and it also has a quadcore processor.
Verizon?s Samsung Galaxy S4 Arrives in Stores May 30 for $199 After Rebate ? Droid Life

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
WV, what don't you like about the phone if anything?

Thanks

Just trying to use it with one hand sometimes, if I get a call why driving, or have to make a call, it can be a challenge sometimes. I woukd have probably got the S4 if it would have been available at time, but I dont plan on Upgrading wen the S4 comes out.

Last edited:

tknight

Veteran Expediter
WV, what happened to using a hands free, ya know your supposed to, so it's not a distraction and shouldn't be an issue!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Never missed a call with T-Mobile. I usually travel from Michigan to deep south, also Michigan to Kansas, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California and Nevada. No east coast, but I'm sure there's no problem at all.

I had t-mobile and that wasn't my experience at all. Near interstate or metro areas it was fine. Rural areas very bad. They might have improved.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
I have the S3 and cannot find anything that I dislike about the phone. If you go to Samsung.com, they will give you a price they will pay for your old phones, mine was $170 for my S3 when I upgrade to the S4. Verizon is taking pre-orders for the S4 starting tomorrow......I should add that the S4 has a larger battery, although I'm satisfied with mine, the battery is removable, and it also has a quadcore processor.
Verizon?s Samsung Galaxy S4 Arrives in Stores May 30 for $199 After Rebate ? Droid Life

Been lookn at the S4 also. Does look pretty impressive.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
I've been into a couple or Radio Shacks looking at phones. They are claiming to be less expensive on the phones compared to carriers. I haven't verified this yet cause I'm still on the fence for which phone I want.

Also not all radio shacks carry every carrier. If service is not good in their area, they drop the carrier at that store to reduce complaints and returns.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've found Best Buy to frequently offer better deals than direct from the carrier whether it's gift cards or accessories. When I got my S3 it was $0 on a contact vs $100 through my carrier at the time.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
I've found Best Buy to frequently offer better deals than direct from the carrier whether it's gift cards or accessories. When I got my S3 it was $0 on a contact vs $100 through my carrier at the time.

Cool beans. I'll be sure and check them out.

Thanks Scott

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Got to play with a S4 and HTC ONE today. Play time was very limited because neither phone was activated. More or less demo mode. The ONE was highlighting the "Blink Feed, HTC ZOE and Boom Sound". Pretty neat stuff, but probably wouldn't use them except for maybe ZOE.
The S4 wasn't in demo mode. Just on. The screen is better than the note 2, but not enough to be a game changer if you own a note 2. That's all I got so far.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums mobile app

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Ron did you ask if the One will be available on Verizon? I heard they weren't.

I did Scott. The folks at this Best Buy didn't think so. But, the S4 is available now on Sprint & AT&T. Verizon is not available till May 30th. So their thinking is Verizon may be waiting for that to release. Also, HTC is suppose to have some other releases later this year. So could be waiting on that.

Monty

Expert Expediter
Several things drain battery life like a vampire. Close all the applications you are not currently using. "Navigator" comes to mind. And all phones, no matter the brand or service provider will really suck it dry when looking for a signal. . If Sprint, for example, does not have 4G service where you are the phone increases the wattage searching for it.

I have always had great luck with Verizon and Motorola products. I have the Razr M at present. It last several days without a recharge, though I do plug it in each night.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Several things drain battery life like a vampire. Close all the applications you are not currently using. "Navigator" comes to mind. And all phones, no matter the brand or service provider will really suck it dry when looking for a signal. . If Sprint, for example, does not have 4G service where you are the phone increases the wattage searching for it.

I have always had great luck with Verizon and Motorola products. I have the Razr M at present. It last several days without a recharge, though I do plug it in each night.

You're so right. On my current phone I can turn off the 4G antenna so it doesn't search.
According to the techies I spoke with yesterday, the Note 2 and S4 cannot be turned off. They didn't know about the HTC ONE.

Deville

Not a Member
I have the Samsung note 2. I love it. Can't wait for the even bigger Sammy 3 to come out next year.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Don't think I can wait that long. Or I should say, don't think this EVO 4G is gonna last that long.

When me and my wife both got these EVOs, coming from BB 8200 series, we were extremely happy happy with them. The big screen is great. Especially for those of us blind in one eye and can't see out the other.

The other problem is Sprint. While I don't think I have missed any calls, the data part just plain sucks.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Well I opted for the note 2 on Verizon. Was sitting in Austinburg OH and couldn't get datta with Sprint. I had had enough. Went to Best Buy and spent several hours playing with the note and S4. I liked the S4, but research showed a few major bugs that needed to be worked out.

I like the note 2. Taking some time getting used to the size. The screen is 5 1/2". THE note 3 is gonna be 6.3". Can't imagine myself using that size.

The msin problem I found out with the EVO 4G was it wimax for Sprint. When Sprint started to convert to LTE, 4G became less available for that phone. Yet I got to pay.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using EO Forums mobile app

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been very happy with the note 1

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.