salad dressing

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What do you consider the 3 most popular salad dressings? I'd guess ranch, thousand island and blue cheese. I'm curious what everyone thinks are the 3 most popular in the U.S.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Umm... Salad dressing? Are we a little bored tonight, Leo?

I'm a 1000 Island guy, with Italian as my second choice if that's not available. I just don't care for the others, so I can only give you 2.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I believe French and Western would come before blue cheese. I prefer blue cheese and ranch myself.

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What a interesting question Leo...in the past 2 weeks I have ate salads at the Flying J and looked for my favorite salad dressing thousand island and there was none to be found. when I question them about this they said they no longer carry this. I just wonder how much money they are saving on this corporate decision. I guess making the customer happy is not important to them. I have trouble understanding some of there menu changes also .they use to have one of the best chicken sandwichs at a truck stop for the money it was called a Jamboni.they also did away with that and honey mustard. just ate at the Flying J in Haw river,NC and the food and service was so bad they gave me the meal for free. just soon as well paid for a good meal. looks like its sandwichs from the refrig from here on!!!!!

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I think the top 3 would be 1000 Island,Ranch, and Italian. Speaking of salads I would never eat one at the Petro in Effingham,Ill again. Last time I did I didn't pay enough attention and the cheese was moldy. A lady driver pointed this out to me after I finished the salad. It was 9 at night and I was supposed to be at Memphis by 8 the next morning. 15 hours and 3 bottles of pepto bismol later I made to Memphis to unload right as everyone was going to lunch. Good thing about it was they had so many trucks to unload that morning they didn't miss me. I also got mad because I had to wrestle with those tarps and as soon as they got the load off they sprayed the wood down with water. Flatbeddin. Gotta love it.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Leo, you must be bored or trying to figure out how to have a portable buffet on your truck.

the top salad dressing compiled from some culinary trade rag for 2004 to 2006 are;

1. Ranch Dressing
2. Bleu Cheese Dressing
3. Italian Dressing

French was forth

Thousand island was fifth

source; the Association for Dressings and Sauces

Ok now can someone tell me what four of these have in common?

To me nothing beats a good oil and vineger mix.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No, just came up in a conversation and got me wondering. Well, I am kind of bored but had nothing to do with this.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
EO Forum Moderator
----------

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Four of the five are actually edible. :+

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
EO Forum Moderator
----------

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>Four of the five are actually edible. :+

Leo, which one is not edible?

Yes Mayo, the four are made with a form of Mayo, many use something that is called mayo but is not.

A dressing is not really anything but a cream based sauce added to the salad, so Italian is not really a salad dressing - neither is oil and vinegar.

Thinking about it, it amazes me that people think that the cr*p they get from the store that has Dijon Style Mustard is nothing near it - it is mustard but that's about it. Even Grey Poupon does not use the right recipe for the real thing for export. I had a hard time getting the real thing and when I compared all of them, the origianl recipe was the best.