sad sad day

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Look at that. The bottom of the barrel wasn't far enough down. They turned the barrel over and scraped the underside.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Hillary Clinton! Yay! I think that there are worse options than her that will be in the mix. She is a fake, lying piece of garbage but hey, she is a politician. If she runs things the same way Bill did then she could actually be exactly what the country needs. For all the Bill bashing that goes on he was actually pretty good for the country overall because many of his policies were middle of the road. He also had things that favored big business as well as average people which is what the country needs to get back on track.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
Yep I can Rember blue cross blue shield complete before she was going to fix health insurance

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If the dems nominate Hillary, they can kiss off any chance of keeping the white house.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If the Dems want to keep the WH, they need to convince Chris Christy to change parties.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hillary Clinton! Yay! I think that there are worse options than her that will be in the mix. She is a fake, lying piece of garbage but hey, she is a politician. If she runs things the same way Bill did then she could actually be exactly what the country needs. For all the Bill bashing that goes on he was actually pretty good for the country overall because many of his policies were middle of the road. He also had things that favored big business as well as average people which is what the country needs to get back on track.
Many of Bill's policies were very similar to Obama. Very similar ideologies. Expect the same from Hillary. There will be a lot of revisionist history while she is running about how great a president Bill was and how she will be great too. The only real difference between Bill and Obama is that Clinton was more pragmatic after the republican landslide in 1994. Clinton had to modify many of his radical left positions to get reelected. The rest of his Presidency and his agenda was mostly kept in check by the republicans. Obama, after he lost the House and Senate, continued to advance his radical agenda by going around Congress and abuse and misuse the Executive Action process. Hillary will be emboldened by what Obama has done and will continue the abuse of power if she is elected. It's in her character. Just one example of Bill Clinton's left ideology is his choice of a Supreme Court Justice, Ruth Bader Ginsburg. One of the most leftist radical,and one of the worst Justices we have ever had.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
D'oh...
From her press release:
From her mother’s own childhood – in which she was abandoned by her parents – to her work going door-to-door for the Children’s Defense Fund to her battling to create the Children’s Health Insurance Program, she’s fought children and families all her career.
Clinton's press office left an embarrassing typo in its press announcement, saying that she had 'fought children and families all her career'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hy-Hillary-Clinton-enters-race-president.html

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
She will be a formidable candidate because we are dealing with a ill informed electorate. They just want the first woman president. My personal opinion is "just say no".

Reactions: Moot

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Anyone who votes for Hillary because they want a woman for POTUS is too stupid to vote. I hope there is a better candidate, because I just can't vote for her.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Whether Hillary Clinton is the Democrat nominee or not, the Democrats start with an enormous electoral advantage. With California, New York, Illinois and probably Michigan, Pennsylvania and other reliable blue states in their back pocket... the Dems can win the Electoral College with just 10 or 12 states.

Even if the Dems nominated a terrible candidate, I would place their odds of winning the presidency at 70% or better. Sad, but true.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Muttly, the Dems have intangibles such as favorable media coverage and a built-in electoral advantage. Demographic trends heavily favor the Dems. Not only are their constituency groups more prolific at reproducing, they import millions of future Democrat voters. I read an interesting article about a year ago which made a strong case that the Democrats are likely to hold the presidency in most years, while the GOP is increasingly becoming the party likely to hold both houses of Congress. This may be the new political template for national elections.

How does any GOP nominee win the presidency given the current political climate? Conservatism has always been a hard sell. It is premised on hard work, self reliance and personal responsibility. Too many people have embraced government as their provider of all things. Add to that, popular culture through television and movies excoriate conservatives as being just one rung above Lucifer.

Reactions: Moot

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
She is already playing the evil rich card, with today's handout mentality that's going to be strong.

Personally I am really tired how success is being demonized it doesn't say alot for our future.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Hilary throwing her hat in the ring goes to show how inept the Republican party really is. If they had anyone worth running she wouldn't have entered the race. It's quite sad actually.