Russia Invades Ukraine

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I still wonder how accurate these numbers are.

Ok.

That's not unreasonable (... I guess ... ? ... ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯)

Have you been digging into the Twitter sources I've linking ?

The reason I ask, is because given what I've seen (which I don't post anywhere near all of), they don't seem unreasonable to me.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The occasional Twitter post to help make or support a point is one thing, but flooding the forums with Twitter posts is spam. These are discussion forums, not news or Twitter feed forums.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ok.

That's not unreasonable (... I guess ... ? ... ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯)

Have you been digging into the Twitter sources I've linking ?

The reason I ask, is because given what I've seen (which I don't post anywhere near all of), they don't seem unreasonable to me.
Just some wondering..

Reactions: RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Col. Douglas Macgregor is getting unfairly criticized by the frothy Putin demonizers as a Russian asset, but he makes excellent points that the U.S. wouldn’t want Russian missiles and troops in nearby Cuba. Why should it be different that Russia wouldn’t want U.S. missiles and troops in Ukraine? Putin is interested in Eastern Ukraine only, which wants to be Russia anyway.
I agree with him that we should stay out of this.

• Haha
Reactions: Ragman and RLENT

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Some big investor dude named Bill Ackman is calling for U.S military action in Ukraine.
Some need to step back from their fever pitch military interventionist crap.

And some might need to ask themselves:

When does a failure to act - to stop an obvious genocidal madman - become complicity in what ultimatelly occurs ?

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 12.56.46.png
BTW - I just sent my message to the White House:

1. Demand Putin immediately cease hostilities and begin withdrawal ... 24 hours to comply on the withdrawal.

2. After that No-Fly Zone that will target hostile actions, if there are any.

3. Otherwise face conventional military intervention.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: danthewolf00

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Turkey taking strong action - shutting down Dardanelles access to the Black Sea for any Russian vessels - limited exemptions (if a vessel is has a registered base in the Black Sea) but even then a vessel cannot be involved in the war.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
"Finland will deliver 2,500 assault rifles, 150,000 cartridges for the attack rifles, 1,500 single-shot anti-tank weapons and 70,000 combat ration packages to #Ukraine as material aid, the Finnish government has just announced."

Always good to see more of that kind of incoming !

:clapping-happy:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Putin is interested in Eastern Ukraine only, which wants to be Russia anyway.

Putin's troops are currently slaughtering ethnic Russians and Russian-speaking people in Eastern Ukraine.

Check out Kharkiv - it has a large ethnic Russian population.

He's also indiscriminately attacking and targeting cluster munitions at civilian populations.

That's a war crime.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Yet only AFTER Russia attacked Ukraine that everyone wants to give Ukraine weapons....a bit late people.

That premise is incorrect ... Biden has deployed over $1 billion dollars in aid to Ukraine over the last 12 months.

Think that didn't include lethal military aid ?

Where do you think the Ukrainians got the weapons they've used thus far to resist Darth Putin's troops ?

(Let me take a guess ... :tearsofjoy: )

Reactions: Ragman

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
They all should have helped BEFORE hand

Like Rags points out, that's water under the bridge at this point and is neither here nor there.

or even over road Russia and china in the un and let Ukraine join the un.

Let Ukraine join ... the UN ???

What are you talking about ???

Ukraine is a member of the UN ... it was one of the founding members in 1945 ... smh ...

I'll assume there is a confusion between the UN and NATO.

Here's some facts:

Russia and China are not "members" of NATO.

In terms of membership in NATO, there is no "overrode" for membership - the US doesn't have the power to do it.

Membership in NATO has specific requirements and I believe the full agreement of ALL member states is required for a nation state to join.

Again: ... smh ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragman

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Apparently Ukrainian pilots arrived in Poland this Monday evening to pick up 70 (?) fighter jets which are being donated ...

In a move likely aimed at increasing pressure on Europe to act, the Ukrainian parliament on Monday tweeted that Europe was sending 70 fighter planes to Ukraine, including 28 MiG-29s from Poland, 12 from Slovakia and 16 from Bulgaria, along with 14 Su-25s from Bulgaria.

Ukrainian pilots arrive in Poland to pick up donated fighter jets

Not clear if Bulgaria is onboard though.

That's great news from where I sit ... but is nowhere near what all needs to be done at this.