Russia Invades Ukraine

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wow, if they have lost 30 to 40k troops in less than a month, they are in big trouble. I just looked up how many we lost in Vietnam, 58k and that war lasted for years.
The 30 to 40 number includes missing. I wonder how many missing are awol.

Reactions: danthewolf00

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Can not blame them for wanting to go home.
We both know the Russian army got lied to by their command. Ukraine has been slowly buying small arms and other stuff since Crimea got taken over.

Reactions: RLENT

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Out of what 127k troops.....

Figure out what percentage of the troops involved in the entire operation are actually frontline combat troops and how many are backend resupply/logistics ops personnel + lower tier reserves and conscripts.

It's primarily the former that are taking the hit.

Once a BTG (battalion tactical group) loses certain percentage they essentially become non-effective as a fighting force.

Reactions: Ragman

RLENT

Veteran Expediter

And it also includes wounded ... which become a drag on the unwounded fighters remaining ... even if one has good med-evac ... which the Putinists do not.

;)

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Way to go Ukraine on the brainers. Should have just stayed out of the war. I wonder if the Keyboard Generals have thought this through? A cyber attack would disable everything and no more “tough talk”on their computers.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Way to go Ukraine on the brainers. Should have just stayed out of the war. I wonder if the Keyboard Generals have thought this through? A cyber attack would disable everything and no more “tough talk”on their computers.
Do you really think Putang give 2 twats about EO forums.

The attacks would be against systems way more important than us.

• Haha
Reactions: muttly and RLENT

RLENT

Veteran Expediter

Your life - such as it is - would be totally destroyed.

:tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So what's your answer? What do we do?
Try to deescalate the situation and talk about a peaceful settlement, instead of threats and sanctions and having the mindset that there MUST be a regime change.
Biden’s team is putting our country at an unnecessary risk due to a conflict on the other side of the world.
This is not our fight.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Try to deescalate the situation and talk about a peaceful settlement, instead of threats and sanctions and having the mindset that there MUST be a regime change.
Biden’s team is putting our country at an unnecessary risk due to a conflict on the other side of the world.
This is not our fight.
#chamberlin