Romney held in disdain in his home state

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
U.S. election: Romney held in disdain in his home state - thestar.com

The Olympic Gold reference is pretty funny....:p

What loyal Democrats elsewhere call Romney’s political flip-flops, she considers triple-axel political pirouettes worthy of Olympic gold.
“Long before Romney had his ‘epiphany’ on abortion, even before he ran in Massachusetts, there was talk he might run for governor in Utah — on a pro-life platform,” remembers Balser.

“In the end, he decided his chances were better in Massachusetts, where he had to be pro-choice to win,” she said.

“It’s the same with health care. He helped create a model for the nation in truly bipartisan fashion and then proceeded to trash it. And now he’s turning a third time, trying to sound in these final weeks like the moderate Republican.

“We admire and respect plenty of Republicans. But if you make fun of Massachusetts, if you wear whatever political clothes are in season, it’s just the sheer opportunism that rankles. It’s the way you used our state — nobody likes to feel used.”

bobwg

Expert Expediter
So we are suppose to belive from this article that there is wide spread disdain for Romney from the average citizen in Mass? I think need more than just this article

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So we are suppose to belive from this article that there is wide spread disdain for Romney from the average citizen in Mass? I think need more than just this article

Well polls put him in a 20% deficit right now...that is some dislike....

and like my buddy Chef..I just put it out there,...you can draw any conclusions...:)

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have disdain for Ma in general.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

paullud

Veteran Expediter
This is just proof that Romney will give you exactly what he says without having any concern for his beliefs, I wish more were like that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I like Romney...his focus on the economy seems the best plan....his promise to secure Social Security and promised that ALL Americans have access to affordable healthcare....

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
OVM,

Seriously? A political commentary from the Toronto Star by the ultra liberal Mitch Potter?
How long did you search for that one?*:rolleyes:

Me thinks someone is trying to incite the EO conservative squad this Sunday morning. :cool:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
OVM,

Seriously? A political commentary from the Toronto Star by the ultra liberal Mitch Potter?

Me thinks someone is trying to incite the EO conservative squad this Sunday morning. :cool:

about as serious as a post from someone that referred to the Ultra conservative Washington Examiner...LOL

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'd be more concerned if Massachusetts was giving Romney a ticker-tape parade. They're one of the most liberal states in the union, only California is even remotely comparable.

Romney flip-flops. He's a politician, what else is new? There might be a handful of politicians that say what they mean and mean what they say, regardless of anything else. There's not a whole passel of them, though.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
OVM,

There wouldn't be a reason for anyone to get bent out if shape, conservatives have already gone after Romney saying he isn't actually conservative. That is one of the big differences between conservatives and liberals, we will self police. The liberals just sit there and pretend Obama is for the little guy but he has been bought and paid for by unions, insurance companies, and banks. The article is an opinion piece but it is true and I'm not sure why Obama hasn't bothered pointing out Romney's record of working across the aisle is garbage considering Romney was a RINO in Massachusetts. Doesn't anybody remember Taxachusetts?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Seems like those police looked the other way during the primaries. :)

What are you talking about? They were all over the issue from the beginning, he was criticized by the other candidates as well. The less conservative voters just felt that he was the way to go.

Missie600

Active Expediter
Romney doesn't have skeletons in his closet. I know they have been looking. To me that says a lot about a man. Rarely do you find someone who doesn't have an affair, a low life friend, a tax problem, etc. somewhere in his past. He's not perfect, but at least he wouldn't be coming into office with a lot of baggage and stuff to hide under the rug. Sure he has made some mistakes and has changed his mind about things. I have changed my mind about a few things in my life too. As you grow older you experience things that make you reconsider your past decisions. It would suck if we couldn't change our minds when we found out we were wrong or found a better way.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I think we all can realize somthing from just the title. You cant judge a book by its cover.

The people their experienced what the book realy is about. Its no wonder he did not run for a second term.

knocking on the door to rule America I suggest everyone read the book then make your own judgement.
The cover is misleading.

Attachments

• heman.jpg
    heman.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 7

bobwg

Expert Expediter
I think we all can realize somthing from just the title. You cant judge a book by its cover.

The people their experienced what the book realy is about. Its no wonder he did not run for a second term.

knocking on the door to rule America I suggest everyone read the book then make your own judgement.
The cover is misleading.

And you can not belive 1 article as being the truth about how the people of Mass think about Romney

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Conservatives, be careful what you wish for with Mitt Romney | Fox News

Very interesting article, and it confirms what I thought: you can't believe a word Romney says about anything.
He doesn't change his mind [which I could accept - as Missie says, we all do that, hopefully] he changes his beliefs and message according to the audience of the moment.
The guy has just careened from one 'oops!' to the next, [the latest being the photo op request for people to donate food and clothing and stuff for the storm victims, while the disaster recovery pros are asking people to NOT do that because it makes their job harder] insulting people here and abroad, misrepresenting himself, his opponent, his record - everything, in short.
He doesn't know how to create jobs, but he knows how to eliminate them for greater profits. He doesn't know how to bring people together, but he knows how to alienate them [well, 47% of them, at least.] He doesn't know how to 'represent' anyone except the top few percent, clamoring for lower taxes and less regulation, which hasn't worked for the past 10 years, so why should we believe it will now?
He's the guy who will say anything to get what he wants, then laugh with his pals at the suckers who gave it to him - just like the guys who call women sluts after they've slept with them.
Obama has done a few things I don't agree with at all, but Romney would make everything much worse for everyone except the favored few friends and the powerful people that are all he truly knows or cares about. The rest of us don't matter at all.