Ribs Ribs Ribs!

MANIAC

Seasoned Expediter
Good Evening Y'All! Sitting here in West Palm Beach grilling and grinning! Had country style pork ribs and corn on the cob fresh off the grill! Wish you guys were here! Headed to Michigan tomorrow am to deliver tues by noon! Boogity Boogity Boogity, Gotta Go!;) P.S. Wish you were here George!

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I had ribs for dinner, too.

But, mine were in Texas, so they were, of course, bigger.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
grilled ribs yesterday. baby back and spare. have leftovers for today. used the father in laws rub. so while some may have been bigger mine tasted better. nyah!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm casting my vote for 17th Street Bar and Grill in Murphsboro, Ilinnois. The best ribs i've ever eaten!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Mark's Feed Store BBQ in Louisville on Dixie Hwy 31W has really good ribs and chicken too. I haven't had ribs in quite a while because their chicken is so good I always get it.

truckpipes

Seasoned Expediter
My Rib Recipe- Smoker Style--- YUM!!!

I am making ribs this weekend for a Rib Cook-off Contest. I am going to smoke the ribs with Jack Daniels Charcoal and Oak Barrell pieces. I am making 4 racks. Does anyone make their own in a smoker? I went to the Rib Fest in Indianapolis this past weekend and couldnt find ribs that were better than the ones I make on my own. If anyone has a good recipe out there on what they do, please share it with me. I would love to see it. Here is how I make mine if you are interested.

SMOKING BABYBACK RIBS - 5-HRS @ 250 DEG/F
24-HOUR CIDER-SOAK ONE-SLAB BABY BACK RIBS (APPROX 1.5-2 LBS TOTAL);

INCREASE ACCORDING TO YOUR # SLABS. CUT THE RACK IN HALF TO EASE USE.
¾ cup apple juice
½ cup cider vinegar
1 tsp onion powder
1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp vegetable (olive, canola, etc) oil
2 tsp Magic Dust OR ½ teaspoon dried thyme

The night before you plan to cook your ribs, combine the cider-soak ingredients in a 1-gal Zip-Loc bag. Agitate to blend.

Place the ribs in the bag and ensure they are completely covered by the soak. Remove any/all excess air in the bag.
REFRIGERATE OVERNIGHT.

Prepare the smoker for barbecuing, bringing the temperature to 250 degrees.

Remove the ribs from the refrigerator and drain them, discarding the cider soak.

Allow the ribs sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to 2-hours.

Apply spray oil to the ribs and coat with MAGIC DUST seasoning on both sides.
Do not rub in. Next, apply a light sprinkled coat of Turbinado sugar, followed by another light coat of MAGIC DUST.

After placing the ribs on the smoker, check them hourly and spray down with apple juice.

USE THE 3-1-1- METHOD. 250-260 DEG/F
3 hours smoked. Remove to place in foil packets.
1 hour in foil tents; pour in 2/3 cup apple juice; spray the ribs with apple juice. BACK ON THE
SMOKER.
1 hour out of the foil and back on the smoker – spray with apple juice before closing lid.

Cissy2

Seasoned Expediter
Montanas in Woodstock, Ontario. They were on the highway sign so we decided to give them a try. Wow! Fall off the bone rib meat and some different, really good sauces. Hope we get back there again.