Re Branding

denny2010

Expert Expediter
We decided to get our truck done today. Since we were in town. One thing . The logo is HUGE ..lol...but none the less its on and looks great ..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
It will be interesting to hear the commentary on how hard they are to remove. They do look huge.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Or... If you're taking them off you may be very well rested. Could go either way.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
A couple of cases of Goo Gone and a weekend with nothing else what so ever to do.

We just did a Sprinter that had to have graphics removed from both sides and rear doors:

A gallon of acetone, a bucket of water to rinse right away, several terrycloth towels, gloves, safety glasses, and 3 weeks.

"Goo-Gone", bug and tar remover, WD-40 ALL a big waste of time and energy.

Menard's has the best price on acetone.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Did one side of Fedex D. Decals were 2 years old. Heat gun, wife and me 4 hours. Old style,slightly smaller. And scaffolding.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Originally Posted by davekc
It will be interesting to hear the commentary on how hard they are to remove. They do look huge.

highway star wrote:

A couple of cases of Goo Gone and a weekend with nothing else what so ever to do.

Ahh..you might also be in need of a "couple of cases" of your fav-o-rite "adult beverage"....:D

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Denny, just wondering how good a job they did removing your old logo's?

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Did one side of Fedex D. Decals were 2 years old. Heat gun, wife and me 4 hours. Old style,slightly smaller. And scaffolding.

Heat gun first, acetone to remove the remaining baked on adhesive, rinse, after a couple of days more acetone, rinse...repeating until it is all truly gone. Then wax the bejeepers out of that thing, knowing some oxidation has taken place. Only waxing and time will make it all better.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Old logo

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335312116405.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335312116405.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 44

denny2010

Expert Expediter
They used chemical agent, torch and elbow power...looks very good.. they vinyl wrapped box.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
they vinyl wrapped box.

This is what I don't want, in 2 years every rivet will break through that vinyl just like it does on the logo, and it will look like crap.:mad: