Question Regarding Whirlwind Express

outandbout

Active Expediter
nope..i dont see him or any rep of f2f or ww making an offical statement..but my offical statement is i will get my money..by hook or crook i dont care..i will get mine..i may be on fox news by the time its over but i will get mine!

He claims that WW is an independent agent and has taken over WW's customer base. Well, Conway Now sold their customer base for at least 7 million. It is also peculiar that one person owed 11 G's was paid $265 as an exaggerated attempt to act like they are trying so hard to pay. Oh, and going to the hospital all the time.

Smells like bankruptcy fraud and conspiracy to commit bankruptcy fraud because of 'fraudulent conveyance' of assets is coming to me. Also, one man that threatened to sue WW for his money was just terminated by the Farm People.

No matter how you cut the cheese, these farm people are making profit off of the customers that were given to them for "free"(fraud) by their friends. Everybody knows the money is supposed to go to the back payments first.

These 4 stooges and that blue jean man need to just pay up immediately before The Morning Show finds out because bankruptcy is not an alternative.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think run away from the offer is a profound understatement. I would recomend mounting a JADO rocket to your van. A company that cant pay you within one or two weeks time after invoice date is a reason for concern.............. Screw that, dont even bother with them.
For example say your companies seven day billing cycle is Saturday through Friday. You set up and fax in or however you quickly get in paperwork Friday nite or Saturday Either way they have paperwork monday A.M. when they show up if thats thier deadline . Most larger companies that pay weekly if they have paperwork on monday send checks Thursday Friday or Saturday if they have Saturday postal service.
I typicaly Give my customers two weeks So, if my invoice date is today Feb 15 I expect a check to show up betwene Mar 1 or within the next business day or so mailing before calling and nagging them.
Always check with your broker for payment terms if its not reasonable there are other companies.
HOWEVER!!! In all fairness the ownus is on you to make sure the paperwork is correct, complete, in on time by the companies deadline they tell you it due, and the loads have no exceptions or issues. B.T.W. I you try to tack that one more last minute load onto an invoice without prior aproval from the top and miss thier deadline its youre fault. Thats fair you wait annother week to get paid. In case you come from the broker side of trucking where your tired of the thirty days turning into fourty five days before seeing money. Keep in mind REGULAR money IE weekly invoices do deserve a little lattitude for payment terms as the two week trems do become weekly checks when you bill weekly.

Good luck and be safe.
Bob Wolf.

BigBadBill

Active Expediter
Not only have I made statements, I have spoken to dozens of people personally. Not a hard person to find and I clearly don't hide behind a screen name and tell lies.

Now, if anyone has specific questions feel free to contact me. You will notice no one has even made the hint that I won't take calls. Well, professional calls.

If you want real information, contact me.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
You all need to acknowledge the fact that even if f2f bought ww or even has any working agreement with them it does not make f2f responsible for ww,s past debt. Unless that was part of the agreement. Personally if it was part of it im sure bill will hold up that end but I seriously doubt f2f would take on such a deal. F2f will more than likely see to it all is kosher going forward but dont blame them for ww,s past irresponsibility. F2F wanted to get into the expedite market and if they can salvage ww,s customer base and have them be an agent for them then that is good business for f2f. What was done in the past has nothing to do with what the future holds. Maybe if those who are owed monies by ww will call and have a professional conversation with bill he might be able to help with collection .you cant although, expect hm to just pay out of his pocket. It isnt his debt.o

I know it is frustrating when owed money. Been there done that and lost it.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Rather than the back and forth it might be easier just to address what involvement there is or isn't with regards to monies owed from past invoices. I guess after that one could follow with what folks from WW would or wouldn't be doing and the degree of engagement with a new business.
If there was enough weight to sink one ship, some that have a relationship would probably want some assurances that the weight isn't just flipped into another boat.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Issues began over 2 years ago with WW; BOLs submitted, confirmation emails from WW arriving within 3 days, then no pay for 2, 3 weeks. Phone calls not being returned. Email inquiries being responded with "We never got your BOL". Replying that email confirmation was received by WW, only to be met with excuses such as it takes two weeks for mail to be processed from their locale, power outages, or no acknowledgement at all. They did get caught up over a 3-4 month period; but once anyone gets into a bad financial way, it is often difficult for them to get out easily. There were warnings posted here regarding WW's pay issues, but sometimes people new to the business don't know where to get information; even those experienced drivers who knew and signed on afterwards probably hoped things had turned around and it would be different for them (there's something about the human nature that allows hope to spring eternal). I know a driver who is owed, like many others, thousands; and they signed on after knowing full well the experiences some have had with WW. They had hoped things would be better, that times had changed. They have found out the hard way that no; they are even worse than they were in early 2011.

I hope all get the monies owed to them; I would not be surprised if they do not. Remember, this is Whirlwind's debt; not F2F.

Last edited:

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As a n00b, I hafta ask: would it be worth even CONSIDERING signing with them now, after the F2F deal? That is, going forward, will Bill be able to keep them in shape, or is more pain forthcoming?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I'm curious. I am very far removed as I am not a vanner nor do I work directly with brokers.

What does/did WW have that made people want to gamble on them?

Looks to me with current profit levels people would clamor to the safest situations.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I'm curious. I am very far removed as I am not a vanner nor do I work directly with brokers.

What does/did WW have that made people want to gamble on them?

Looks to me with current profit levels people would clamor to the safest situations.
They don't just run vans. I talked to straight truck driver once who was running loads for them. He had his own authority.

It seems that they had the ability to get loads, and decent rates. How, I don't know...but they apparently did good on that side of the business. Maybe they were giving up too much of a % and the overhead didn't get covered?

If you have freight to haul in this current market, you can talk somebody into taking a chance on it. As long as you can keep it covered up, you'll get away with it. I don't think this is a matter of anyone starting out to defraud people of money. What generally happens is people think that because they own a business, they automatically have tons of cash. Then they start trying to keep up with the people who really do have money. The problem is that in order to do that, they have to skim a little from the cookie jar....then a little more....then they need a lot. Once the rob Peter to pay Paul starts, it's almost impossible to recover from. I'm pretty sure that there have been some posts made here about a nice big new house under construction and some expensive cars. If that is true, I can tell you where the money is.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
...one man that threatened to sue WW for his money was just terminated by the Farm People.

I would like to hear the whole story behind that; is it true, rumor, coincidence, other reason?

If it is true, I would bet the contractor won't have a difficult time finding other carriers. Tons of them out there. F2F probably wouldn't be hurting them.

Zoli

Veteran Expediter
I had a friend that went to an office to collect.
It was vacant. All the rented furniture had been returned or repossessed.

She can run, but she can't hide forever... We will find her or her son, Levy Hannah.

Swamp30

Active Expediter
You are not gonna get any answers from these scum bags..its ok..she will be dumb enough to show up at an expo soon..maybe not this year but she cant hide forever..

Zoli

Veteran Expediter
She is a 'proud' board member of TEANA....Anne Hannah, the shame of the expediters community.....

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
She can run, but she can't hide forever... We will find her or her son, Levy Hannah.

there is no vacant lot, your gps will take u to their front door. Its sits on a lake, side porch entrance and a dog named Leah will want to play ball..............thats it.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Renewal time just ended so they will be updating the site over the next week.