Question Regarding Whirlwind Express

rpulfer

Active Expediter
Hey everyone,

Cargo van expeditor here, first time posting!

I've been tempted to take some of these longer, higher paying loads with Whirlwind Express, but have talked to a few drivers and heard problems. It seems that they say they pay you within two weeks, but the few guys I spoke with says it's closer to two months (Really!) before the money comes in. That's a long time for me, and I don't really have the financial buffer to handle that right now. I'm also worried about the company's condition itself if this true...

Does anyone currently or previously worked with WW? How are (did) things going for you then?

EDIT:
I read some other threads here that point to this as well, but they're kinda old. I'm just looking for recent info on WW...

Last edited:

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Hey everyone,

I've been tempted to take some of these longer, higher paying loads with Whirlwind Express, but have talked to a few drivers and heard problems. It seems that they say they pay you within two weeks, but the few guys I spoke with says it's closer to two months (Really!) before the money comes in. That's a long time for me, and I don't really have the financial buffer to handle that right now. I'm also worried about the company's condition itself if this true...

Does anyone currently or previously worked with WW? How are (did) things going for you then?

EDIT:
I read some other threads here that point to this as well, but they're kinda old. I'm just looking for recent info on WW...
I know nothing about them other than what I've read on here. I would assume that nothing has changed...especially if others are telling you the same thing now. Once you've ran the load...and the money doesn't show up... it's a little too late to say "no" at that point.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My guess would be when it comes to your money. ......consider it Gone with the Wind. ...most companies get paid in 3 to 5 days. ..I m guessing they re using drivers money for operating expences. ...Run Forest Run. ...lol

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums mobile app

rencon

Seasoned Expediter
I used to run for them a few years ago, when the checks showed up 8-9 weeks after the run I knew it was time to pull the plug. They owe a friend over $3K and he is going to have to sue them because they are now blocking his calls when he tries to get an answer as to when he will be paid. AVOID!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Hey everyone,

EDIT:

Think you answered your own question. If a carrier is holding payment or waiting on theirs two months to pay you, that is a reason not to run their freight. That is a company that is clearly undercapitalized and are basically a few issues away from closing their doors.
Seen it here on EO half a dozen times with the same story.
Yep...."run Forest run" certainly fits.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A friend of mine hauls for them... it takes at least two months til he gets paid.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EO Forums mobile app

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
Check in the mail company . If you are lucky they pay after 40 days. When you ask for your money they lie. Especially Ann the owner.

BigBadBill

Active Expediter
My guess would be when it comes to your money. ......consider it Gone with the Wind. ...most companies get paid in 3 to 5 days. ..I m guessing they re using drivers money for operating expences. ...Run Forest Run. ...lol

No dog in this fight but where are you getting your information? 3-5 days would be if we are paying a fee for quickpay. 30-days after getting invoice and bills is standard (talking about how we as a carrier get paid).

TSexpediter

Seasoned Expediter
Run ! They pay after 2 months or no pay at all. They find you loads ,but they pay over 40-50 days. If you stop hauling for them you can say goodbye to your money....So...RUN!

cubansammich

Not a Member
FYI, though many of us have heard of this organization The Better Business Bureau has no record of this company. This speaks volumes in my opinion.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No dog in this fight but where are you getting your information? 3-5 days would be if we are paying a fee for quickpay. 30-days after getting invoice and bills is standard (talking about how we as a carrier get paid).

The thread is about when the carrier pays it's contractors, not when they get paid.

BigBadBill

Active Expediter

The thread is about when the carrier pays it's contractors, not when they get paid.

Easy there Tex, just responding to a comment about WHEN a carrier gets paid.

jeffman164

Seasoned Expediter
When I used to run for them , it was excuse - check is in the mail - another excuse - check is in the mail - blah , blah, blah . I would send in 6 BOLS ( from myself and my drivers ) and somehow they would only receive 4 of them ( golly gee Wilber - I wonder how that could have happened ?? ) so I had to resend the 2 that they supposedly didn't receive - which in turn would further prolong payment . Longest time for payment was 96 days !!!!!!

cubansammich

Not a Member
When I used to run for them , it was excuse - check is in the mail - another excuse - check is in the mail - blah , blah, blah . I would send in 6 BOLS ( from myself and my drivers ) and somehow they would only receive 4 of them ( golly gee Wilber - I wonder how that could have happened ?? ) so I had to resend the 2 that they supposedly didn't receive - which in turn would further prolong payment . Longest time for payment was 96 days !!!!!!

Wow, ok.. so just to be clear: Are you saying if we have trouble getting paid the accounts payable person is Wilber?

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Picked up their info packet at last year's Expo; the contract looked like it was written by a 3rd grader. Now this thread, telling me it takes 3 months to get paid. One more carrier crossed off the list.

This proves that EO can really be a newbie's best friend! :)