Question on Logging & EOBR

truckn-lace

Seasoned Expediter
When you do electronic logs like we do every time you are on a new load I go to New Load and put all the information in it. So far it has worked out very nice using the electronic logs. If we are stopped by the DOT everything comes up for them to see. We make notes every time there is any Change that leaves not a question of why there is a stop of any kind. For anyone starting out on Electronic logs its not as bad as people make it out to be in fact alot easier. Happy Trails

60MPH

Expert Expediter
You would think with the amount of money that you pay, all that info would be in the system and included on the log sheet.

Again it seems that a company's it management has lost sight of what should be done more than to just get by.

I have talked to a couple mega fleet T/T drivers and they said the shipper info pops up on there log book all they have to do is enter a BOL# and commodity. Don't know why the fed has does not do this as it would be easy software programming.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I have talked to a couple mega fleet T/T drivers and they said the shipper info pops up on there log book all they have to do is enter a BOL# and commodity. Don't know why the fed has does not do this as it would be easy software programming.

Because they are cheap!

Seriously they don't understand how to take advantage technology.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I'm confused here. I agreed with Greg earlier that the EOBR should do more than it does. Do we really need to slam Fed cause a mega carrier only has to enter a bol# and commodity and that makes them far superior to Fed ? I enter a bol # and touch a calendar to indicate start and stop date. They either must add dates or add info daily, which would be more work . And we're inferior ? Or are people just slammin' Fed cause they like to slam Fed ? I'm confused. Darn, where'd I put them pom poms !

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well here is my point, the carrier - be it fedex or whoever - should take advantage of technology in such a way to allow the owners/drivers to use their capacity more effectivly. From live dispatch data to historical data but I have only seen two that are at the 2002 level of technology. The fed is not one of them.

See I look at it as a positive when a company can look for ways to do better, like having finances combined to show the balance sheet from the company point of view (comdata, ifta, load pay, etc. )

In the case of fedex, they only look at their needs and reject what they can do beyond the basics of the contractor - not really a slam but a fact.